What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Game Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of delusion on RamNation has reached a fever peak
All seven of them.

Over the years the number of regular posters on that board has slowly faded off. The depressing reality of their place in the college football world seems to be getting to many of them.

Even the delusional ones have resorted to grasping for straws.

In the past there were always some of them who would argue that they were better than given credit for and CU was worse. Now even the most optimistic of them is counting on CU having a letdown, on CSU doing something CU is completely unprepared for, etc. etc.

A "Sandwich game" LOL

Vine Ok GIF

Yeah, I know they were there. I’m pretty sure they don’t give a **** about a CSU beat writer calling the media circus in Boulder a zoo. 😂
Also, the dude who announced his plans to sit in the visitor section to stir up **** is somehow offended that our stadium is referred to as a zoo?

He calls it a receipt. In kindergarten we called that a tattle.

"
The similarities are pretty strong. It was Mac's second year, which also saw a terrible CSU team sneak out three MWC wins over bad teams (just trade UNLV for Nev) and a bonus win over the worst CU team in history (really saying something there). We started off the year with optimism, with a second year starting QB in Grayson (that tons of people on this board wanted dumped for Connor Smith or anyone else) and promptly got punched in the face, losing 41-27 to a bad CU team we should have beat (a game infamous for our DBs celebrating big hits after first downs, an inability to cover CU's only good player, and debilitating turnovers). We even started out that game down 17-3...sounds familiar.

We followed that up with a terrible loss to Tulsa, then a win over a decent FCS team, before heading down to Bama, where we all expected to get our teeth kicked in. Bama was fresh off a huge, emotional win over Manziel & A&M, and looking forward to a big game vs. Ole Miss. I went, and our entire goal was to not get shut out, that's all we could focus on.

We lost 31-6, but had the ball in the fourth quarter, trailing just 17-6 with about 1,000 CSU fans making more noise than the 90,000 Bama fans (including a special teams TD and an awful turnover that gave Bama 14 of those points, essentially). There are no moral victories, blah blah, but that game showed CSU we could compete with anyone, that we didn't need to play scared. The game also featured the Coach Mac high 5 to Grayson for throwing the ball away, something that became a RamNation meme for a while, but it showed a proof of concept for what Mac wanted from his teams. The offense began to click for CSU moving forward, some of our young guns and Grayson started to figure it out, and CSU went on to win 17 of the next 21 games. It wasn't an overnite turnaround, but it lit the fuse.

This year we have a chance to do that again. No one gives us a chance, but we have to go in there and punch them in the mouth. I think this CSU team is probably more talented than Mac's 2013 team, but it is similar in that almost none of them have proven it at this level, but they need to find a way to believe. Just focus on winning the next play, making everything hard for CU. Beat them up and watch as they lose that belief, watch that fanbase turtle, because, like us, they know that the other shoe always drops. DS may have instilled a confidence at the moment, but those fans only know pain and suffering, and they know it's just around the corner.

Worst case, let's come out of this knowing no DB can cover Tory, no team can defend Holker, our line can open holes for Morrow/Kobe, our dline can get to every qb, our DBs can make plays, etc. Just give us all some hope and show us we are capable of big things."

Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

"
Just my take on the game.
First of all, I absolutely suck at handicapping these things but 23 seems awful high. I really think it will be closer than that.

I have not watched much CU FB this year since Fox has been blocked on DirecTV, but I was able to stay awake through a good chunk of the CU/Nebraska replay I found. CU looks good, but not near as good as Nebraska looks bad and I have watched both of their games. CU/TCU highlights? Same story. I'm not trying to say CU sucks or anything, but they're making some hay off of some overrated teams so far IMO.

CSU? Yeah, I've watched the WSU game a few times. I saw a lot of potential just not being addressed. If all of this rebuilding, the team bonding and getting comfortable in the system, and being more talented is just BS, then JN is a grifter and needs to be gone. I don't think at all that that is the case though. WSU was a coaching and QB issue. The D was not prepared for that offense. Somehow all of us, and apparently our coaches thought that we ran similar offenses, and they were wrong. On our side, we were afraid to have an offense. There is no way those players put in all that time and effort and the best they could come up with is that outing against WSU. I believe we're a much better team than that. You build a team and a program and then you don't know what you missed until game one. Now they know, and they've had two weeks to address it. I do believe that we're a better team than last year, and much better than what we saw on opening day.

I wouldn't put money on CSU winning, but I do expect it to be more in the 14 - 16 point range in a loss. I also believe that the team has to be pissed about WSU, excited about CU, and will do all they can to make it a dogfight. Also, if there weren't upsets, then the term upset wouldn't exist in the sports lexicon. I'm not predicting an upset, but I think it's silly to rule one out. If these guys want it bad enough, and the coaches allow them to go get it, then I think it's definitely on the table.

It doesn't matter what we think. If these guys really believe they will win, there's a great chance that they will. I wish I could go all in on that belief. I really hope that the team has though. We have good players, and (I think) good coaches. Let's see what they were able to clean up."

Better than Shane Gillis stand up over there.

"
First of all, I absolutely suck at handicapping these things but 23 seems awful high. I really think it will be closer than that.

I have not watched much CU FB this year since Fox has been blocked on DirecTV, but I was able to stay awake through a good chunk of the CU/Nebraska replay I found. CU looks good, but not near as good as Nebraska looks bad and I have watched both of their games. CU/TCU highlights? Same story. I'm not trying to say CU sucks or anything, but they're making some hay off of some overrated teams so far IMO.

