What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

There is no way that West Virginia tweeter already has ESPN’s offer number. Who knows if they have even talked numbers. So stupid we all gave up so much money to be able to take all the rights to the market at the same time and the LA schools bail at the 2 yard line.
Well its not going to shock me if he's correct-we have one bidder during this exclusive window. FOX has already passed-and no, I didn't get that from him.

Right now, the most compelling argument that I can make for going to the Big 12 is that it would be good for the hoops program, especially if the chards come along. Based solely on football, I’m still having difficulty finding a good reason to leave.

Some posters here are coming to the realization CU never going to the big leagues.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

a couple clarifying points— we don’t really know what the pac is worth now and that means it is probably worth negotiating to find out. And, we don’t really know what other bidders might be truly interested because of the exclusive window— that is probably also worth finding out. the pac may indeed be expanded to include g5 schools or perhaps others if it adds value. Still a lot of data to run down.

stanford, cal, wsu, and osu seem to be highly incented to hold the pac together. UW and UO appear to be currently incented to hold the pac together for now. this is why i mentioned before that i think we are going to see things slow down a bit until everyone sorts out their best options and that appears to be at least a month or more.

if the sec swoops in and tries to expand west or something or some other big cataclysmic event occurs, then maybe everyone starts reevaluating more quickly including the big. But, for now, i don’t expect any big news for awhile.

You think they are gonna get $300m/year from the SEC? GTFOH.
He’s talking about the $3B deal over 10 years the SEC signed w ESPN a couple years ago, but I’m 95% positive that’s for their game of the week package or something that’s replacing the $55m/year deal they had w CBS.

End of the day, he has no clue what he’s talking about

OMG you're so right, UO & UW leaving wouldn't be worse at all! In fact, you know what would really strengthen our position, replacing them with UNLV and Fresno state! Wow, you're so smart. We could become king of the new PACWEST conference!

So ass clown, lol haven't used that in 10 years, in case you're unaware, these TV contracts also cover mens basketball. If you'd rather we sit on our hands waiting for UO & UW to make a move instead of playing in one of the best basketball conferences in the country bringing Arizona with us...feel free but I'm here to tell you that's stupid. We'd be waiting on a hail Mary instead of trying to better our situation.

Seriously what's your salary? You don't seem too bright
Same warning I gave to hank—- settle down a bit.

@hawg1 had a number on 247 of something like $2.25B for three schools to leave the ACC. Not sure where he got those numbers from though
That must be a product of roughly $68,000,000 annually x 13 years x 3 teams.

I don't think it would be that high. The ACC would accept a lower amount. But I wouldn't be surprised if AD revenue is substantially lower over a ten year period for an ACC team that exits.

The MaltAssault guy has no idea what he is talking about. And he made me feel a bit uncomfortable when he asked if he could see my penis.

You don't understand what grant of rights means. It literally means you grant your rights to the conference. So, if you jump to a new conference, even if it pays you $100 million annually, you fork ALL OF IT over to your old conference. To my knowledge, the ACC agreement does not have a liquidated damages clause or "fines" provision that replaces the grant of rights. And it has a very long term.

Is it enforceable? Who knows? But my impression is that university presidents, regents, etc., are not the types to say, "**** it, let them sue us."

Often, the league will negotiate with the exiting member, the idea being "Let's not keep the exiting member another year or two more than they are contractually obligated." But the ACC deal runs through 2036. Not much room for bargaining. It will cost a pretty penny to exit.
No I got that part. Knew nothing about the details of a GOR but it's meaning was self evident.

You got to the point tho, there aren't any rules in this cfb business anymore. What's ESPN going to do if Clemson moves to the SEC, not televise their game against bama? THE ACC SAID SOOOO! Please. What's the ACC gonna do? Tell ESPN to sue them, physically stop them from playing games? A civil suit would be the only thing stopping Clemson. To that my point, they'd laugh all the way to the bank

No I got that part. Knew nothing about the details of a GOR but it's meaning was self evident.

You got to the point tho, there aren't any rules in this cfb business anymore. What's ESPN going to do if Clemson moves to the SEC, not televise their game against bama? THE ACC SAID SOOOO! Please. What's the ACC gonna do? Tell ESPN to sue them, physically stop them from playing games? A civil suit would be the only thing stopping Clemson. To that my point, they'd laugh all the way to the bank
Nobody gets into the SEC without ESPN driving it.

You still don't ****ing get it.

That must be a product of roughly $68,000,000 annually x 13 years x 3 teams.

I don't think it would be that high. The ACC would accept a lower amount. But I wouldn't be surprised if AD revenue is substantially lower over a ten year period for an ACC team that exits.

The MaltAssault guy has no idea what he is talking about. And he made me feel a bit uncomfortable when he asked if he could see my penis.
Right? I mean, it's so off putting when someone thinks they need to ask and can't show a modicum of patience.

It was speculated that a Big18 would be $500m-$600m in TV money, while the Pac 10 would be $250m-$300m. Works out to be roughly the same per school assuming equal revenue share.

Speculated by whom? I don't really doubt those numbers so much, but I've just very little actual sources or actual numbers thrown around.

I would expect money to be roughly a wash, but I think the new B12 would be far more stable. Including UO and UW and depending on them to stay is a big risk, IMO.

Yeah I get that, but I don't really get the rush to jump into a conference of teams nobody wants. That doesn't feel like a great long term plan? Like, nobody in the B12 will ever jump because they aren't appealing to anyone. Yet we want to ditch UW/UO for them because UW/UO might dip for the B1G if they can

I think people are getting the idea that most of the Pac value is tied to Oregon and Washington (which is true at the moment), and that they are going to bail. So there is no Pac.

I think there is a very good chance the Pac survives (at least for the next few years).

I mean that is where the money will come from as far as I can tell, just seems weird to me to rush to ditch them considering that

Probably something having to do with people actually watching the teams that are in the current Big XII

The only thing I've seen on that is

some of the B12 schools definitely perform ok, but Oregon killed it compared to the B12. The B12 added a bunch of schools down in the P12 ****ty viewership range. And that was with an all time great year for the B12 and a pretty terrible one for the P12. And some schools like Stanford scored oddly well.

I'd imagine TV people would want to go back several years and at least form an opinion based on more than just the last year.

Idk, seems like a lot of nostalgia with the B12 like mfers don't remember empty ass KU stadiums or empty ass Okie St stadiums or empty ass Baylor stadiums

Who is getting $300m/year?
Sorry that was extremely poorly worded. The SEC. They have two contracts with espn

.How long yo dick
Long enough to know I just caught my second dub. You've now said for yourself: it's questionably enforceable and buyout is possible.

I'll do it for free chicken!

Back