What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Congratulations Mr. Montez

Offense looks loaded for 2017. I didn't know if we'd have the QB to captain the ship, but I think we can say that those concerns were eased a bit. :sneaky:
Between Montez, Noyer and the possibility of Lytle coming in and impressing immediately, QB should be a very competitive position battle and potentially the best we've had since....

What meant more than anything was his attitude, he could've quit but didn't. That's a quality you want in a qb. Our situation at the position is much better.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2016/09/canzano_oregon_ducks_loss_is_a.html

"Playing at home the Oregon defense allowed 593 yards of offense. Colorado had 32 first downs and averaged 14.5 yards per pass attempt. It did these things starting a quarterback so baby-faced and inexperienced that I doubt Steven Montez has to rinse the razor when he shaves. Like ever."

such a good win. Had like 35 ducks over at the house for this one.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2016/09/canzano_oregon_ducks_loss_is_a.html

"Playing at home the Oregon defense allowed 593 yards of offense. Colorado had 32 first downs and averaged 14.5 yards per pass attempt. It did these things starting a quarterback so baby-faced and inexperienced that I doubt Steven Montez has to rinse the razor when he shaves. Like ever."

such a good win. Had like 35 ducks over at the house for this one.
Wow! An Oregon columnist actually wrote about the game! Too bad Denver doesn't have any of those.

Montez orchestrated a game winning drive at the end of the game. Haven't seen that in a very long time.
Not to dis Sefo at all, but Montez did in his first start and on the road what Sefo has struggled to do his entire career. I'm feeling better about our Q sitch more and more.

One of the eye openers for me with Montez's play was how sneaky fast he is. He's so long-limbed that he doesn't look like he's moving as fast as he is. Oregon guys were taking bad angles and getting beat to the spot by him all day.

One of the eye openers for me with Montez's play was how sneaky fast he is. He's so long-limbed that he doesn't look like he's moving as fast as he is. Oregon guys were taking bad angles and getting beat to the spot by him all day.
He's a really good athlete, I have heard some freaky stories about him balling and the rec center. Sefo is also underrated athletically.

Reminded me a bit of Mariota.

He's 6'5" man and has a long stride. Those guys suck to play against because shorter guys have to stride twice what it takes him in one. That wears on you come second half.

For me it was his eyes. They kept giving close ups before each snap and he looked bored if anything. You can tell he has a lot of confidence in himself and the situation wasn't too big for him. He looked the same when they were winning and when it was the fourth quarter.

I don't think we have a Sefo Pipp situation where he loses his starting position but I love where we are right now today versus last week. Next years offense is going to be sick.

Wow! An Oregon columnist actually wrote about the game! Too bad Denver doesn't have any of those.
To be fair, the state of Oregon has a sports community consisting of the Portland Trailblazers, Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers. Kind of a big difference compared to the Denver market.

To be fair, the state of Oregon has a sports community consisting of the Portland Trailblazers, Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers. Kind of a big difference compared to the Denver market.
I can follow and cheer for more than one football team. Seems to me a professional could write about more than one.

Yeah, that's the stat I was responding to. First 300/100 but only second 200/100. You'd have thought that had been done multiple times. But when you think about the QB's we've had, it makes sense.
Hagan, Stewart, Aunese, Johnson, Ochs, Moschetti...I would have thought one of those guys.

Everyone is hating on him, but I would like to thank Davis Webb. If he did come here, he and Sefo are QB1 and QB2. We would not have seen Montez Saturday, and he would have gotten very little run this year. Now he is getting legit snaps, and will continue to do so this entire year (would not be surprised if he gets a series in every game) and next year looks a lot more rosy. So, thanks Davis, even though you're still a cocksucker and I hope you throw a thousand interceptions (off to a good start so far!).

It's so great having Sefo playing with such confidence and playing so well and now this gem from our backup? Wow. Keep it rolling boys.

The line did a great job keeping guys off him and letting him get to his deep throws which he is good at. The key to this team stopping the blitz is the QB runs or the threat of him running.

Everyone is hating on him, but I would like to thank Davis Webb. If he did come here, he and Sefo are QB1 and QB2. We would not have seen Montez Saturday, and he would have gotten very little run this year. Now he is getting legit snaps, and will continue to do so this entire year (would not be surprised if he gets a series in every game) and next year looks a lot more rosy. So, thanks Davis, even though you're still a cocksucker and I hope you throw a thousand interceptions (off to a good start so far!).
It's also nice to root for guys who are passionate for their team, not just looking good for scouts.

Back