What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Game Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what happened.

What will be funny is that after the beating we put on them this year and then after they have another weak season we go to their place next year and the mix in the stadium may seem fairly similar. It would be great to turn their stadium into a CU home game, might as well bring Ralphie.

The Breakfast Club Reaction GIF

insert one of my billion mom jokes here.

i don't honestly think novel was trying rip Coach's mom but make a distinction between himself and Coach. nevertheless it will bite them in the ass.

harrison ford jones GIF
I think CP can laugh at the insult to him. I think he will be truly pised about his mom getting dissed. He should have thought about what he said.

I didn't go through the entire roster, just the starters, so my numbers are a bit different than yours for CU OL/DL

Just because I had the data handy I decided to indulge @CUAviator :

Average CU Starting OL: 6'5", 301
Average UU Starting OL: 6'4", 311
Average TCU Starting OL: 6'5", 330 (not a typo)

Average CU Starting DL: 6'3", 271
Average UU Starting DL: 6'4", 279
Average TCU Starting DL: 6'3", 296 (if you just include their 3 down linemen; they play a 3-3-5)
Average TCU Starting DL: 6'3" 278 (if you include their Rush LB)

To be clear, I agree with @Da Lama that this doesn't necessarily mean bad things for CU all season because of the way that the college game has evolved, but as @Buffnik points out, the defense and especially the interior DL/LBs seem built to play against the pass. CU could be in trouble if they run into a team that can play with a lead and wants to run it in between the tackles.

Just wanted to make a little update here:

Average nubs Starting OL: 6'5", 310
Average CSU Starting OL: 6'4", 305 (not a typo)

Average nubs Starting DL: 6'5", 301 (if you just include their 3 down linemen; they play a 3-3-5)
Average nubs Starting DL: 6'5" 287 (if you include their Rush LB)
Average CSU Starting DL: 6'1", 271

CU is averaging ~57 YPG on the ground. I think this is maybe the week that the running game gets on track.

The vendors outside of Mile High had blue and orange shirts that said "**** around and Find out."

At this point, I just want a CU one in gold and black.
Walking up Folsom last week, I was surrounded by Husker fans, One was shouting "**** around and find out" over and over, until we had to go uphill. She got around a third of the way up and ran out of breath. No joke, she got out her phone and began making arrangements for an Uber to take her the rest of the way up. I am sure the irony was lost on her.

Walking up Folsom last week, I was surrounded by Husker fans, One was shouting "**** around and find out" over and over, until we had to go uphill. She got around a third of the way up and ran out of breath. No joke, she got out her phone and began making arrangements for an Uber to take her the rest of the way up. I am sure the irony was lost on her.

You should have told her that only about 40k+ run up that hill at the end of a 10k every year. That would have made her feel better about her situation, I'm sure.

Sounds like CSU had to turn back a bunch of visitor section tickets back to CU :ROFLMAO:
If they can't sell their visitor allotment for this, then they are not worthy of getting home & homes in future extensions of the series. Especially since there is no way they can afford whatever our visitor appearance fee is going to be going up to. Getting CU to come to your place is going to be more valuable than getting Notre Dame to come to your stadium.

If they can't sell their visitor allotment for this, then they are not worthy of getting home & homes in future extensions of the series. Especially since there is no way they can afford whatever our visitor appearance fee is going to be going up to. Getting CU to come to your place is going to be more valuable than getting Notre Dame to come to your stadium.

I really wish CSU was decent. In the late 90s and early 2000s, when we were both respectable, it was fun. Rich Eisen's statement was wrong, in fact. I believe 1998 and 2002 games were on ESPN, and others were on ESPN2.

It was only when both programs started to suck that it was relegated to FS2 and P12N.

Just wanted to make a little update here:

Average nubs Starting OL: 6'5", 310
Average CSU Starting OL: 6'4", 305 (not a typo)

Average nubs Starting DL: 6'5", 301 (if you just include their 3 down linemen; they play a 3-3-5)
Average nubs Starting DL: 6'5" 287 (if you include their Rush LB)
Average CSU Starting DL: 6'1", 271

CU is averaging ~57 YPG on the ground. I think this is maybe the week that the running game gets on track.
Interesting numbers. What they don't say is what the shapes are of those players. How much of that weight is in the legs and shoulders vs. how much is in the belly area.

How much of the 300+ is blubber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back