What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Game Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop trying so hard jenna fischer GIF
Bro. I wish it wasn't so obvious. It all lines up. Portents of doom are ****ing everywhere.

WHY CANT YOU SEE THE OBVIOUS?
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Football success elevates all CU programs.

PD is ****ting his pants right now
Norvell's whole defensive game plan will likely follow some of what the Nubs did schematically in terms of bringing pressure. Disrupt Shadeur and hope he makes some mistakes
Shedeur is about as careful as you can be with the ball without being gunshy. It's incredible how efficient he is and the plays he makes without putting the ball at risk. Disrupting Shedeur ain't happening.
He's extra engaged because his son (2028 prospect) got a visitor invite for Saturday.
McChesney going to absolutely lose his mind when his son is told thanks but no thanks, or asked to walk on.

Sounded like BVP would love to be a bigger part of the program but that CSU just has not prioritized including it’s former players much.

Now, maybe some of that is on him as well. He lives in NoCal and it doesn’t sound like he shows up in Fort Collins very often.

Sounded like BVP would love to be a bigger part of the program but that CSU just has not prioritized including it’s former players much.

Now, maybe some of that is on him as well. He lives in NoCal and it doesn’t sound like he shows up in Fort Collins very often.

CSU has run that program so horribly that it doesn't surprise me that they aren't engaging with their former players. They totally took the 'if you build it, they will come' approach to that stadium, and have not done very much to engage the public outside of that. I'm sure it's tough, especially because I-25 is a continual ****show, but they don't seem to advertise in the Denver metro at all, which is really dumb to me. IIRC, there are more CSU alums in the Denver Metro than any other school. It seems like they should be advertising their asses off to get fans to come and watch their games.

And TBH, I went to a Boise State/CSU game a few years ago in that stadium - it's not bad. I kinda was underwhelmed given the price tag, but it amazes me that they can't fill it up.

Very classy and hard not to like. Not that he would be interested in a full time role, but CSU would be very wise to get him back in the fold as much as possible.
You are being kind to him but he was classy in this appearance.

CSU would be wise to bring him into the program though because he knows what it takes to win there and he has a passion for what he does.

McChesney going to absolutely lose his mind when his son is told thanks but no thanks, or asked to walk on.
I highly doubt it but I really hope that McChesney is letting his kid be his own person.

Having been in education as long as I was I saw far too many kids, both in athletics and otherwise who had parents who tried to live their dreams through their kids instead of encouraging the kids to live their own dreams.

Far more often than not it didn't end well for either party.

McChesney is one of those people who is so intense and so passionate about his own priorities that I can see him smothering his kid's identity.

so we have our disrespect buttons pushed for this week.

next week, with all the **** lanning said, the disrespect meter will be pinging max.

usc îs easy to hate.

let's roll.

CSU has run that program so horribly that it doesn't surprise me that they aren't engaging with their former players. They totally took the 'if you build it, they will come' approach to that stadium, and have not done very much to engage the public outside of that. I'm sure it's tough, especially because I-25 is a continual ****show, but they don't seem to advertise in the Denver metro at all, which is really dumb to me. IIRC, there are more CSU alums in the Denver Metro than any other school. It seems like they should be advertising their asses off to get fans to come and watch their games.

And TBH, I went to a Boise State/CSU game a few years ago in that stadium - it's not bad. I kinda was underwhelmed given the price tag, but it amazes me that they can't fill it up.
It’s hard to get word to the CSU alums when they are continually moving their tents.

Best guess is that Norvell knows a blowout is likely and now he can say it was his fault for the blowout, not some crazy talent disparity.

Honestly, it’s going to help viewership numbers too. I’ve already seen a bunch of our new east coast fans say they’re fully locked in after not being sure they’d watch the game live. Big viewership numbers will help CSU in recruiting even if they get their asses kicked. I can’t freaking wait to be at the game now.
Maybe the last part. I don’t see why Norvell would willingly try to take the fall

I'm having a hard time understanding what possible upside Jay Norvell sees in picking stupid little fights with CU and Coach Prime.

We're about to relegate them to the stone age... If I were him, I would be respectful and use this as a chance to give CSU some daylight. But that's all.
Nah. We’d love our coach doing that. He’s just trying to pump his team up. The problem is that he may have pumped ours up. He wants his kids to know he doesn’t back down. I like Norvell. I wish him success at CSU so that he might get a P4 gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back