What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

SDSU and UNLV are worthless. **** the Pac 12. We need to ditch it and join a league with schools who actually give a ****.

I don't understand your sentiment at all.
The LittleXII has no national brands. They might give a **** about football as you but there is no big money coming their way and they will always be JV to the 4 SEC schools that left.

The Pac and L12 need to accept there place as the M in this new P2/M3/G5 arrangement.

After my initial lol at SEC talk, I’ve kinda thought it might be more plausible than initial reaction.

The B1G now owns the 3 top media markets which are as big as the next 7 markets combined.

The SEC may want to capture more markets to offset that.
They (ESPN) have a lot of content and time slots they need to fill and want to be a national network. They need Mountain and Pacific time zones and they don't have any kind of presence in Denver, Phoenix or Seattle.

After my initial lol at SEC talk, I’ve kinda thought it might be more plausible than initial reaction.

The B1G now owns the 3 top media markets which are as big as the next 7 markets combined.

The SEC may want to capture more markets to offset that.
For that reason, I actually read someone making the case for Notre Dame, Syracuse, Stanford & Boston College to add Chicago, New York, Boston & San Francisco media dollars. That's crazy since it ignores every conference variable on what makes these affiliations work other than media revenue, but I did think it gave some insight on how SEC folks might be thinking - "we need more big markets to stay number one & we better act fast or we'll lose out."

The LittleXII has no national brands. They might ‘give a **** about football’ as you say but there is no big money coming their way and they will always be JV to the 4 SEC schools that left. The NIL will keep the best players away anyways.

We aren't getting into either the SEC or the B1G. B12 is a life-raft at this point. I will be happy to have some conference games we can hope to compete in while members of the death-ADMIN peter into obsolesce.

Why? Is there a exclusivity window due to the existing contracts?
The money reached a point where CBS walked away.

As Delaney pointed out you have to have two bidders. If there is only one you have a problem. That might be the new reality for the B1G and SEC

The LittleXII has no national brands. They might ‘give a **** about football’ as you say but there is no big money coming their way and they will always be JV to the 4 SEC schools that left. The NIL will keep the best players away anyways.
Two things: One, there is no big money coming the Pac 10's way. Two, unless the SEC rumor that came out of SLC is true-the Big 12 will have some national brands. If the Big 12 moves on the four of us, Oregon and Washington won't have a choice but to join.

As Delaney pointed out you have to have two bidders. If there is only one you have a problem. That might be the new reality for the B1G and SEC

Look at what I replied to.

Is there anything at all that has some validity or is everything still rumor/heresay? Has CU made a statement?

The media conglomerates will win negotiations vs a conference commish who has university presidents as his board of stakeholders. One party without a competing bid means getting fleeced.

Howdy. First post in about 10-15 years? I used to be on here but left a loooong time ago. I’ve been reading this thread and decided F it I’m back until this gets sorted.

So there’s chatter of a Pac 12 ACC contractual alliance. No idea what that means or if it’s true but Wilner and Canzano are talking about it this morning. So I’d put it at above .01%. This actually makes sense for a lot of reasons but the best one is it screws over the Big 12 because it involves poaching Oklahoma St and TCU.

Is there anything at all that has some validity or is everything still rumor/heresay? Has CU made a statement?

Any statement any of the stakeholders directly involved in this right now publicly makes will only make things worse. We won't hear anything official from either stakeholder until it is done. Whatever it is.

Howdy. First post in about 10-15 years? I used to be on here but left a loooong time ago. I’ve been reading this thread and decided F it I’m back until this gets sorted.

So there’s chatter of a Pac 12 ACC contractual alliance. No idea what that means or if it’s true but Wilner and Canzano are talking about it this morning. So I’d put it at above .01%. This actually makes sense for a lot of reasons but the best one is it screws over the Big 12 because it involves poaching Oklahoma St and TCU.
A Pac-14 with an ACC scheduling and media alliance for all sports would be great. Maybe should have had those negotiations before USC & UCLA bolted.

Remember this?

This is what happened to this "alliance" a few days ago
dust gale GIF

A Pac-14 with an ACC scheduling and media alliance for all sports would be great. Maybe should have had those negotiations before USC & UCLA bolted.
Totally. I mean George K was fly fishing in Montana when this went down. We’re definitely the “just woke up from a nap” conference. But if we could actually pull this off it would check almost every box.

Damnit I hate being optimistic at this time. Really bad idea.

Remember this?

This is what happened to this "alliance" a few days ago
dust gale GIF
From the ashes baby! Yeah ok the first alliance didn’t work but let’s be honest that one sucked.

In all seriousness if we can put a ring on it then this is the best route. Better than being a B12 fossil.

Let's not waste our time talking about anything that involves any Big 12 school joining this conference. They are getting more TV money than we are and they are in a more stable conference than we are.

CU needs to be focused on this SEC idea (if there's anything to it) or joining the Big 12.

Back