What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

The thing is, it's a done deal.

Our situation is:

Rick George, Karl Dorrell, Chris Wilson and Mike Sanford will all be in their jobs for the next 2 years, minimum.

That's reality.

I really wanted a creative, run-based offense. That's not what we got. I'm disappointed, but want to give it a chance. It's hard.
nah you were right the other day... Today was the day that hope truly died.

200.gif

The thing is, it's a done deal.

Our situation is:

Rick George, Karl Dorrell, Chris Wilson and Mike Sanford will all be in their jobs for the next 2 years, minimum.

That's reality.

I really wanted a creative, run-based offense. That's not what we got. I'm disappointed, but want to give it a chance. It's hard.
I’m not a fan of “for the next 2 years, minimum.” If KD goes like 2-10, which I don’t think is a stretch of the imagination, I don’t see how we can go into 2023 with any kind of hope. That has lame duck written all over it. I sincerely hope that we do well next year, but a uncompetitive 2022 season HAS to have consequences.

I’m not a fan of “for the next 2 years, minimum.” If KD goes like 2-10, which I don’t think is a stretch of the imagination, I don’t see how we can go into 2023 with any kind of hope. That has lame duck written all over it. I sincerely hope that we do well next year, but a uncompetitive 2022 season HAS to have consequences.
Not unless the new President installs a Chancellor who cares more about brand equity than the political appearance of football spending.

The people distraught because we didn’t get Pitt’s WR coach are pretty comical.
For me it’s not about not getting Marion, it’s about not getting an Identity innovative offense like Kent State RPO, Air Raid, Wake Forest RPO.
I will have to research more on Sanford but looks to me like he runs Power Spread. Every mediocre team in the country runs Power Spread. That O is not going to help overcome our QB and OL shortcomings it’s going to exacerbate them.

More than the company has ever paid a CEO in it's existence. $3.2 million a year but not sure why that matters. It's your career and your own company on the line.
If my CEO salary is fully guaranteed no matter if I get fired or the company sucks and I'm 58* years old then I don't care which candidate I hire. That's KD's mindset 🙃

*He actually turns 59 tomorrow, great gift KD!

Last edited:
This all but guarantees Marion is going to be one of the hottest HC names in the country in the next 3 years after leading multiple top 10 offenses right?

And CU will be hamstrung by the absolutely insane contract RG probably just gave Sanford so we're stuck with an OC/QB coach we can't buyout

Last edited:
If my CEO salary is fully guaranteed no matter if I get fired or the company sucks and I'm 58 years old then I don't care which candidate I hire. That's KD's mindset 🙃
Actually, fully funded Executives care more about results than dollars, they already have the financial stability.
However, there are those who try to sell what they think to others, knowing damn well they are incompetent and in over their head. Dorrell fits this. He said yesterday he makes great hires... like Rod Sled, DC Wilson, this new yo yo... all lethargic, incompetent coaches.
I expect the rest of the talent to hit the portal over the next 7 days. Even the players know this is a dumpster fire hire

Back