What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

This says the SDSU thing is related to Comcast. They’ll split the CFP money 10 ways instead of 12 for 1 year to cover it. Source is Canzano. I thought they’re pushing unequal CFP money… idk, who knows. Throw another shrimp on the barbie at this point.

A @pac12 update: It seems the @Pac12Network will play a big role in the new media. The likely home for all the content from a production element. They will become a direct to consumer source for the events as well as on cable and satellite 📡📡📡
I must caution that is the framework of a deal and could change

That said the @Pac12Network has been used many times by both ESPN and FOX to produce P12 events. So it makes sense to keep costs down by making it home base. We will see IF it does come to be.

Was just coming to post this. I suggested they should do something like this several pages back. The P12N as an asset is a pretty valuable thing to me that struggled from distribution challenges under the dying cable pay set up. Its not hard to imagine a future where a lot of sports eventually become a stand alone streaming service as consumers habits continue to evolve. Owning our own network makes us less dependent than the other conferences will be on the major networks when that day comes

Cue ITB rant….

Last edited:
Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

The above is a valid sentence in English. Some other posts in this thread...

Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

The above is a valid sentence in English. Some other posts in this thread...
nerds GIF

The decline in the relative value of a CU-Boulder degree almost exactly coincides with the term of Phil DiStefano as Chancellor. I don’t believe that’s a simple coincidence. It also has nothing to do with what athletic conference our teams play in.

Unpopular opinion: Unless it's from a handful of elite schools (CU isn't one of them) it doesn't matter where you graduated from as long as you did. It helps with your network, especially if you're looking to stay local, but the primary thing a degree shows is that you are able to work independently, can reflect on things and have some critical thinking skills. Overall university rankings are a waste of time, a less prestigious university may well have certain programs that are better than those at perceived elite universities.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t the quality of a degree be determined by the quality of the education/school at the time it was earned? Why would anything that happens at CU in 2023 affect a degree I earned over 20 years ago?
In theory yes, but that’s not how it works. CU was never elite enough academically for any employer to remember that it was any better 20 years ago. I also agree with Jens that unless it’s an Ivy or one of a handful of others, it doesn’t really matter.

In theory yes, but that’s not how it works. CU was never elite enough academically for any employer to remember that it was any better 20 years ago. I also agree with Jens that unless it’s an Ivy or one of a handful of others, it doesn’t really matter.

And I'd say even with them it's primarily for the network you get access to.

Unpopular opinion: Unless it's from a handful of elite schools (CU isn't one of them) it doesn't matter where you graduated from as long as you did. It helps with your network, especially if you're looking to stay local, but the primary thing a degree shows is that you are able to independently, can reflect on things and have some critical thinking skills. Overall university rankings are a waste of time, a less prestigious university may well have certain programs that are better than those at perceived elite universities.
This.

There are some network advantages if you stay within the region.

And...

That's actually the big benefit we gained by moving conferences, it strengthened the network effect in a more valuable employment region.

The CA, AZ, and WA alumni tailgates, watch parties, and overall organizations were massively strengthened by the move to the PAC.

The ones in Stoolwater, Stincoln, wacko, Lubbock, Ames, etc all took a hit, but who cares?

Yeah so either way, why should I care 20 years after getting my degree? I’d like my alma mater to be a quality institution and for current students to earn a degree to be proud of, but this debate over quality of a degree impacts me not at all.

Yeah so either way, why should I care 20 years after getting my degree? I’d like my alma mater to be a quality institution and for current students to earn a degree to be proud of, but this debate over quality of a degree impacts me not at all.

I think it's also utterly pointless to be arguing about the prestige of your degree unless you want to feel better about yourself.

Unpopular opinion: Unless it's from a handful of elite schools (CU isn't one of them) it doesn't matter where you graduated from as long as you did. It helps with your network, especially if you're looking to stay local, but the primary thing a degree shows is that you are able to work independently, can reflect on things and have some critical thinking skills. Overall university rankings are a waste of time, a less prestigious university may well have certain programs that are better than those at perceived elite universities.

Oh I agree at the level CU is at. But it does get people spun up sometimes. :LOL:

Back