What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU going bankrupt? lolno

Lightrail projects ALWAYS go over budget.

WRONG!!!!

The 1st piece of denver light rail was not over budget. (t-rex). Salt Lake City light rail was under budget, Portland's eastside and westside line were both at the budget, and Dallas has some lines extensions that are under budgets.

I think Gasm finally left with his tail between his legs. Csquared is cool and understands the stakes that are in play

WRONG!!!!

The 1st piece of denver light rail was not over budget. (t-rex). Salt Lake City light rail was under budget, Portland's eastside and westside line were both at the budget, and Dallas has some lines extensions that are under budgets.

Most of the overruns on the budget in Denver can be directly related to additional cost created by the opponents of light rail fighting it every step of the way. Had they been able to build on schedule they would be much further along and much closer to the budget that was proposed.

And completely different that the CSU consultant reports, ridership on light rail in Denver has been much higher than the origional projections.

I think Gasm finally left with his tail between his legs. Csquared is cool and understands the stakes that are in play

At the end of the day CSU just needs to decide what it wants to look like in the next 20 years. Is it a borderline AAU institution with a committment to athletics to match? If not, then people like MNBuff are right and CSU should close up shop on the athletics front. However, if CSU is willing to take the risk, make serious structural investments, and continue to grow, then all of the CSU alumni need to get on board and support the cause.

There are no guarantees. However, there are also not alot of universities left outside the current BCS conference structure that offer the academic profile, student/alumni population, and proximity to a major metropolitan area like CSU currently does. This is about how current leaders want CSU to look in years 21 and 22, not years 1 and 2. If the University is willing to go all in to try and make that vision a reality, I will do all I can to support it every step of the way.

Last edited:
The Boulder/Longmont line cost was ballooned primarily because of of the rail-lines. I think RTD thought they could get the shared usage on the heavy rail tracks for $500MM.... turns out the railroads wanted something like $2BB

The Boulder/Longmont line cost was ballooned primarily because of of the rail-lines. I think RTD thought they could get the shared usage on the heavy rail tracks for $500MM.... turns out the railroads wanted something like $2BB
**** that, put it on 36/foothills. Any added cost would be far cheaper than that nonsense.

**** that, put it on 36/foothills. Any added cost would be far cheaper than that nonsense.

it makes me wonder if they even studied an alternative of running the lines next to the highway and what that cost different would look like.

it makes me wonder if they even studied an alternative of running the lines next to the highway and what that cost different would look like.

Agreed - they are already going to spend to extend the HOV lane

At the end of the day CSU just needs to decide what it wants to look like in the next 20 years. Is it a borderline AAU institution with a committment to athletics to match? If not, then people like MNBuff are right and CSU should close up shop on the athletics front. However, if CSU is willing to take the risk, make serious structural investments, and continue to grow, then all of the CSU alumni need to get on board and support the cause.

There are no guarantees. However, there are also not alot of universities left outside the current BCS conference structure that offer the academic profile, student/alumni population, and proximity to a major metropolitan area like CSU currently does. This is about how current leaders want CSU to look in years 21 and 22, not years 1 and 2. If the University is willing to go all in to try and make that vision a reality, I will do all I can to support it every step of the way.

You sure you went to CSU? That seemed a little too well reasoned.

Bingo...It has nothing to do with people fighting the light rail.

The best part is it isnt light rail. This will be a heavy diesel commuter rail

Which is also retarded. A light rail line down 36, stopping at Sheridan, Butterfly Pavilions, Broomfield Event Center, Interlocken, Flatirons, McCaslin, Table Mesa, Folsom, and 28th St would rock.

You sure you went to CSU? That seemed a little too well reasoned.

Most CSU folks I've met are pretty cool. Not much different from CU folks.

What makes C2 an anomaly is that the average CSU online fan is at a level of dumbassedness that makes even the biggest AB idots pity them.

