What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching Discussion

I did just read that HCMM's name being thrown around to be next HC at ole miss.

7. What’s next at Ole Miss?
"This is tricky to determine, as so much will be dictated by the amount of NCAA sanctions. Will athletic director Ross Bjork be around to make the hire? What will be the scholarship reductions and bowl restrictions the new coach needs to contend with?
Look for an established Power Five coach like Colorado’s Mike MacIntyre to end up here".

I did just read that HCMM's name being thrown around to be next HC at ole miss.

7. What’s next at Ole Miss?
"This is tricky to determine, as so much will be dictated by the amount of NCAA sanctions. Will athletic director Ross Bjork be around to make the hire? What will be the scholarship reductions and bowl restrictions the new coach needs to contend with?
Look for an established Power Five coach like Colorado’s Mike MacIntyre to end up here".
Pretty sure he's not getting hired anywhere if he misses a bowl game this year. So making a bowl should make everyone on this site happy for one reason or another.

If Adams is who meets with the offense, it sure seems to be working. OL play has been better in the 2d half almost every game.
I wish he could get out in front of it sooner. First couple games of the year, I understand, but once there's film on defenses and their capabilities and tendencies, one should be able to predict at least some of the things they're going to try against us.

Not to mention that it is possible to make some adjustments between series. Get the line offense together, "here's what they did, here's how we stop it next time they try."

It's not written on stone sent down from the flatirons by Bill McCartney that adjustments can only be made at halftime.

I wish he could get out in front of it sooner. First couple games of the year, I understand, but once there's film on defenses and their capabilities and tendencies, one should be able to predict at least some of the things they're going to try against us.

Not to mention that it is possible to make some adjustments between series. Get the line offense together, "here's what they did, here's how we stop it next time they try."

It's not written on stone sent down from the flatirons that adjustments can only be made at halftime.
Agreed, although it seems like they've sped it up. Offense against OSU was trying to pass and getting destroyed. Arizona too. Both game plans changed in the 2d quarter. HCMM blamed zona on Tate, but maybe that triggered a change.

It's not written on stone sent down from the flatirons by Bill McCartney that adjustments can only be made at halftime.
That is definitely happening. If we look hard for a silver lining on the defense not getting off the field it's that the offense has plenty of time to make adjustments and plan the next drive. :whistle:

Our D getting some stops has to happen, also on the O to sustain drives, no three and out bull**** or turnovers either. Also D get as many turnovers as you can, that's doable for a struggling group. O make them pay if we get some and maybe we can just do this, gonna be tough though.

I think our D will be OK vs the run tonight if the conditions are a little wet. If WSU wins this it will be by them doing what they do; throwing crazy yards. I think Marrow is great RB, but can’t see them transforming to a running team in one week. The RPO has killed us, but can’t see WSU even putting in an RPO package in this time.

If there is a 20mph wind, throwing crazy yards might be tough. So I could see our big upset of the year coming tonight. Hope we don’t coug it.

Then our opinions differ. I see MacIntyre as a guy who goes after low hanging fruit - I have seen the excuses on these boards for years. He needs his type of guys, we cannot recruit because of our record so we need under the radar guys we can develop, etc. I am just not buying it. We seemed to get a bump because of Chiaverini who worked a lot of his recruiting connection from Texas Tech. Recruiting a talented player is a lot of work - you have to get in on them early and keep the lines of communications open and build their interest. CU seems to give up on players that are being recruited by the top programs. We won the PAC12 South last year for cripes sake - that should give us a nice story to tell this year.

I see the same attitude towards hiring assistant coaches. Most of the guys hired have few options - out of work or soon to be out of work. Eliot had defensive play calling taken away from him at Kentucky and it was known he was on the way out there - so CU gave him a big raise and a multi-year contract. To me that is questionable but seems to be how MacIntyre approaches hiring.

Don't forget that his first choice (Peter Sirmon) for DC LY got resigned at Mississippi State last year too

I think it's called "Elioting" it when the Buffaloes do it. You bring up some good points, but at the same time, DJ Eliot

Haha...

Andy: No. I really Schruted it.
Michael Scott: What?
Andy: Schruted it. It’s just this thing people say around your office all the time. Like when you screw something up in a really irreversable way, you Schruted it. I don’t know where it comes from though. You think it came from Dwight Schrute?

Just a heads up Levitt’s ducks with a bunch of four stars just gave up more points to FUCLA than Elliott’s Buffs. Why don’t we STFU and support the guy. Give him time

DJ Eliot might just be the best DC in the country, for all we know. If you don't think so, you must not be a CU fan. Why don't you support the team?

- DJ Eliot

Just a heads up Levitt’s ducks with a bunch of four stars just gave up more points to FUCLA than Elliott’s Buffs. Why don’t we STFU and support the guy. Give him time

Leavitt probably recruited most of "Eliot's Buffs".......

Leavitt probably recruited most of "Eliot's Buffs".......

Your not going to pretend the Levitt was a great recruiter are you? That would be stupid. And please tell me that you don’t think that CU has out recruited Oregon over the last 4 years. That would be really stupid. I’m mean really stupid.

Your not going to pretend the Levitt was a great recruiter are you? That would be stupid. And please tell me that you don’t think that CU has out recruited Oregon over the last 4 years. That would be really stupid. I’m mean really stupid.

So we get to blame him for one of the worst defensive front 7's in the Pac 12?

The people who think that Leavitt was responsible for last year's success?

You know, those people.

Logic is not their friend.

the ducks o without herbert and freeman is a 3 and out machine to be fair to pepsi man

The people who think that Leavitt was responsible for last year's success?

You know, those people.

Logic is not their friend.
Yes, it is a guy who was here for less than 2 full years responsibility to stock our entire defensive roster. Not the responsibility of the guy who's been here for 5 years and.... oh yeah, is the head coach.....

talk about "logic is not their friend"....

Yes, it is a guy who was here for less than 2 full years responsibility to stock our entire defensive roster. Not the responsibility of the guy who's been here for 5 years and.... oh yeah, is the head coach.....

How many NFL draft picks did we have those first 4 years with an entire team of guys who were inherited from the previous 2 staffs going through the end of their time with the program?

who recruited TT, Awuzie, and friends? I honestly don't remember, but my recollection is that those recruits weren't MMs or his staffs.

who recruited TT, Awuzie, and friends? I honestly don't remember, but my recollection is that those recruits weren't MMs or his staffs.
Awuzie, Gillam, Tedric, Adkins and Olugdobe were the main guys brought in late in that class by MM and staff iirc.

Never said anything about him being a great recruiter.....did I? A lot of these kids were in the program prior to this year......and I think JL had a knack for getting the most out of the talent he had. Not seeing that from the goofball MacIntyre brought in to take over for him.

the QBs throwing the ball into the dirt is the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time.

I know you all think I'm dramatic but Mac leaving or getting fired is the best thing for CU. And this year.

He will only continue to recruit garbage which will only hold us back. Make the move now

I know you all think I'm dramatic but Mac leaving or getting fired is the best thing for CU. And this year.

He will only continue to recruit garbage which will only hold us back. Make the move now

If he doesn’t make some significant staff changes and close out recruiting well, I’m not far from joining your camp.

Back