What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conference Expansion - Big 12 is a tire fire

I think BYU might be the better choice (much as I hate them), but Houston would be easier/more compatible for many reasons.

bohnzone-593x356.jpg
Looks like a good place. So cool you gotta wear shades.

I think BYU might be the better choice (much as I hate them), but Houston would be easier/more compatible for many reasons.
BYU is a great choice in most cases...except the Sunday thing. Not sure if the Big 12 can get around the Sunday thing.

I'd be happy for BYU.

The hate between UU and BYU is brutal, and the Yoots have been rubbing BYU's face in their G5 status ever since UU got their seat at the grown-ups table.

**** BYU. Their handling of sexual assault cases on campus - and an honor code that enables attackers to silence their victims - puts them in a league with **** bailer for scuzziness. (Now they appear to about to be literally in a league with them.)

Seriously, **** BYU.

Cincinnati getting the invite based 100% on geography. The XII wants a travel partner for WVU. There's no way you can convince me that Cincinnati is actually a better program than Houston.

**** BYU. Their handling of sexual assault cases on campus - and an honor code that enables attackers to silence their victims - puts them in a league with **** bailer for scuzziness. (Now they appear to about to be literally in a league with them.)

Seriously, **** BYU.
B12 deserves **** Bailer west.

BYU is a great choice in most cases...except the Sunday thing. Not sure if the Big 12 can get around the Sunday thing.
Football only school on a reduced conference distribution.

No need for a geographic "travel partner," solves Sunday issue, and makes the $ more attractive for the current B12 schools.

Also, while the media companies may have been interested in redoing the contract to ammend the "add teams, get more money loophole," it's possible that the conference told them to pound sand "we don't care about maintaining good relations for the 'next contract,' hell, this whole thing is going to blow up in 2024 anyway, so we expect you to honor the contract as written."

Seriously, **** BYU.

Cincinnati getting the invite based 100% on geography. The XII wants a travel partner for WVU. There's no way you can convince me that Cincinnati is actually a better program than Houston.

Definitely, at least in football. That geographic bridge is needed though, especially if the conference stretches 2,000 miles E-W from Morgantown to Provo

I've said it before, but man am I glad we are not in a conference with those cheesedicks anymore.

I've said it before, but man am I glad we are not in a conference with those cheesedicks anymore.
Pretty crazy to think about all the movement a couple years ago and which conference made the right choice. If CU keeps up the football program is there any doubt that the Pac-10 made the best moves by bringing in Colorado and Utah? CU and Utah have both been very good on the basketball court, Utah has been plenty competitive after the first year in football and CU looks to be making a step back towards relevancy. Big-10 added Maryland and Rutgers so they are definitely in last. SEC did great adding A&M but Missouri seems like an odd fit long term. Big-12 lost 4 teams, added 2 good schools but missed out terribly on Louisville.

WTF?! Was there some ****bailer announcement today that they were trying to cover up?

So glad to be out of that sh!tbox.

lol hold up. The conference has done all this just so they can leverage more money out of their TV contract, and the networks are going to do it? WOW.

If ISU/KU/KSU were smart they'd push hard for expansion to avoid playing all of the top TX/OK schools every season. Easier route to bowls.

Dodd also pointed out that a few schools have interim or retiring presidents. It's not great timing in that regard

Back