What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Arizona State Thread (11/4, 7PM on Pac-12 Network)

Was Moeller's injury the catalyst for their run game? Seemed like we started giving it up big on the ground after he went out.

I think Lynott's injury played into that. Did he return to the game?

A few drops, a few injuries. Should have won that game.

I hope Lynott, Oliver and Moeller return soon.

At this point every team has injuries. That frosh that broke the big play was a true frosh. Coaches recruit. If we don't have decent backups at this point that is squarely on the coaching staff.

Without a doubt he is giving it his all.....in the current scheme his is over his head
Maybe the DC should come up with something to complement the players he has

Was Moeller's injury the catalyst for their run game? Seemed like we started giving it up big on the ground after he went out.
I think not having moeller was part of it. We might have had another stop or two with him. But the DL and LBs were starting to get tired and dispirited as well.

Gross. That 16 yard run where no one could tackle will be on the highlight reel for a while. Just awful defense.

Shouldn't have had that kind of impact, but Moeller was playing well tonight and we definitely missed him.

On the offensive side, the OL went to hell when Lynott got hurt.

Barnett called the team fragile, can’t really disagree. I think there are personnel issues for sure, and people tend to blame the coaches too much. Tonight tho, we got out-coached by Todd Graham. I don’t have any interest in defending MM tonight.

I’m so damn tired of all the NFL mentality in college OCs these days. A 2-3 yard run isn’t considered efficient by yards-per-play standards, but sometimes you need to run the ****ing ball even if it only gets you 2-3 yards. College QBs with college OLs need to put in reasonable situations to succeed. The playbook is still open, probably moreso, on a 2nd and 7. But we get stuck in so many 3rd and longs where Montez doesn’t have time or gets spooked before guys can make it past the sticks. So frustrating.

The pacing in the second half was bizarre. Our wanted to play at a frantic pace while ASU actually slowed the game down. For awhile, I actually thought ASU was doing us a favor by burning clock.

At this point every team has injuries. That frosh that broke the big play was a true frosh. Coaches recruit. If we don't have decent backups at this point that is squarely on the coaching staff.

Yep. Failure to recruit OL and WR's that can catch bit us badly tonight. Failure to recruit LB's and DL's has bit us badly all season.

Calling passes instead of runs to Lindsay on 1st down when leading by 10 were a head scratcher for me. Especially when considering that our pass protection was not holding up well. I don't know why Lindgren didn't make any adjustment there.

This is awesome. I really believed we could be this good which is why I have been so critical of this team and staff.

Oh well. Let's run the table to finish the year and win a bowl game!
This post is a perfect illustration of why I try to avoid posting during games..,

Something I wonder about. MacIntyre was really upset going into half about the rush lanes and how many yards Wilkens was getting on scrambles. He said the focus was on getting that fixed.

Maybe he shouldn't have fixed it?

I mean, we know we have some holes and can't dominate opponents by playing it straight. Could be that the risks they were taking by shooting gaps was what was shutting down ASU's run game and causing pressure, even though it also resulted in some bad breakdowns when Wilkens extended plays. I'm thinking they should have lived with the issues from getting away from textbook fundamentals.

You aren’t dead yet? **** me.
lol. I love how people here always respond to criticisms of egregiously bad coaching with personal threats and "I wish you were dead". it literally amuses the **** out of me.

Also now do you guys see why I was complaining about the horrible coaching decisions at end of first half? I knew it was going to cost us the game. "bu-bu-but we still have the lead, there is no possible reason to be unrelentingly positive" (people at end of first half) XD

Outside the drops I thought the offense looked really good. D looked good in first half.

Back