What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

UNM makes sense as a non-football member. R1, flagship, geography, history with some current members. We'd love it for hoops and The Pit as a venue. But football is sad, population is less that Nebraska, and there's not much to recruit from their state prep ranks. Would be a strange take.
More Wilner talks the more obvious it is he doesn’t have any intel. I found it hilarious DiStefano talked to USA Today and not any of the P12 media to tell our story.

life  challenge suck it GIF

Wow. So I don't know whether to classify this as a slam on the P12 or on Oregon St., but the Packers just took Luke Musgrave (TE) from OSU in the 2nd round, and what does Rece Davis say?

"And now we have our first pick from a non-Power 5 conference."

😳

Wow. So I don't know whether to classify this as a slam on the P12 or on Oregon St., but the Packers just took Luke Musgrave (TE) from OSU in the 2nd round, and what does Rece Davis say?

"And now we have our first pick from a non-Power 5 conference."

😳
Why the hell are you watching on ESPN instead of the Klatt broadcast on NFL Network?

They're not expanding. They are **** canning nebraska and adding Colorado.:cool:
I know this is never going to happen but if somehow Colorado + the Fuskers could get added to the SEC it would make for a throwback B12 division:

SEC West
  1. Colorado
  2. Nebraska
  3. Texas
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Texas A&M
  6. Missouri
  7. Arkansas
  8. Mississippi
  9. Mississippi State
SEC East
  1. Alabama
  2. Auburn
  3. LSU
  4. Georgia
  5. Tennessee
  6. Kentucky
  7. South Carolina
  8. Florida
  9. Vanderbilt

There’s an Athletic article with the SDSU AD and he said this about the P12/B12:

“One or the other is going to happen,” athletic director John David Wicker says. “We’re excited for the opportunity, and we’ve done a lot of work to prepare for that.”

Why are we turning this into the most dramatic rose 🌹 ceremony ever? Let’s put a ring on it already.

My dad watched the Spring Game from Miami and detached from CU.

”How did you guys get ESPN to do that and you had Fowler and RG3?”

“I felt like I was watching an infomercial for CU.“

This got me thinking. What was ESPN up to? Im sure they see all the social media clicks. They see the recruting. Was this like a little ratings test for ESPN to factor i to heir bidding?
Maybe they were there as an SEC mission to evaluate possibility and worth.

We are a year away from bordering a SEC state in Oklahoma. That technically means CU could go to the B1G, Big 12, or SEC if they decide to leave the Pac. But given the CFP changes, what's the point of making that move if there is going to be an easier road in the P12 post USC & UCLA?

We are a year away from bordering a SEC state in Oklahoma. That technically means CU could go to the B1G, Big 12, or SEC if they decide to leave the Pac. But given the CFP changes, what's the point of making that move if there is going to be an easier road in the P12 post USC & UCLA?
$$$

Exposure RIGHT NOW is most important. Really feel like CU is on an audition so need to be easy to find.

I know this is never going to happen but if somehow Colorado + the Fuskers could get added to the SEC it would make for a throwback B12 division:

SEC West
  1. Colorado
  2. Nebraska
  3. Texas
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Texas A&M
  6. Missouri
  7. Arkansas
  8. Mississippi
  9. Mississippi State
SEC East
  1. Alabama
  2. Auburn
  3. LSU
  4. Georgia
  5. Tennessee
  6. Kentucky
  7. South Carolina
  8. Florida
  9. Vanderbilt

I actually would love this. If we are going to recruit at sec levels, might as well beat their asses in conference.

I'm really struggling to connect your first sentence to "that technically means..."

Exposure RIGHT NOW is most important. Really feel like CU is on an audition so need to be easy to find.

Even if the media rights deal is mostly streaming, it doesn't mean that the likes of ESPN, CBS, NBC, and Fox can't buy CU games that were slated to be on streaming platforms. Suppose P12 games on Amazon and they get good prices for any P12 game that were slated for streaming, you can expect the next media rights deal to bring in more dough.

Should be pretty good viewership numbers for Nubs-CU game and the September games this season.

