What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

The “I want it all” sports fan is the one that suffers the most under streaming. To get what was once on a cable package, in the future you will probably need to have Fox, ESPN+, Peacock, Paramount+, Apple+, Amazon Prime, and perhaps several others.

I don’t want everything, so streaming is better not having to pay for a lot of content I won’t watch.

The “I want it all” sports fan is the one that suffers the most under streaming. To get what was once on a cable package, in the future you will probably need to have Fox, ESPN+, Peacock, Paramount+, Apple+, Amazon Prime, and perhaps several others.

I don’t want everything, so streaming is better not having to pay for a lot of content I won’t watch.
What’s missing from FuboTV with the expanded sports package?

My sense is this is older (undated) aricle because NBC Sports Network channel shut down last year.

fuboTV vs. YouTube TV vs. Sling TV channels

fuboTVSling TVYouTube TV
ACC Network XX
AXS TV X
BeIN Sports X
BeIN Sports en EspanolXX
Big Ten NetworkX X
CBS Sports NetX X
CNNXXX
CNN InternationalXXX
Eleven SportsX
ESPN X
ESPN Bases Loaded XX
ESPN Deportes X
ESPN Goal LineXX
ESPN News X
ESPN U XX
Fox College Sports XX
Fox DeportesX
Fox Regional Sports Networks X
Fox Soccer PlusX X
FS1X X
FS2X X
FuboTV NetworkX
Golf ChannelXXX
MLB NetworkXXX
MSG/MSG+X
NBA TVXXX
NBC Sports Network XX
NBC SportsnetX
NESNX X
NFL NetworkXX
NHL NetworkXXX
Olympic Channel XXX
Outdoor ChannelXXX
Outside TV X
Pac-12XXX
SEC Network XX
SNYXXX
SportsmanXX
StadiumXX
Tennis ChannelXXX
Univision DeportesXX
MotorTrendXXX
YES X

My sense is this is older (undated) aricle because NBC Sports Network channel shut down last year.

fuboTV vs. YouTube TV vs. Sling TV channels

fuboTVSling TVYouTube TV
ACC NetworkXX
AXS TVX
BeIN SportsX
BeIN Sports en EspanolXX
Big Ten NetworkXX
CBS Sports NetXX
CNNXXX
CNN InternationalXXX
Eleven SportsX
ESPNX
ESPN Bases LoadedXX
ESPN DeportesX
ESPN Goal LineXX
ESPN NewsX
ESPN UXX
Fox College SportsXX
Fox DeportesX
Fox Regional Sports NetworksX
Fox Soccer PlusXX
FS1XX
FS2XX
FuboTV NetworkX
Golf ChannelXXX
MLB NetworkXXX
MSG/MSG+X
NBA TVXXX
NBC Sports NetworkXX
NBC SportsnetX
NESNXX
NFL NetworkXX
NHL NetworkXXX
Olympic Channel XXX
Outdoor ChannelXXX
Outside TVX
Pac-12XXX
SEC NetworkXX
SNYXXX
SportsmanXX
StadiumXX
Tennis ChannelXXX
Univision DeportesXX
MotorTrendXXX
YESX

Yeah. ESPN not on Fubo? You don’t even need the expanded sports package for that.

IMG_0401.jpg

Per Andrew Marchand & Ourand:

Amazon and Pac 12 are very unlikely at this point in time. Amazon is pivoting to NASCAR and NBA, they want Premium sports, and that doesn't include Pac 12.

ESPN still involved, talking regularly with the Pac 12, but are being solely opportunistic at this point in time.

Marchand also brought up Colorado & others that may still leave.

Threw Wazzu president's comments under the bus. Have no idea who he's referring to when he says there's a deal ready to sign with. "The Pac 12 has said numerous things publicly that turned out not to be true."

Pac 12 misconstrued the entire situation, viewing how much the B1G got, so figured they deserved much more, but the Networks viewed it as "we have this much less to give now, because of the B1G."

Presently, not much. I suspect the cost of those bundles will go up. I also think the various companies may pull their own networks off to sell direct. You would have to drill down into Fubo and see what the specific carriage fees are.

Pac 12 misconstrued the entire situation, viewing how much the B1G got, so figured they deserved much more, but the Networks viewed it as "we have this much less to give now, because of the B1G."
JFC this is such an asinine take that anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows it's false. There is and was simply no world where anyone in the P12 thought it deserved more than the B1G.

It's amazing how people spin these narratives that have such obvious gaps in order to push an agenda.

Well, no, that's not amazing. What is amazing are the idots that uncritically lap it up.

JFC this is such an asinine take that anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows it's false. There is and was simply no world where anyone in the P12 thought it deserved more than the B1G.

It's amazing how people spin these narratives that have such obvious gaps in order to push an agenda.

Well, no, that's not amazing. What is amazing are the idots that uncritically lap it up.
It’s poor writing and unclear, but I think the “much more” was in reference to the existing PAC 12 payout and not meaning much more than the B1G contract. In other words, they saw a big increase for them, so why not us in the PAC? Of course, that leaves out the whole L.A. market flipping from one conference to the other.

