What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Women's Basketball RPI Watch

Buffs cruise to the 81-45 win. 10-0.

Jen Reese with another strong effort off the bench, scoring 16.

Chucky is putting herself in the running for Pac-12 POTY. 12 pts, 9 rebs, 7 asts... and only 1 turnover.

#LappeDays

Stanford beat Tennessee in Knoxville. It was not the drubbing Baylor gave Tennessee. Duke beat USC.

Chucky is putting herself in the running for Pac-12 POTY. 12 pts, 9 rebs, 7 asts... and only 1 turnover.

#LappeDays

Chucky is very focused at the moment. She is playing like the Pac-12 POTY. She is excited to graduate. I'm guessing Coach got her attention with whatever the early season suspension was about.

Utah Valley has 33,395 students and is the largest public university in Utah. Weird.

10-0. Let's take care of business against New Mexico. At 8-4, they're not a great team by any means, but one that you can't be caught sleeping against.

Utah Valley has 33,395 students and is the largest public university in Utah. Weird.

10-0. Let's take care of business against New Mexico. At 8-4, they're not a great team by any means, but one that you can't be caught sleeping against.

New Mexico isn't very good, but the MWC is horrible this year. With wins against them plus the ones we've booked against SDSU & Wyoming, the odds are great that we will have beaten the MWC champ if we get this one.

New Mexico isn't very good, but the MWC is horrible this year. With wins against them plus the ones we've booked against SDSU & Wyoming, the odds are great that we will have beaten the MWC champ if we get this one.

Don't forget CSU :)

Buffs are now at something like 21 consecutive regular season non-conference wins.

I had never heard of Utah Valley before. I had no idea it's the largest public university in Utah.

When the players return after Christmas, I'm sure Coach Lappe will keep them focused on basketball during the rest of the break. They need to focus if they have a chance of knocking off either Stanford or Cal.

I had never heard of Utah Valley before. I had no idea it's the largest public university in Utah.

When the players return after Christmas, I'm sure Coach Lappe will keep them focused on basketball during the rest of the break. They need to focus if they have a chance of knocking off either Stanford or Cal.

IMHO the first four games of the conference schedule is make or break for a top four finish. In order they have Stanford, Cal, Utah (@ home) followed by Utah on the road. All of this teams look like they'll finish in the top half of the standings. I feel like a 3-1 start is possible, but will be challenging.

The middle of the conference schedule features four straight road games at the Cal schools.

Illinois just beat #6 Georgia, at Illinois, 70-59. That's a nice win for the Illini and a bump to the Buffs rpi. CU beat Illinois, at Illinois, back on 12/1, 69-62 .

Ky did a great job, mom.

Buffs took care of business with defense and balanced scoring. Congrats to Coach Lappe her 50th win at CU and 100th career win. She will have many more!

Love the hustle shown by this team.

We are now one of five unbeaten teams.

Prior to the game I figured CU would win this game by around 20 points or so given UNM's previous results, but wow the Buffs just pasted the Lobos in the second half. CU was up by 18 at the half and then preceded to go on something like a 25-5 run. And it really was a team effort on both ends of the court. UNM until late in the game worked hard on defense, but couldn't slow the Buffs down.

Early in the game Lexi Kresl really helped by getting going from beyond the three point line. She ended up 5-5! But she also got to the basket as well.

Brittany looked like she incurred a concussion when she took a hard hit running into a screen. She only played 10 minutes in the game.

Jasmine Sborov and Ashley Wilson saw action for the first time in a while.

The last three or four games have reminded me of a lot what Ceal's teams in the 90's looked like. Solid defense and rebounding, opportunistic on offense and playing 40 minutes with intensity.

CU is clearly better than they were at this time last season and ahead of where I expected them to be at this time. Lappe is doing a tremendous job and the team is working hard and and executing. There is no doubt that they are playing like an NCAA tourney caliber team.

On to Pac-12 play! It's a challenging start, but I like getting some of the biggest road tests out of the way early. Time to prove that we're the real deal and won't fade in conference play. I know this team is ready to do that.

CU is clearly better than they were at this time last season and ahead of where I expected them to be at this time. Lappe is doing a tremendous job and the team is working hard and and executing. There is no doubt that they are playing like an NCAA tourney caliber team.

Composure, something that CU has not been able to play with much in the BIG games the last 6 or so seasons. They definitely have the intensity you need but composure comes with experience and confidence. CU showed that they may have this crucial component to a Championship caliber team against Louisville but the next 4 games will tell us a lot more.

I sure like the looks of this team and they seem to be getting better everyday!

Does anyone know when Huggins might be back. She could be big off the bench in conference play.

Too bad Stanford got drubbed at home to the new #1.

So how does Stanford react to getting blasted. Do they come out angry wanting to prove that it was just an off night or do they take a step back and now that an undefeated season and the #1 ranking are off the table do they come out less than full speed and we catch them down.

So how does Stanford react to getting blasted. Do they come out angry wanting to prove that it was just an off night or do they take a step back and now that an undefeated season and the #1 ranking are off the table do they come out less than full speed and we catch them down.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a well coached team. CU will need to be at the top of their game.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a well coached team. CU will need to be at the top of their game.

Yup. I hope for the second but expect the first. That's how you get that good and stay there.

Stanford doesn't lose 2 in a row very often. Pretty much never happens.

We are now one of four unbeaten teams in the women's game. Two ranked teams above us got beat today--#20 Texas (2nd loss in two games at a tournament) and #15 Dayton. We will be moving on up.

Lappe is an intense coach and expects her players to be just as intense. They have finally figured that out this season and have totally bought in to her system and style of play and coaching.

I think we can get one of the games this weekend. Utah got beat by North Dakota State yesterday at home. They can be beaten.

This team definitely wants a ticket to the dance. They don't want to be watching in Boulder from the sidelines.

I do hope B Wil is okay and will be ready to play.

As for Lauren Huggins, stress fractures are strange things. If I am not mistaken, she has multiple stress fractures. We have to concentrate on keeping all the other players healthy as she might not be playing this season.

College Sports Madness updated bracketologoy (dated 12/31 but posted on 12/30) has 4 PAC-12 teams in with CU as #5 seed. The #4 seed they have in the bracket with the Buffs is Okie State. That would be interesting if it happened since it would be a rematch, in Boulder, of the WNIT quarterfinal from last season where the Buffs were beaten by the Cowgirls in Stillwater.
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/womens-basketball/bracketology

Updated bracketology out today on ESPN. They have the Buffs up to #7, with Penn State the #2 seed sent to Boulder.In the 12/10 version, they had CU as one of the last 4 in; now it looks as tho they are solidly in as long as they perform up to expectations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

Pac-12 is so weak this year. CU dropped from #30 to #33 in RPI after beating ASU. And ASU is in the middle of the conference standings.

Pac-12 is so weak this year. CU dropped from #30 to #33 in RPI after beating ASU. And ASU is in the middle of the conference standings.
I've been checking regularly on WarrenNolan. At least according to his RPI rankings what appears to have happened is that CU fell from 30 after winning at Utah to 33 prior to the ASU game yesterday due to results of schools CU beat in the non-conference part of the schedule. Then after beating ASU last night, we moved back up 1 to 32.

Back