Which is also retarded. A light rail line down 36, stopping at Sheridan, Butterfly Pavilions, Broomfield Event Center, Interlocken, Flatirons, McCaslin, Table Mesa, Folsom, and 28th St would rock.

Are you implying following the B bus line route (with some minor changes)? Stop making sense.:wink2:

Most CSU folks I've met are pretty cool. Not much different from CU folks.

What makes C2 an anomaly is that the average CSU online fan is at a level of dumbassedness that makes even the biggest AB idots pity them.

Its the problems with message boards generally. People are willing to act in ways and say things they would never do or say in public; and over what? College sports?

This stuff doesn't define who any of us are in our lives or careers. Its a hobby for crying out loud I never understand why some make it so personal and attach such a sense of self aggrandizment to it. That goes for both CSU and CU fans alike. The fact that I cheer for CSU on Saturdays isn't going to make me any more or less of a husband (when I get married in December!) and it doesn't make me any more or less of a lawyer in my daily life. Basically, both CSU and CU fans share many of the same interests and feel like I do - lucky as hell to live in this incredible state that provides all of us with a lifestyle most people only dream of having.

Alright stepping off the soap box.

Last edited:
Its the problems with message boards generally. People are willing to act in ways and say things they would never do or say in public; and over what? College sports?

This stuff doesn't define who any of us are in our lives or careers. Its a hobby for crying out loud I never understand why some make it so personal and attach such a sense of self aggrandizment to it. That goes for both CSU and CU fans alike. The fact that I cheer for CSU on Saturdays isn't going to make me any more or less of a husband (when I get married in December!) and it doesn't make me any more or less of a lawyer in my daily life. Basically, both CSU and CU fans share many of the same interests and feel like I do - lucky as hell to live in this incredible state that provides all of us with a lifestyle most people only dream of having.

Alright stepping off the soap box.

Amen, and well said.

Also, it doesn't make your wife any more or less of a sheep. Well, maybe a little more.

Oh stop, I'm kidding. Good luck with that whole matrimony thing.

i hate it when people introduce reason and civility into a thread like this! :rofl:

Naming rights? The epic RMS can only scare up Cinch Jeans as a sponsor, and that is with big brother propping the goat herd up, who are you going to get on your own hook? I can see it now, Avogadro's Number Field....

chicosstadium.jpg

Have any of you guys heard this new slogan that CSU fans have been saying?

"We are Colorado State and here we come!"

Funny stuff

Have any of you guys heard this new slogan that CSU fans have been saying?

"We are Colorado State and here we come!"

Funny stuff

But, but, but...
They aren't even invited!

The thing is, CSU is not alone. SDSU, UNLV, UNM, Hawaii, Fresno, Houston, Nevada, UTEP, etc all are in the same boat. None of them want to be left behind. They all think they're going to get a seat on the bus. Problem is, the only two conferences where they could conceivably go to are not interested in the least.

The thing is, CSU is not alone. SDSU, UNLV, UNM, Hawaii, Fresno, Houston, Nevada, UTEP, etc all are in the same boat. None of them want to be left behind. They all think they're going to get a seat on the bus. Problem is, the only two conferences where they could conceivably go to are not interested in the least.

Even if the two conferences did decide to expand and each expanded to 16 how many of the teams you listed would CSU go in front of. Add to this list BYU, Tulsa, Rice, and even some of the C-USA teams who would at least contend for Big XII spots. If the final ends up at 5 conferences of 16 teams which I bigger than I think it will then you have teams from the Big East and the ACC fighting it out for spots in the fifth conference and some of those left out. Remember that one spot will be filled by Notre Dame someplace. I don't think it ends up as 5 of 16 each. I don't think the PAC wants 16 and I don't think the Big 10 wants 16.

No matter how you look at it a number of MWC schools are on the outside looking in and from a revenue production standpoint which in the end is what it is all about CSU and Wyoming are at the end of the line. By the time they get to the table the gravy will already be gone.

Back