What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU AD Fired?

Classless is who they are. Trash mouth sonny standing on the 50 yard line post game, calling a reporter who went to CU every name in the book. Punklee van mullet hitting an opponent in the head with a football after crossing the goal line. Trash mouth sonny calling the number of a washed up injured former Buff running back on 4th and goal, even though that kid didn't have the goods left to deliver, but if he had, trash mouth would have added to his personal legend.

They are lead by dirtbags. They recruit a ton of dirtbags. Their biggest donors are dirtbags. Their handful of fans are clueless dirtbags. This is what happens.

Classless is who they are. Trash mouth sonny standing on the 50 yard line post game, calling a reporter who went to CU every name in the book. Punklee van mullet hitting an opponent in the head with a football after crossing the goal line. Trash mouth sonny calling the number of a washed up injured former Buff running back on 4th and goal, even though that kid didn't have the goods left to deliver, but if he had, trash mouth would have added to his personal legend.

They are lead by dirtbags. They recruit a ton of dirtbags. Their biggest donors are dirtbags. Their handful of fans are clueless dirtbags. This is what happens.

I assume that their world-renowned Fibers scholars specialize in dirt bags?

Stryker Medical has noted your endorsement.

My favorite part of the recent posts on the CSU board is that their plan is:

1) New stadium
2) Get admitted to the Big 12 or Pac 12.

Lets assume for a minute that a few Pac 12 presidents would be willing to go along with CSU. Do these Lamb fans not realize CU would get that vetoed before it even had a chance. It is okay to dream but they should also try and mix in a little reality from time to time.

CU would be dumb to veto it. They will never capture full interest of CO. With CSU involved it would solidify CO as a PAC state. Forget about weird Utah.

CU would be dumb to veto it. They will never capture full interest of CO. With CSU involved it would solidify CO as a PAC state. Forget about weird Utah.

I almost admire your blind loyalty, naïveté, and ill fated hope.

For csu to become a true PAC partner for the Buffs, you'd need to triple your athletic spending, build a new stadium, convince everyone that you can be relevant, and do it all on the come before you have any assurance of getting into the club.

You'd also need the local tv market to explode with demand for another big time program.

History and facts don't support your dreams, but captain jack would be proud. Good luck.

ram fans--"ucb blah blah fluffs blah blah before I see my son in Boulder blah blah folscum blah blah...(takes off hat and holds in hands) oh please, please let us into your conference,pretty please?"

Beat it, Rags.

Reactions: aik
Hey man, sorry about your AD getting fired and the stadium project grinding to a halt and fundraisers closing the checkbook. Good luck I'm the FCS! (channeling my inner surveyor)

Another scenario that would solidify CO as a PAC state: no more CSU football.

New be bold thinking involves combating pressure to drop CSU football following chronic long term financial insolvency issues. The CSU AD can not depend on subsidies and use of student fees to prop up Rams football forever. Once CSU football is no longer considered a viable economic entity, it cannot survive. Parents shelling out hefty tuition checks, students burdened by crushing student debt, and concerned Colorado tax payers conspire to keep Dr Tony Franks and CSU's governing board accountable for fiscal responsibility. Concussions and poor off field choices by Ram players further tip FoCo sentiment in opposition to CSU athletics following two years of a contentious and failed on-campus stadium campaign.

The wolf is at the door at the CSU AD's office. It's OK, though. The DU Pioneers once had a football program, too.

Savor every minute of the 2014 season, because this may be the last best CSU football the school can put on the field. It may just be all downhill from here.

ram fans--"ucb blah blah fluffs blah blah before I see my son in Boulder blah blah folscum blah blah...(takes off hat and holds in hands) oh please, please let us into your conference,pretty please?"

Beat it, Rags.

It's amusing that the one thing that stops most CU fans for supporting CSU is their fanbase's near saturation with obsessive loathing for CU; ramU has historically demonstrated similar assholishness.

Now I'm hearing, "if we could just work together...". Yeah, the last time we placated the CSU pleas we got the RMS in Invesco.

If RamU looks to, say, Minnesota or a few other P5 teams he'll note that the money and the visibility don't always lead to significantly increased fan support. In BroncoTown, I don't think the two-team college football market really explodes. I don't think Coloradans will suddenly fall in love with the Rams with increased exposure (or even success). Hell, the more I get to know them, certainly the less I like them.

He's right that CU wouldn't veto them, but he's wrong about the reasons why.

File photo

raiderred.jpg

He's their ticket to the B12 man. Heard the CSU homer Matt Stephens on the radio last night. CSU still trying for the big time apparently...

Being in the MWC hurt them with the tourney.

The MWC has historically had some very solid basketball programs. UNLV has a national championship. I really don't think the conference affiliation had anything to do with CSU being left out. As has been speculated, I think the fact that there were some big name bubble teams hurt them more than anything. UCLA and Indiana aren't going to be left out of the dance in favor of CSU, even if neither team had a terribly good year.

As for hiring this guy to help with the B12 chances - it can't hurt. Although if I were them, I'd have looked at an assistant AD at Texas or Oklahoma if that was their true intent.

The MWC has historically had some very solid basketball programs. UNLV has a national championship. I really don't think the conference affiliation had anything to do with CSU being left out. As has been speculated, I think the fact that there were some big name bubble teams hurt them more than anything. UCLA and Indiana aren't going to be left out of the dance in favor of CSU, even if neither team had a terribly good year.

As for hiring this guy to help with the B12 chances - it can't hurt. Although if I were them, I'd have looked at an assistant AD at Texas or Oklahoma if that was their true intent.

Yeah but this year UNLV was bad. SDSU was not as dominate as they usually are so CSU couldn't get the wins over good teams during the conference schedule they usually can. They had no good road wins because the teams in the conference were bad.

Yeah but this year UNLV was bad. SDSU was not as dominate as they usually are so CSU couldn't get the wins over good teams during the conference schedule they usually can. They had no good road wins because the teams in the conference were bad.

Agreed.

In many years the MWC has had a team or two that racked up some major non-conference wins and had national recognition. As you mentioned sometimes it's UNLV or SDSU and UNM has had some very solid teams as well.

This year they didn't have that recognized program that could carry others with them.

Seems to be a pretty good hire for them

Really? Deputy AD from a lower end school seems pretty average type of hire to me.

I liked the Jack Graham hire better, simply because I felt that guy was going to do anything to win (and he did).

Really? Deputy AD from a lower end school seems pretty average type of hire to me.

I liked the Jack Graham hire better, simply because I felt that guy was going to do anything to win (and he did).

It seems a lot like the football hire. Who the hell knows how it will work out. I never really saw bobo on any lists for head coaching gigs so it came out of no where but that doesn't mean it won't work. Never heard of the guy they hired as AD but only time will tell.

Agreed.

In many years the MWC has had a team or two that racked up some major non-conference wins and had national recognition. As you mentioned sometimes it's UNLV or SDSU and UNM has had some very solid teams as well.

This year they didn't have that recognized program that could carry others with them.

CSU would have gotten in the tourney had it not been for Wyoming grabbing the automatic bid, plain and simple. UCLA had a bad year and Texas had a losing record in the Big 12. CSU got screwed.

Back