CSU? Yeah, I've watched the WSU game a few times. I saw a lot of potential just not being addressed. If all of this rebuilding, the team bonding and getting comfortable in the system, and being more talented is just BS, then JN is a grifter and needs to be gone. I don't think at all that that is the case though. WSU was a coaching and QB issue. The D was not prepared for that offense. Somehow all of us, and apparently our coaches thought that we ran similar offenses, and they were wrong. On our side, we were afraid to have an offense. There is no way those players put in all that time and effort and the best they could come up with is that outing against WSU. I believe we're a much better team than that. You build a team and a program and then you don't know what you missed until game one. Now they know, and they've had two weeks to address it. I do believe that we're a better team than last year, and much better than what we saw on opening day.

I wouldn't put money on CSU winning, but I do expect it to be more in the 14 - 16 point range in a loss. I also believe that the team has to be pissed about WSU, excited about CU, and will do all they can to make it a dogfight. Also, if there weren't upsets, then the term upset wouldn't exist in the sports lexicon. I'm not predicting an upset, but I think it's silly to rule one out. If these guys want it bad enough, and the coaches allow them to go get it, then I think it's definitely on the table.

It doesn't matter what we think. If these guys really believe they will win, there's a great chance that they will. I wish I could go all in on that belief. I really hope that the team has though. We have good players, and (I think) good coaches. Let's see what they were able to clean up."

So you watched 50% of our 2 games and want folks to read that Mtn post?

Yeah, not happening.

"
The similarities are pretty strong. It was Mac's second year, which also saw a terrible CSU team sneak out three MWC wins over bad teams (just trade UNLV for Nev) and a bonus win over the worst CU team in history (really saying something there). We started off the year with optimism, with a second year starting QB in Grayson (that tons of people on this board wanted dumped for Connor Smith or anyone else) and promptly got punched in the face, losing 41-27 to a bad CU team we should have beat (a game infamous for our DBs celebrating big hits after first downs, an inability to cover CU's only good player, and debilitating turnovers). We even started out that game down 17-3...sounds familiar.

We followed that up with a terrible loss to Tulsa, then a win over a decent FCS team, before heading down to Bama, where we all expected to get our teeth kicked in. Bama was fresh off a huge, emotional win over Manziel & A&M, and looking forward to a big game vs. Ole Miss. I went, and our entire goal was to not get shut out, that's all we could focus on.

We lost 31-6, but had the ball in the fourth quarter, trailing just 17-6 with about 1,000 CSU fans making more noise than the 90,000 Bama fans (including a special teams TD and an awful turnover that gave Bama 14 of those points, essentially). There are no moral victories, blah blah, but that game showed CSU we could compete with anyone, that we didn't need to play scared. The game also featured the Coach Mac high 5 to Grayson for throwing the ball away, something that became a RamNation meme for a while, but it showed a proof of concept for what Mac wanted from his teams. The offense began to click for CSU moving forward, some of our young guns and Grayson started to figure it out, and CSU went on to win 17 of the next 21 games. It wasn't an overnite turnaround, but it lit the fuse.

This year we have a chance to do that again. No one gives us a chance, but we have to go in there and punch them in the mouth. I think this CSU team is probably more talented than Mac's 2013 team, but it is similar in that almost none of them have proven it at this level, but they need to find a way to believe. Just focus on winning the next play, making everything hard for CU. Beat them up and watch as they lose that belief, watch that fanbase turtle, because, like us, they know that the other shoe always drops. DS may have instilled a confidence at the moment, but those fans only know pain and suffering, and they know it's just around the corner.

Worst case, let's come out of this knowing no DB can cover Tory, no team can defend Holker, our line can open holes for Morrow/Kobe, our dline can get to every qb, our DBs can make plays, etc. Just give us all some hope and show us we are capable of big things."

Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha
"No DB can cover Tory" Travis Hunter doubled over in laughter along with multiple other CU DBs.

"

That’s a lot of words to say that like Jon Snow, you know nothing.

Just to be clear... the CSU reporter said Folsom would be a zoo... and that was offensive? I'm just trying to keep up

I am sure McChes heard the CSU reporter say Folsom IS a zoo. That is the only thing that makes any sense.

From the same ramnation poster who shared his Loveland JV story. This is also like their #1 poster and mod:

Things are setting up perfectly for a CSU upset of CU​

If anyone saw Deion's press conference today, seems like he knows very little about this game. He minds me of Bobo of how he looked at this rivalry game. For a guy who has made his story at CU on the back of no respect he sure doesn't seem to care about this game much.
Additionally there is tons of tall locally and nationally about Shrueder for Heisman, and him being already considered a first round pick. Could Deion leave after this year. Should they start contract extension talks. Being ranked in the top 20. Oregon is coming up, finally a test versus a top 10 team. Gameday will be here, plus Fox Noon Kickoff. Tons and tons and tons of noise.

This is exactly what we want. Distract them from football. Have the players and coaches at CU waisting time and energy on the noise. Have them and their fans assume this is a cakewalk. Perfect. I love every second of this. We have had 2 weeks to prepare, they have barely turned the page on last week and are starting to turn the page to next week. Exactly what I was hoping for. Bring the circus to Boulder. Let them swim in the pool of stardom and attention. And then show up on gameday unprepared, exhausted, and overstimulated.

I haven't heard any talk of Shrueder winning the Hesiman with the way Coop Clair has been destroying him every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back