What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v USC - September 30, 2023 - 10am MT, FOX

He looked like a baby Cris Carter
McClain looked great outside of the first play where he looked lost a bit.
Ward had a major impact in the 4th but was a disaster in the first 3 quarters.
Awful
Still recovering. He's not 100% there yet.
I have not had a chance to rewatch, did Cormani earn a starting job?

Can't compromise on guys showing up to meetings and not watching film. ****ty position to be in, but you get paid 5 million a year to figure out how to fix it.

I have to give this coaching staff a lot of credit. They held up well to a highly-touted USC team. I was concerned about how this year would go in the trenches but although there is a ways to go they are much farther than I thought they would be. The Buffs had been recruiting too many players that were not P5 level players so the roster had to be turned over but line play is hard to turnover in one season especially Oline. Lines need coordination which is developed over seasons. But this team is doing credible work at this point in the turn around.

We have face our toughest two threats, IMO, although UTAH will have a stout defense. I hope this team can get to 8-9 wins.

Who knows what CP will do. I feel like he asserted himself as the clear CB3 on this team with his play in the game, and might quickly become CB2 (behind Travis), but CP has been critical of his effort and focus in meetings and practice.
Prime said that he’s going to stay “up his (McClain’s) butt” about details because he loves Cormani. Very obvious that the talent is there given how Cormani played against some nice WRs. If his maturation process accelerates, he has first rounder upside.

Deion is not budging on 1. He has to do work in practice and film study. As for Miller, he's definitely starting. The other two suck so bad in the game, you have no other option
I think Xavier is a good college 2 and great 3. Horn is an nice 3, good 4, and great 5.

It's a world of difference whether those guys are covered by a CB1, 2, 3 or 4. Even more dramatic if your WR1 is a guy like Travis who commands both a CB1 and safety help on most plays.

I really look forward to seeing this offense if we found a little something in the run game, Omarion is the truth this year to be WR2/3, and then we've got Xavier as WR2/3 and then either Horn or Mikey being covered by a CB4 or Safety.

If Shedeur has the protection to get to his 2nd & 3rd reads with that, there's no way to hold this offense below 30.

I think Xavier is a good college 2 and great 3. Horn is an nice 3, good 4, and great 5.

It's a world of difference whether those guys are covered by a CB1, 2, 3 or 4. Even more dramatic if your WR1 is a guy like Travis who commands both a CB1 and safety help on most plays.

I really look forward to seeing this offense if we found a little something in the run game, Omarion is the truth this year to be WR2/3, and then we've got Xavier as WR2/3 and then either Horn or Mikey being covered by a CB4 or Safety.

If Shedeur has the protection to get to his 2nd & 3rd reads with that, there's no way to hold this offense below 30.
I was talking about Antonio and Dawson, not Weaver and Horn

I was talking about Antonio and Dawson, not Weaver and Horn
Gotcha.

Dawson at least is young. Antonio has been frustrating because he seems to miss the route adjustment reads and also doesn't look natural with tracking the ball & walling off the defender (and he's a 1-to-play-1 guy).

I thought we'd see Ellis more.

Agreed, but I will say that the 3rd play of the game was an RB screen to Hankerson that caught USC completely by surprise. It should have gone for big yards, but Hankerson for some reason cut inside away from all his blocks and gained one yard.

Sometimes it's not about the playcalling as much as it's about the execution.
Ugh, that play had me screaming at the TV. No idea what he was seeing on that one.

Prime said that he’s going to stay “up his (McClain’s) butt” about details because he loves Cormani. Very obvious that the talent is there given how Cormani played against some nice WRs. If his maturation process accelerates, he has first rounder upside.
When Travis gets back, that's one of the best CB tandems in college FB already. Watching Cormani cover Rice in the end zone was a thing of beauty. He's so talented, hope this was enough of a taste for him to get his **** straight.

When Travis gets back, that's one of the best CB tandems in college FB already. Watching Cormani cover Rice in the end zone was a thing of beauty. He's so talented, hope this was enough of a taste for him to get his **** straight.
I don't think his sh*t was as bad as people think. I think it's more that Coach Prime is playing the long game by coaching him harder than most because he sees the potential and owes it to him to coach him tough so he becomes all he's capable of becoming. My suspicion is that he's been our 3rd best CB on the field for weeks.

I don't think his sh*t was as bad as people think. I think it's more that Coach Prime is playing the long game by coaching him harder than most because he sees the potential and owes it to him to coach him tough so he becomes all he's capable of becoming. My suspicion is that he's been our 3rd best CB on the field for weeks.
I don't think his ability on the field has been an issue at all. It's all the other stuff that he'll need to get to the next level.

What I love about those highlights is there were no pedestrain, anybody could’ve done that type of plays. A couple great runs after the catch, and 3 truly amazing receptions with outstanding hands and body control.
I agree, not saying Dylan Edwards wasn't impressive on week 1. A lot of what he did seemed like you can scheme against it. With Miller, it's a lot of 1v1. You gotta double and that opens things up for the other WRs and the OL. That's more impressive to me

Agreed, but I will say that the 3rd play of the game was an RB screen to Hankerson that caught USC completely by surprise. It should have gone for big yards, but Hankerson for some reason cut inside away from all his blocks and gained one yard.

Sometimes it's not about the playcalling as much as it's about the execution.
This. Hankerson doesn't know how to read holes. There were 4-5 run plays where if he reads the hole correctly he would've turned a 3 yard gain into a 12 yard gain.

There were several plays where I actually wondered if they had any idea how to set up their blocks.

There were several plays where I actually wondered if they had any idea how to set up their blocks.
Harrell has lost some of his shine for me of late. Where's MacCaskill, Smoke gone "in a puff of...", trying too hard to run Dyl between the tackle, and Hankerson looks slow and can't read holes. Definitely the biggest disappointment unit-wise for me thus far.

Anyone notice how bad the field conditions were? Just watched the game on TV after attending in person. Did the ****ing Dead play on Friday night? Not good. Big chunks of turf missing.

Anyone notice how bad the field conditions were? Just watched the game on TV after attending in person. Did the ****ing Dead play on Friday night? Not good. Big chunks of turf missing.
Yes. many in our section were blown away by how bad the field looked. The field crew better get it's sh!t together or we'll be playing on dirt by the end of the month.

Yes. many in our section were blown away by how bad the field looked. The field crew better get it's sh!t together or we'll be playing on dirt by the end of the month.
I think the team practiced on the north half of the field for a couple days before the game and it looked torn up.

Seems like he's good if you can just put him in man to man on an outside receiver. I think there's more to the position in this defense.

Back