What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

No network is going to offer any conference a big deal without a guarantee that the conference is going to stay in tact. They would have to build something into the contract that would give them leverage. With the last round of TV deals coming to an end and new ones on the horizon, there is a lot of volatility as teams try to position themselves. Once new deals are in place the music stops and you’d better have a chair.
GoR is the leverage piece.

Nothing strikes home how ****ed this situation is and how few options we have solely because CU hasn't put together a decent football team together in the last 20 years. I mean if we could at least be a 6-8 win team most years maybe the B1G would even take a glance at us. But nope, Karl mother****ing Dorrell
Not to be a ☀️ pumper, but that is an unfair statement to the 2016 team.

Nothing strikes home how ****ed this situation is and how few options we have solely because CU hasn't put together a decent football team together in the last 20 years. I mean if we could at least be a 6-8 win team most years maybe the B1G would even take a glance at us. But nope, Karl mother****ing Dorrell

Probably 2 or 3 seasons until KD is fired. No idea who we can hire with lousy pac-10 or Big 12 money. High odds CU football sucks for another decade.

Not to be a ☀️ pumper, but that is an unfair statement to the 2016 team.

I mean that year was great, but we just fell right back off after that

Like look at it from another fan's perspective, what do they think of Colorado the football team? You'd have to go find a 40 year old that would be like, well back in the late 80s and early 90s.. damn they were good. Then they started to fall apart, dead cat bounce in 2001, then literal failure for 20+ years with one sneaky good season.

This entire ordeal should be a massive wakeup call to CU and all of the P12 to step it the **** up. Football is the only thing that matters, not basketball, not soccer, not women's tennis

So right now, the B12 has extended offers to six P10 schools. I’d figure that the expectation is all or nothing. So those schools right now have some leverage with the rest of the conference. As a block, CU, UU, ASU, UA, UO, and UW can dictate to Cal, Stanford, OSU and WSU how the payouts will be made going forward. Might be able to get some other concessions as well. I’d also figure that those six schools are talking with each other. None of them is acting on its own.

@hawg1 had a number on 247 of something like $2.25B for three schools to leave the ACC. Not sure where he got those numbers from though
you
@hawg1 had a number on 247 of something like $2.25B for three schools to leave the ACC. Not sure where he got those numbers from though
I estimated TV rights to be 60M per year for 12 years that that would grant to ACC. That’s 720M x 3 teams departing. That’s 2.25B ish. Honestly 60M is probably low.

The point was that the conference is so weak that it had to invite UCF just so it could have a conference championship game.
The Big XII has had a conference championship game for several years with ten members. Without UCF, the Big XII would be at... eleven members.

That must be a product of roughly $68,000,000 annually x 13 years x 3 teams.

I don't think it would be that high. The ACC would accept a lower amount. But I wouldn't be surprised if AD revenue is substantially lower over a ten year period for an ACC team that exits.

The MaltAssault guy has no idea what he is talking about. And he made me feel a bit uncomfortable when he asked if he could see my penis.
Yep. I did 60 for 12 years for 3 teams.

I agree they would negotiate less. On the other hand 60 is too low given SEC deal.

@Hank you read ACC GoR? It’s pretty thin. As I’ve mentioned before, staples interviewed lawyer who thinks there are four paths for a challenge, including some legal holes.

It’s gonna take balls for Clemson (or some group) to challenge it in court.

Aren’t we all fake college athletics experts who know how to make entertaining threads? Don’t forget to check what time breakfast is served at Holiday Inn in the morning.

@Hank you read ACC GoR? It’s pretty thin. As I’ve mentioned before, staples interviewed lawyer who thinks there are four paths for a challenge, including some legal holes.

It’s gonna take balls for Clemson (or some group) to challenge it in court.
Have not read the actual contract. And if I did, not sure how useful my input would be. Just read some articles. But I agree - it's no joke. Too many parties on a bargained-for agreement for a court just to throw it out.

Last edited:

That must be a product of roughly $68,000,000 annually x 13 years x 3 teams.

I don't think it would be that high. The ACC would accept a lower amount. But I wouldn't be surprised if AD revenue is substantially lower over a ten year period for an ACC team that exits.

The MaltAssault guy has no idea what he is talking about. And he made me feel a bit uncomfortable when he asked if he could see my penis.

Won’t touch it. The grant would be well over a billion. If you don’t know how GoR works, take a seat.
OmG, which one is it!?
He doesn’t understand GoR.
Please. You act like legal documents are written in Latin. Him channeling my inner grandpappy, let me guess, it executes using some higher standard of law, say copyright? Does the acc get Clemson s title to the house? Lol, transparent

OmG, which one is it!?

Please. You act like legal documents are written in Latin. Him channeling my inner grandpappy, let me guess, it executes using some higher standard of law, say copyright? Does the acc get Clemson s title to the house? Lol, transparent
Perfect gif for the SaltyMalt?

OmG, which one is it!?

I showed my math. Twice. I said 60 was likely low.

You have proven repeatedly - and admitted - you don’t understand GoR.

I’ll not respond again. Have a good night.

OmG, which one is it!?

I know I have been a bit snarky, but you are out of your element, Donny.

Back