What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

Considering what happened the last time Purdue hired from Kent St, I can’t imagine they’d go there again so soon

Lewis is not going to Purdue.

we are locking this **** down. Once the awesomeness starts coming again in waves, we will be losing assistants every year just like when Mac was here. It is quite clear Coach Prime has a network to replace guys who leave for promotions. worry later if you must.

Prayers for Mike Leach to have a successful recovery and I hope it's not too soon to post this, but I'm having this doom feeling and I need to be talked down. If the unfortunate illness of Mike Leach causes Mississippi State to need a new HC, are we at risk of them making a run @ Prime?

I came across this bizarre video. I don't know why HCPT would have anything to do with cheerleading.

Prayers for Mike Leach to have a successful recovery and I hope it's not too soon to post this, but I'm having this doom feeling and I need to be talked down. If the unfortunate illness of Mike Leach causes Mississippi State to need a new HC, are we at risk of them making a run @ Prime?
Only If they are willing to pay 20 millions buy out... And the answer would still be np.

New S&C coach confirmed.

The 1993 season was not one of the most remarkable seasons in Miami lore, as the Canes would finish that year 9-3, finishing 2nd in the Big East Conference and ending the season by getting trounced by Arizona 29-0 in the Fiesta Bowl. Miami did finish ranked 15th in the polls however, and like nearly every season under Dennis Erickson, the Canes were in the National Championship conversation at some point in the season (if not at the end). The lackluster finish to the season did not prevent Miami from having some memorable games in the process, the most notable being their midseason tussle with the Colorado Buffaloes.

For those of you not well versed with the college football landscape of the late 80’s and the 90’s, Colorado was a legitimate program, winning the national title in 1990 and finishing in the top 10 nearly every season between 1989-1996. They started the 1993 season with similar aspirations to the Canes, but had faltered early, dropping a tough 41-37 loss to Stanford the week before their matchup with Miami. Still, the Buffaloes boasted a dangerous offense, led by quarterback Kordell Stewart, wide receivers Michael Westbrook and Charles Johnson, tight end Christian Fauria, and future-Heisman winner Rashaan Salaam. The Canes also had a few recognizable faces on their 1993 squad, including all-time greats Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp, as well as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Miami arrived at Folsom Field ranked 3rd in the country, while Colorado was currently 13th. The Canes were unfazed by the hostile crowd, storming out to a 21-6 first-half lead behind the arm of quarterback Frank Costa and the legs of running back Donnell Bennett. Following a touchdown pass from Costa to receiver C. T. Jones near the end of the second quarter, a bench-clearing brawl ensued between the two squads. Canes special-teamer Antonio Coley was blocked to the ground despite the kickoff going out of the back of the endzone for a touchback, and from there nearly every single player on both teams was involved in fisticuffs. If you want to relive the brawl, it starts at the 1:13:00 mark in the video below. There’s an awesome shot of The Rock walking away from the fight (a little foreshadowing?), and there’s plenty of individual players just diving into larger groups to restart the fight as soon as you think it’s coming to a close. Just riveting stuff. Don’t let anyone pin this fight solely on the Canes either, as you can see plenty of Colorado players instigating skirmishes in this video.

The 1993 season was not one of the most remarkable seasons in Miami lore, as the Canes would finish that year 9-3, finishing 2nd in the Big East Conference and ending the season by getting trounced by Arizona 29-0 in the Fiesta Bowl. Miami did finish ranked 15th in the polls however, and like nearly every season under Dennis Erickson, the Canes were in the National Championship conversation at some point in the season (if not at the end). The lackluster finish to the season did not prevent Miami from having some memorable games in the process, the most notable being their midseason tussle with the Colorado Buffaloes.

For those of you not well versed with the college football landscape of the late 80’s and the 90’s, Colorado was a legitimate program, winning the national title in 1990 and finishing in the top 10 nearly every season between 1989-1996. They started the 1993 season with similar aspirations to the Canes, but had faltered early, dropping a tough 41-37 loss to Stanford the week before their matchup with Miami. Still, the Buffaloes boasted a dangerous offense, led by quarterback Kordell Stewart, wide receivers Michael Westbrook and Charles Johnson, tight end Christian Fauria, and future-Heisman winner Rashaan Salaam. The Canes also had a few recognizable faces on their 1993 squad, including all-time greats Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp, as well as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Miami arrived at Folsom Field ranked 3rd in the country, while Colorado was currently 13th. The Canes were unfazed by the hostile crowd, storming out to a 21-6 first-half lead behind the arm of quarterback Frank Costa and the legs of running back Donnell Bennett. Following a touchdown pass from Costa to receiver C. T. Jones near the end of the second quarter, a bench-clearing brawl ensued between the two squads. Canes special-teamer Antonio Coley was blocked to the ground despite the kickoff going out of the back of the endzone for a touchback, and from there nearly every single player on both teams was involved in fisticuffs. If you want to relive the brawl, it starts at the 1:13:00 mark in the video below. There’s an awesome shot of The Rock walking away from the fight (a little foreshadowing?), and there’s plenty of individual players just diving into larger groups to restart the fight as soon as you think it’s coming to a close. Just riveting stuff. Don’t let anyone pin this fight solely on the Canes either, as you can see plenty of Colorado players instigating skirmishes in this video.
My recollection of that game is well entrenched in my brain. I was sitting in the senior section around the south 40 yard line. I saw the tussle start near the CU sideline and turned to my buddy to point it out. As I retuned my attention to players grouped near the south 20 yd line, I see a Westbrook come streaking in, jumping on top of the group with a flying tomahawk chop coming down in the middle of the pile. The Miami bench cleared and the rest of the CU bench enter the fray. And it was on.

about 15 years ago, I was at the 4 Seasons in Mexico City in the lobby waiting for my wife to come down, and there in the lobby with me was Dwaine “The Rock” Johnson. It took all I had to not introduce myself and start a conversation about melé at Folsom Field in 1993. #coolstorybro

My recollection of that game is well entrenched in my brain. I was sitting in the senior section around the south 40 yard line. I saw the tussle start near the CU sideline and turned to my buddy to point it out. As I retuned my attention to players grouped near the south 20 yd line, I see a Westbrook come streaking in, jumping on top of the group with a flying tomahawk chop coming down in the middle of the pile. The Miami bench cleared and the rest of the CU bench enter the fray. And it was on.

about 15 years ago, I was at the 4 Seasons in Mexico City in the lobby waiting for my wife to come down, and there in the lobby with me was Dwaine “The Rock” Johnson. It took all I had to not introduce myself and start a conversation about melé at Folsom Field in 1993. #coolstorybro
Big East refs jobbed us big time in that game. I used to work the gates for free tickets back then and I was in the south endzone by one of the tunnels getting ready to work halftime when that fight broke out. Good times!

I don't see how MSU doesn't give Zach Arnett some sort of trial run-their former AD (John Cohen) is now at Auburn. He likely gets a Luke Fickell-tOSU 2011 type deal or a multi-year contract MSU can get out of if easily if they have to. He's been running their program this week, and he's coaching their bowl game.

I could see MSU trying to hire......Bartolone (for example) as an assistant though.

Last edited:
Why do you say that? Do you even know what his job entailed? You do understand he had an administrative position, not recruiting nor coaching.

Are you about to tell me the person directly responsible for the connection between our beloved football program and the administration, did a good job, when he presided over the worst stretch of competitive athletics in university history.

Are you about to tell me the person directly responsible for the connection between our beloved football program and the administration, did a good job, when he presided over the worst stretch of competitive athletics in university history.
That isn't his job. Director of operations takes care of logistics, camps, travel, etc. You know operations.

Back