What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I wonder what happened to Utah? I can’t believe that BYU really kept them out
Utah is also likely acting in its best interest, and waiting to see what the Pac can offer before making a panic move to the Big 12.

I showed my math. Twice. I said 60 was likely low.

You have proven repeatedly - and admitted - you don’t understand GoR.

I’ll not respond again. Have a good night.
I found UNC's ACC gor genius. I knew it was copyright law. Don't know, don't care what the termination repercussions would be or your math on the buyout. ESPN owns the ACC, Clemson s contract with them is worthless.

Nothing strikes home how ****ed this situation is and how few options we have solely because CU hasn't put together a decent football team together in the last 20 years. I mean if we could at least be a 6-8 win team most years maybe the B1G would even take a glance at us. But nope, Karl mother****ing Dorrell
It also sucks that our current head coach is awful during this pinnacle time moving forward.

Imagine if we had a good coach, and joining a new conference with teams like Kansas, UCF, WVU, K-State, Houston, BYU, etc.

I wonder what happened to Utah? I can’t believe that BYU really kept them out

I agree. There's no way a school that isn't even in the conference yet can wield that much power.

There's something else at work here.

I found UNC's ACC gor genius. I knew it was copyright law. Don't know, don't care what the termination repercussions would be or your math on the buyout. ESPN owns the ACC, Clemson s contract with them is worthless.

You can take this one @Hank

God, you are an idiot. Copyright only applies to recorded works. Ya know, the "right" to "copy" them.

I don't know about you, but I prefer to watch live football instead of video montages. So the contract has very little to do with copyright.

Each school assigned to the conference their rights necessary for the conference to perform its obligations to ESPN through June 30, 2027. Basically, the schools do not own their TV rights. The conference does.

My dad used to say to me: "I can take stupid. And I can take arrogant. But I can't take stupid and arrogant."

So ESPN owns the the rights to ACC but somehow that doesn't apply to Clemson? Is that what you are saying?

So this is an opportunity for the AD. What do I do if I'm the AD? I reach out to my largest donors, and more importantly, largest potential donors, to bring them into the process. To make them feel like they have a voice, a real impact on the decisions which the program makes and the direction it is headed. Open dialogue.

I'm sure RG is doing none of that.

So ESPN owns the the rights to ACC but somehow that doesn't apply to Clemson? Is that what you are saying?
To be clear - the ACC owns the rights to each member school. Based on that understanding, the ACC entered into a contract with ESPN. So if the ACC breaches (because a member institution joins another conference), ESPN can sue them. And the ACC can sue the member school who left. ESPN could probably sue the member institution directly, but I'm not sure, I'm just an estate tax attorney.

So this is an opportunity for the AD. What do I do if I'm the AD? I reach out to my largest donors, and more importantly, largest potential donors, to bring them into the process. To make them feel like they have a voice, a real impact on the decisions which the program makes and the direction it is headed. Open dialogue.

He's probably calling Lance Carl and KD into his office to strategerize

One needs Large Donors to to have that discussion

I have kind of been a jerk tonight - internet personalities and all. Hawg1 is right, Ahoel is partially right, SaltySnacks is completely wrong. We all want what is best for CU. While the Pac didn't work out the way we wanted (partially the Pac's fault, way more CU's fault) I think our best option is to stay the course despite how awful this has been. And reevaluate in a year or two.

I have kind of been a jerk tonight - internet personalities and all. Hawg1 is right, Ahoel is partially right, SaltySnacks is completely wrong. We all want what is best for CU. While the Pac didn't work out the way we wanted (partially the Pac's fault, way more CU's fault) I think our best option is to stay the course despite how awful this has been. And reevaluate in a year or two.
If there’s a chance we could regularly play FSU, Miami, Clemson, Pitt, BC, etc why wouldn’t we all want that? Not only is that intriguing because CU hasn’t done that before, it’s East Coast exposure up and down the coast vs perpetually playing for the Texas audience (against boring *** teams we’ve already gone up against for decades).

It’s way more interesting than even playing in the regular P12 with USC and UCLA.

If there’s a chance we could regularly play FSU, Miami, Clemson, Pitt, BC, etc why wouldn’t we all want that? Not only is that intriguing because CU hasn’t done that before, it’s East Coast exposure up and down the coast vs perpetually playing for the Texas audience (against boring *** teams we’ve already gone up against for decades).

