What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Game Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRIME 21 - Gold
For anyone that pre ordered, when are yours expected to ship? Mine aren’t till like October 10 I think?

Reactions: wip
Colorado State does have a very interesting collection of characters, per this The Athletic article, but they will still likely lose big.

If they all lived together in a trailer in fort collins I could see it being a reality show deep on cable somewhere.

I really wish CSU was decent. In the late 90s and early 2000s, when we were both respectable, it was fun. Rich Eisen's statement was wrong, in fact. I believe 1998 and 2002 games were on ESPN, and others were on ESPN2.

It was only when both programs started to suck that it was relegated to FS2 and P12N.
I'll never hope they are decent.
I'd be fine if they were relegated to the RMAC.

watching Thursday night football, thinking of the most disrespectful way to dominate an opponent.

I now have this fantasy of us not attempting a single pass. We beat you without even using our Heisman QB.

Inside runs, pitches to Dylan, jet sweeps to our WRs. Hell, put Hunter back there and run the wildcat, or even let him throw some.

Larry Bird style, I’m saving my right hand for Oregon

watching Thursday night football, thinking of the most disrespectful way to dominate an opponent.

I now have this fantasy of us not attempting a single pass. We beat you without even using our Heisman QB.

Inside runs, pitches to Dylan, jet sweeps to our WRs. Hell, put Hunter back there and run the wildcat, or even let him throw some.

Larry Bird style, I’m saving my right hand for Oregon
Jace Feeley at QB, Mata at RB, Bishop at FB and run triple option

Jay Norvell’s comment did one thing, it actually got the media to mention CSU. For the past several days it has been all CU and Deion. No real mention of the opponent for a football game that is getting national media attention.

He may have poked the bear, but he finally has CSU’s name alongside CU.

There’s also a chance that some CSU players may get hyped by their coach throwing shade.

Jay Norvell’s comment did one thing, it actually got the media to mention CSU. For the past several days it has been all CU and Deion. No real mention of the opponent for a football game that is getting national media attention.

He may have poked the bear, but he finally has CSU’s name alongside CU.

There’s also a chance that some CSU players may get hyped by their coach throwing shade.
Yup. I think it was smart by Norvell. Prime will find whatever to motivate the team, but this can help pump up CSU. Also leans into the rivalry.

Good stuff I think.

"
Just my take on the game.
First of all, I absolutely suck at handicapping these things but 23 seems awful high. I really think it will be closer than that.

I have not watched much CU FB this year since Fox has been blocked on DirecTV, but I was able to stay awake through a good chunk of the CU/Nebraska replay I found. CU looks good, but not near as good as Nebraska looks bad and I have watched both of their games. CU/TCU highlights? Same story. I'm not trying to say CU sucks or anything, but they're making some hay off of some overrated teams so far IMO.

CSU? Yeah, I've watched the WSU game a few times. I saw a lot of potential just not being addressed. If all of this rebuilding, the team bonding and getting comfortable in the system, and being more talented is just BS, then JN is a grifter and needs to be gone. I don't think at all that that is the case though. WSU was a coaching and QB issue. The D was not prepared for that offense. Somehow all of us, and apparently our coaches thought that we ran similar offenses, and they were wrong. On our side, we were afraid to have an offense. There is no way those players put in all that time and effort and the best they could come up with is that outing against WSU. I believe we're a much better team than that. You build a team and a program and then you don't know what you missed until game one. Now they know, and they've had two weeks to address it. I do believe that we're a better team than last year, and much better than what we saw on opening day.

I wouldn't put money on CSU winning, but I do expect it to be more in the 14 - 16 point range in a loss. I also believe that the team has to be pissed about WSU, excited about CU, and will do all they can to make it a dogfight. Also, if there weren't upsets, then the term upset wouldn't exist in the sports lexicon. I'm not predicting an upset, but I think it's silly to rule one out. If these guys want it bad enough, and the coaches allow them to go get it, then I think it's definitely on the table.

It doesn't matter what we think. If these guys really believe they will win, there's a great chance that they will. I wish I could go all in on that belief. I really hope that the team has though. We have good players, and (I think) good coaches. Let's see what they were able to clean up."

Better than Shane Gillis stand up over there.
Not sure if serious. This a long post to be sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back