What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Arizona State Thread (11/4, 7PM on Pac-12 Network)

People guarantee we beat USC? Lol this mentally weak group? ASU had 300+ yards on the ground. Ron Jones will change our religion next week. He might get 400 yards.

People guarantee we beat USC? Lol this mentally weak group? ASU had 300+ yards on the ground. Ron Jones will change our religion next week. He might get 400 yards.
I guarantee it mo fo! Oh ye of little faith.

So I missed the fourth and part of the third cause the wife and I went to see Thor: Ragnarok for a date.

I was shocked when I checked the score after the movie.
MHOW IN THE WORLD can you let the other team score three TD’s in the fourth quarter?

What exactly happened?

This team will go 5-7 this year. Can’t beat USC and playing in Utah is too tough for this weak minded group.

Love my buffs forever, but they don’t know how to win. And DJ ELIOT sucks hind tit.

The offense had 8 drives of less then 2 minutes last night and Half of those took less than a minute. The end of the 1st half clock management was horrible no need to be in a hurry from the half yard line with a minute to go bleed more clock graham wasn't going to call timeout until they stuffed montez on 1st down. Just not a good night by the coaching staff and the lack of depth on defense shows big time in the front 7.

So I missed the fourth and part of the third cause the wife and I went to see Thor: Ragnarok for a date.

I was shocked when I checked the score after the movie.
MHOW IN THE WORLD can you let the other team score three TD’s in the fourth quarter?

What exactly happened?

This team will go 5-7 this year. Can’t beat USC and playing in Utah is too tough for this weak minded group.

Love my buffs forever, but they don’t know how to win. And DJ ELIOT sucks hind tit.
Thor:Ragnarok is awesome! The Buffs, not so much. So, we were going all Hela on ASU. We’d crushed their hammer. They had nothing. Their fans were about to flea. We were going to destroy Tempe. But then ASU got its hammer back and kicked Hela’s ass.

Thor:Ragnarok is awesome! The Buffs, not so much. So, we were going all Hela on ASU. We’d crushed their hammer. They had nothing. Their fans were about to flea. We were going to destroy Tempe. But then ASU got its hammer back and kicked Hela’s ass.

Well played!

Arizona’s receiver’s made spectacular catches. Our receivers had spectacular drops. That shows me the mentality of some of our players.

Arizona’s receiver’s made spectacular catches. Our receivers had spectacular drops. That shows me the mentality of some of our players.
Sometimes it's like dropping passes becomes contagious. We had more than one doing it. Bobo seems to more sure handed than anybody else we have.

Dropping passes is not contagious. It's not a disease, it's a lack of focus. Which is evident when certain players think they are in the NFL already before their senior season starts. That's on the players. But not doing anything about it, such as benching them or giving more playing time to other receivers, that's on the coaches.

Unless you are Mac, of course. In which everything negative is 100% the fault of the players and the coaches are perfect. I can imagine him foaming at the mouth "those dern players! how dey give up 24 points in the 4th quarter and only score 3?! I did everything right! why dey always do this to me!!!"

Dropping passes is not contagious. It's not a disease, it's a lack of focus. Which is evident when certain players think they are in the NFL already before their senior season starts. That's on the players. But not doing anything about it, such as benching them or giving more playing time to other receivers, that's on the coaches.

Unless you are Mac, of course. In which everything negative is 100% the fault of the players and the coaches are perfect. I can imagine him foaming at the mouth "those dern players! how dey give up 24 points in the 4th quarter and only score 3?! I did everything right! why dey always do this to me!!!"
Wow, that's an opinion. I know it's not contagious but it does seem to spread once it starts happening. Probably because guys tense up and think too much. Seen it happen many a time.

I get being mad about the drops. But the lack of adjustments in the second half is ridiculous. First half drops are useless to dwell on once you go up by 10 in the second half. Shorten the game and get out with a win. Instead, we actually seemed intent on making the game much longer, even after it became clear our defense was hanging on by a thread.

Your best player is a RB built for situations like this one. Run. The. ****ing. Ball.

Dropping Demario Richard onto a gassed Buff defense late in the game was effective to say the least. I still think we get to 6 wins.

...Unless you are Mac, of course. In which everything negative is 100% the fault of the players and the coaches are perfect. I can imagine him foaming at the mouth "those dern players! how dey give up 24 points in the 4th quarter and only score 3?! I did everything right! why dey always do this to me!!!"
Don’t agree it’s this severe, but I do have a little problem at times with MM’s tendency to say “they” in postgame press conferences. He mixes it up with “we”, but why is it ever “they”? Emphasizing both his responsibility and role as part of the team, it should always be “we.” I don’t recall many cases of head coaches using “they” instead of “we,” that’s why it stands out when he says it. You can say “we dropped a lot of passes we should have caught,” then call out individuals for their failure, but don’t say “they” as if you’re talking about some other team.

Last edited:
...I still think we get to 6 wins.
With only USC and @ Utah left, you can’t really say we’ll pick up another win somewhere along the way, you’ve got to suggest how it’s going to happen. Because ASU was the best option and it’s gone. Could happen of course, just looking sort of dismal given the final 2 games.

Dropping Demario Richard onto a gassed Buff defense late in the game was effective to say the least. I still think we get to 6 wins.
Well it isn't going to be SC, they are likely to roll the Buffs. Utah, I haven't watched them much so I have no idea.

i think we're done now. but, i hope i'm wrong. that was the third loss we've taken this season where i felt like we should have gotten out with a win. yeah, i didn't love the play calling in the 2nd half when we are trying to preserve a lead, but there is a bigger reason we've been on the wrong side of at least 3 tossup games.

i'd dance and dance the happy dance if the guys find a way to beat usc. i am not holding my breath.

With only USC and @ Utah left, you can’t really say we’ll pick up another win somewhere along the way, you’ve got to suggest how it’s going to happen. Because ASU was the best option and it’s gone. Could happen of course, just looking sort of dismal given the final 2 games.
ASU smoked Utah on the road so I wouldn't say they were necessarily the best option.

ASU smoked Utah on the road so I wouldn't say they were necessarily the best option.
It’s true there’s been a lot of inconsistency throughout the conference, so no expectation is conclusive. Maybe that game depends on how badly Utah needs it.

The Pac 12 is a week to week league, as we’ve seen over and over. SC is a clear mismatch of talent, but I’ll never count the Buffs out of a game being played on Senior night at home. Utah is not that good of a team. I’ve been saying it all year, but all I keep hearing about is their front 7. Ok, well, the team will have two full weeks to rest and prepare for their Super Bowl. Utah is a completely winnable game.

Gonna be tough but it's not impossible. These guys need to make up their mind to reach that goal or bust ass trying. Only answer that makes sense to me.

I agree with duff 10 pt lead in 4th, lindgren is throwing the ball 3 straight times in hurry mode? Hell he ran the ball when cu was behind all night to arizona.

Who's in charge of the wr rotation chev? If so, he has to see what everyone else does. Play shenault.

As for the defense, until they get recruits and not projects on the DL, they will struggle.

FPI says 38 percent chance of win at Utah.

Back