It’s way more interesting than even playing in the regular P12 with USC and UCLA.
And unless this materializes in the next couple months, in writing on a contract, then we should join the Big XII.

God, you are an idiot. Copyright only applies to recorded works. Ya know, the "right" to "copy" them.

I don't know about you, but I prefer to watch live football instead of video montages. So the contract has very little to do with copyright.

Each school assigned to the conference their rights necessary for the conference to perform its obligations to ESPN through June 30, 2027. Basically, the schools do not own their TV rights. The conference does.

My dad used to say to me: "I can take stupid. And I can take arrogant. But I can't take stupid and arrogant."
Well it does it says copyright in the contract so you're wrong again. Wait...you don't actually think I meant Clemson's title to the house, do you? Hahaha, wow. Boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner, boomer sooner. Hey Mr legal, pregunta. Can I still go hunting with my buddy dabo Sweeney this weekend? Clemson signed away his rights and I'm too stupid to know if that includes 2A?
Clemson isn't in a legal contract with ESPN. The ACC is and Clemson's contract is with them. ACC has licensing rights to Clemson but ESPN has the broadcast rights to the ACC and the SEC so the point is moot. If Clemson moves to the SEC and ESPN airs their game, the ACC will get all butt hurt, throw a big tantrum at espn, espn will shrug their shoulders and tell the ACC they would be in breech of contract with the SEC if they didn't air it. Then all three would throw a big ass party dancing on the ACC's dead body on Jordan Belfort s yacht. That gor between the ACC and Clemson is nothing more than, don't break the terms of this BC we have espn! They'll come knockin and if not them, then we'll bring every other school who also want to leave!!! Yeah, that's **** all. If Clemson was going to the B1G and fox, then espn would take legal action and Clemson wouldn't go. It's not so Clemson be all, gimme that 3 bill dawgs, I got hoes in different area codes. How'd I do daddy @Hank ?

Last edited:
And unless this materializes in the next couple months, in writing on a contract, then we should join the Big XII.
I’d say this has to be resolved in the next week or two or the tension and anxiety will hit the roof for all parties - schools, media execs, alumni.

Even though Apple and Amazon could be a player for the new deal post-29 days, if there’s an ACC partnership ESPN has to be the buyer and broker and they could get this done in that time.

It would also be a returned serve to Fox. Essentially seals the deal for ESPN having the clear #1 and #3 conferences (I’m including P12 and ACC as one even though they might be separate who knows).

I accept your apology and terms of your unconditional surrender. Good night everyone. Love you 😘

Go Buffs!

Last edited:
However this plays out, I think the best way forward is for either the PAC12 or the BIGXII to kill the other conference so that they have more leverage negotiating a media contract.

I could get behind a BIGXII that adds CU, ASU, (UU or UA), and SDSU. That way it has recruiting grounds in Southern California, Texas, Ohio, and Florida. It would cripple the PAC12 and be a stable conference with no large players that are likely to get a better offer any time soon.

I think the PAC12's road to relevance is a lot more difficult to see. If they can add SDSU, Houston, (TCU or SMU), and one of (UNLV, Boise St., any remaining BIGXII school) they will have made a solid regional conference with recruiting grounds in California and Texas. The problem is that it doesn't really kill the BIGXII and UW, UO, and Stanford are still likely to leave at a moment's notice.

Nothing strikes home how ****ed this situation is and how few options we have solely because CU hasn't put together a decent football team together in the last 20 years. I mean if we could at least be a 6-8 win team most years maybe the B1G would even take a glance at us. But nope, Karl mother****ing Dorrell

🤣

Dude, go tell it to Utah or Oregon.

Shamelessly stolen from another board. But this is USC and UCLA showing up to the BIG10:

paris hilton thats hot GIF

I sure hope the publicly available attendance/viewership information is not what conferences are using to value schools, because CU definitely falls outside the top 50 on both of those that I could find.

CU sure picked the worst possible ****ing time to have the worst 15 year stretch in program history.

I sure hope the publicly available attendance/viewership information is not what conferences are using to value schools, because CU definitely falls outside the top 50 on both of those that I could find.

CU sure picked the worst possible ****ing time to have the worst 15 year stretch in program history.
15 years? Try 20...

Back