I grew up reading the NY Post and Daily News, Marchand is an east coast guy and they are biased against the west coast. It’s just how it goes out there. The east coast thinks the country stops after Illinois. I don’t think they really know anything, just like the rest of us, and the Colorado comment didn’t have any teeth behind it. Just speculation.

Sorry if I’m not putting stock into the WWE guy that Marchand cited as a definitive source of truth on where the situation is right now.

Do I think the market is super favorable right now? No. But every player is going to use the news media to push their narrative with the hopes it gives them a discount in the end.

The streaming model is just a newly packaged version of what we have had for years. Still going to have content we don’t care for in every streaming service. Still paying for stuff you don’t want or use.

The streaming model is just a newly packaged version of what we have had for years. Still going to have content we don’t care for in every streaming service. Still paying for stuff you don’t want or use.
To some degree, that’s true, if you subscribe to Fubo, Hulu Live, or Sling TV, but even those options are more customizable to the consumer than what cable offered, and a whole lot cheaper.

For those not wanting a bunch of live TV (true cord cutters), it’s perfect.

To some degree, that’s true, if you subscribe to Fubo, Hulu Live, or Sling TV, but even those options are more customizable to the consumer than what cable offered, and a whole lot cheaper.

For those not wanting a bunch of live TV (true cord cutters), it’s perfect.
For now. Cord cutting used to be about ditching live TV altogether, outside of basic OTA channels, and going Netflix, HBO, Hulu, etc for a total of like $30-$40/mo for show/movie consumption.

It's somewhat quickly evolved into all the streaming services just taking over where the cable providers left off in the form of Live TV with different tiers and features (limited ads, no ads, sports packages, entertainment packages, etc). You can easily spend $75-$100/mo on streaming Live TV Services, which isn't that much less than standard cable packages.

Oh, and those prices keep going up. IMO, the true cord cutters, the people who get rid of all live tv and just go with the antenna and Netflix-type service/s are the only ones going against the packaged TV model. Everyone else who has Hulu Live, YoutTube TV, Sling, Fubo TV, etc are simply giving their money to some other company. It's all leading back to the same place where streaming companies are trying to run Dish, DTV, and Comcast out of the cable market.

If you are just going to watch football, you can just subscribe between Labor Day to just after New Year's. Five months and I don't bother with August since I can go to a restaurant or bar for that.

Football & basketball would be an extra one to two months. And that is if you are going to watch CU sports. Seven months tops.

I have Amazon Prime for the wife and I sub to ESPN+ during the football season and that's pretty much it. I play videogames instead of watching other live tv programming. With the return of EA Sports college football games beginning next year, I can just focus on CU & Broncos and that's why I have a vested interest in this media rights deal stuff for the P12/B12 especially Apple+, ESPN+, and Amazon Prime. That's also why I'm hoping for a 100% streaming deal in this case but as long as it works for CU.

The P12 media rights is simply speculative while the Big 12 already has theirs in tow and I can just subscribe to ESPN+ and figure out how I'm going to watch the linear CU football games. I just think CU has a better chance of CFP access by staying put in the P12 though and that's where I'm at these days.

What would Mr Wilner have us do to hold those University Presidents accountable? Somehow, I don’t think the President of Stanford’s job is in jeopardy if the football team sucks.
Exactly this. No P12 board of trustees or regents is going to call for a university president's head because the athletic department media revenue is $20 million less than it could be.

What would Mr Wilner have us do to hold those University Presidents accountable? Somehow, I don’t think the President of Stanford’s job is in jeopardy if the football team sucks.

Sell the P12N to Comcast and have Friday Night P12 games on NBC or NBC Sports plus let Comcast do the P12N streaming stuff for $10-15 per month and call it a deal. Still room for CBS to offer one Saturday afternoon or evening slot, ESPN late Saturday night slot, and Amazon Thursday night slot. Four P12 conference football games during conference play on linear TV. Comcast has the rest of the games on the P12 streaming service.

Probably too good to be true.

But $5M is a nothingburger when it comes to campus budgets that exceed a few billion dollars. Wilner is desperate because his job could be riding on the future of the P12.

having it all is much more fun.

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Want to bet Apple is out?
Amazon seems to be and ESPN is bargain bin shopping.

Convince me there's a happy ending for the PAC. I don't see one.

Either Apple is out or the ink is drying on the P12 media rights contract and an announcement is around the corner.

Amazon is out it seems.

If we get a similar contract that ESPN (read: heavy on ESPN+) has with the Sun Belt that pays around what the Big 12 is going to get, it should have been signed by now.

The P12 might as well become more like the AAC but going to the CFP should be easier than what it is right now. Like Nik said, if SDSU goes to the Big 12, there's no point in staying in the P12.

Might as well start packing some boxes for the move back to the Truck Stop Conference. I can vouch for Casey's Italian sausage pizzas though.

Back