Next year will be the first time since 1946 that we are not part of a conference that have resource rich programs such as OU, Texas, USC, and UCLA etc. CU starts winning again and makes the expanded CFP, the exposure will be there.

Coach Prime has already changed CU for the better especially with the transfer stuff with the admissions office. Now CU football just needs to win games.

I'm really struggling to connect your first sentence to "that technically means..."

Those conferences generally have basic rules for expansion where any school that wants to join must border a current member of the conference. The B1G's addition of the LA schools were an exception to that rule and that is something that the other conferences would have done so if they had the money and wanted to do so. The Big 12 hasn't done that lately for obvious reasons but most of the time conferences will follow that geographical rule for expansion.

That SEC scenario certainly can give CU leverage when it comes to internal Pac-12 matters. It won't be a surprise if CU was the school pushing the Four Corner schools to Big 12 scenario to push back against Oregon & Washington when it comes to revenue sharing in the next media rights deal given that the B1G just slammed its expansion window shut until their upcoming media rights deal expires in 2030 or something like that.

What's hard to predict is whether more value will come from expanding footprint or from adding prestige programs within existing footprint. Is Florida State more valuable to the SEC than Colorado? I don't think we have the answer to that.

Those conferences generally have basic rules for expansion where any school that wants to join must border a current member of the conference. The B1G's addition of the LA schools were an exception to that rule and that is something that the other conferences would have done so if they had the money and wanted to do so. The Big 12 hasn't done that lately for obvious reasons but most of the time conferences will follow that geographical rule for expansion.

That SEC scenario certainly can give CU leverage when it comes to internal Pac-12 matters. It won't be a surprise if CU was the school pushing the Four Corner schools to Big 12 scenario to push back against Oregon & Washington when it comes to revenue sharing in the next media rights deal given that the B1G just slammed its expansion window shut until their upcoming media rights deal expires in 2030 or something like that.
No.

I guess Pennsylvania borders, but jeez... the BIGs addition of Rutgers and Maryland a decade ago...

And the XIIs addition of WVU...

You're point is not making sense to me

We ain't hard to find.
People are really freaked out about Apple. A small little startup trying to make a name for itself. They only made $400B in revenue and $100B in earnings last year. Hope they make it!

In all seriousness, people should come to grips that we will be on Apple and they want Colorado more than anyone. As does everyone else.

We will be shamelessly promoted on every device they own. Deion in CU gear will be in every promo image, on every phone, everywhere.

So, what’s the Apple-phobia about? Are people worried about having to click on an app? Worried about a bar not having it? Worried it’s not on basic cable?

Amazon bought TNF. Now everyone is used to Amazon. Apple is going to use that exact same model. And they’re going to use Colorado as the bait to get people to check it out.

I say bring it. Let’s innovate with the wealthiest company in human existence.

What's hard to predict is whether more value will come from expanding footprint or from adding prestige programs within existing footprint. Is Florida State more valuable to the SEC than Colorado? I don't think we have the answer to that.

I agree that would be a push at this point. I'd say that North Carolina & Virigina is most likely next on the SEC's radar given the population and recruiting that those states offer and they will get into the SEC before CU.

If UNC & UVA were to be added, the SEC would have the same number of AAU schools as the Pac-12 after USC & UCLA bolted for the B1G. That might not matter the next time expansion is on top of the agenda but it's just worth noting.

People are really freaked out about Apple. A small little startup trying to make a name for itself. They only made $400B in revenue and $100B in earnings last year. Hope they make it!

In all seriousness, people should come to grips that we will be on Apple and they want Colorado more than anyone. As does everyone else.

We will be shamelessly promoted on every device they own. Deion in CU gear will be in every promo image, on every phone, everywhere.

So, what’s the Apple-phobia about? Are people worried about having to click on an app? Worried about a bar not having it? Worried it’s not on basic cable?

Amazon bought TNF. Now everyone is used to Amazon. Apple is going to use that exact same model. And they’re going to use Colorado as the bait to get people to check it out.

I say bring it. Let’s innovate with the wealthiest company in human existence.

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

Back