What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

In a roundabout way, he's pushing his anti-progressive political agenda. Posters on 247 who credibly have contacts within the AD have completely dispelled this narrative.

Calm down. I am saying this anti-Big 12 sentiment will win the day, just that it's there. For example, Bruce Benson was anything but a progressive, and he LOVED the idea of CU being academically compared to Stanford, Cal, UCLA, etc. Others within the admin feel the same way right now.

I could see us competitive in the Big 12 (w/16 teams) after some administrative changes. In no way would we ever be competitive in the NIL era SEC. Never.
I disagree. We have seen it done. We just need leadership that understands the importance of a competitive football team.

Regarding SDSU, the obstacles have been UC vs CSU systems (UCLA & Cal), value when we already owned SoCal (USC & UCLA), protecting recruiting grounds from too much competition (mostly ASU, UA and UCLA - USC fears no one local in west coast recruiting), and academically only being an R2 for research (Stanford & Cal with some noise from Cal & UCLA).

In short, the bloc of "nay" votes has been broken.
Find someone who loves you as much as Nik loves SDSU and UNLV.

I refuse to put myself through the anguish of hoping. Because if this was real, the B1G would step up with a competing offer rather than let it happen. I'm not going down the dangerous mental health path of treating this as any more than fantasy.
But there's a scenario you can think of where CU makes more sense for the SEC and ESPN than the B1G and Fox.

Find someone who loves you as much as Nik loves SDSU and UNLV.
If you're going to be a western conference, we are spread out with significant metros which matter. San Diego and Las Vegas are significant holes if left out of a western conference media plan. It annoys me.

Edit: Think of regular business ventures. Could you imagine saying to your senior management or board, "We're not going to entertain franchising into San Diego and Las Vegas & it's fine because we've got partners we really like in Pullman and Corvallis"? It's just so damn stupid.

Calm down. I am saying this anti-Big 12 sentiment will win the day, just that it's there. For example, Bruce Benson was anything but a progressive, and he LOVED the idea of CU being academically compared to Stanford, Cal, UCLA, etc. Others within the admin feel the same way right now.
Look at it this way. Joining the mouthbreathers in the SEC would give our admin the arrogance and sense of superiority it so desperately wants

Agree this is most likely some reporters fever dream, but Colorado has already been in a league with 1/4 of the expanded SEC, so it doesn’t feel that unthinkable.
That’s when we paid players and didn’t live in our current political landscape.

Yeah, the only leverage the Pac 10 has is Oregon and Washington immediately become the tent pole programs that the Big 12 kind of needs to be viewed as a CFP worthy conference.
The idea that the Pac 10 thinks it has enough leverage to pull a stunt like that is likely coming from up there.

Best case scenarioes are the SEC or a move to the Big 12 minus any coastal schools.

We almost beat them could be allbuffs new slogan if we somehow end up in the SEC
I was at Vandy when we tied a good Georgia team with a last second field goal from 50+. We lived on that for years (apparently even to this day). It's a great mind-set to understand.

More speculation. Pod Dregs for sure

That pod....

Cringe Reaction GIF

Another poster on 247 who is credibly in the know with some people has said that CU is viewed far more favorably by outsiders than it is by CU fans and the local media.

Well, the local media still believes the P12 switch was the problem and that a move to the MWC should have been the call, but then the local media is largely clueless when it comes to CFB. The fanbase at least understands why that was not a viable option and why the P12 move, even in retrospect, probably was the right decision.

After my initial lol at SEC talk, I’ve kinda thought it might be more plausible than initial reaction.

The B1G now owns the 3 top media markets which are as big as the next 7 markets combined.

The SEC may want to capture more markets to offset that.

Back