What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Watching what's happened with Oregon, the Big Ten should really think long and hard about inviting them. Uncle Phil has done a lot for them, but what have they really accomplished in that time period? He's not going to be alive that much longer, and it's hard to believe that they won't revert to their original levels of money sport accomplishment, which is equal to about Purdue, historically.

They don't bring a market, and the Nike fanboi following will die off after the a seasons of losing football.
Oregon won’t be playing top teams all season. They’ll win plenty of games this season.

Watching what's happened with Oregon, the Big Ten should really think long and hard about inviting them. Uncle Phil has done a lot for them, but what have they really accomplished in that time period? He's not going to be alive that much longer, and it's hard to believe that they won't revert to their original levels of money sport accomplishment, which is equal to about Purdue, historically.

They don't bring a market, and the Nike fanboi following will die off after the a seasons of losing football.
Knight set.th up with the richest endowment in the history of college athletics. They're well funded for the foreseeable future

Utah is good but that was stupid as hell
How the F can the CU AD look at what has happened in the last 20 years between these two programs.
Stunning differences
Now Utah has pretty much prop 48 academics

Honestly, CU should really go back to the Big 12.
Yep. I said this initially after the USC/UCLA announcement: this whole thing is a game of musical chairs, and we are going to get left without a seat if we don't grab one quickly. The idea that the PAC10 would survive this is a pipe dream. We are headed toward being a non-P5-tier program if we aren't very careful. (Not even sure what that will be called going forward.) Maybe that would be best, after watching last night.

Though, not sure I will really care, going forward. I have been pumping hope for far too long. The well is really dry, by now.

I honestly don't know what we're waiting for, besides numbers being given to the B12. We know what ours are here in the PAC - sh1tty. So sh1tty, that we aren't hearing a peep about getting something done early any longer. No one wants our content besides a low ball offer from espn. I'd think as soon as the B12 has some numbers, a path to an early rights agreement, which they seem to be heading toward, then we'll be moving with Arizona quickly. Playing in a 4 time zone conference with FOX/ESPN and perhaps some other media partners, making $40m+ a year, sounds a hell of a lot better than staying here.

Blurb from Dennis Dodd yday -

Last edited:
Kickoff for week one at B1G program, University of Maryland, that will be receiving around $100m/year in football revenue. A CU program coming off a 4-8 season had 47k fans in attendance for a late night game.

I'm not sure if anyone here listens to Shutdown Fullcast, but they actually talked about this game last week.

They were discussing how the "tickets available from $X dollars" on the ESPN schedule provides pretty poignant commentary on the games themselves. One could have purchased a ticket on the secondary market for $2 to see Maryland host Buffalo last week.

Some choice selections from this week's slate:

1662644828246.png
1662644888831.png
1662644931932.png
1662644993088.png
1662645020463.png
1662645046777.png
1662645086534.png
1662645163537.png

I honestly don't know what we're waiting for, besides numbers being given to the B12. We know what ours are here in the PAC - sh1tty. So sh1tty, that we aren't hearing a peep about getting something done early any longer. No one wants our content besides a low ball offer from espn. I'd think as soon as the B12 has some numbers, a path to an early rights agreement, which they seem to be heading toward, then we'll be moving with Arizona quickly. Playing in a 4 time zone conference with FOX/ESPN and perhaps some other media partners, making $40m+ a year, sounds a hell of a lot better than staying here.

LOLz bc you think B12 numbers somehow make us competitive with B1G/SEC. Still less than half. College football is over.

LOLz bc you think B12 numbers somehow make us competitive with B1G/SEC. Still less than half. College football is over.
Huh? Are you mildly ruhtarded or something, or is your snobbery disguised as that? Where did I ever say the B12 numbers would be competitive to the B1G/SEC? What I said is $40M+ over there is better than $30M+ here. You lol like a little nancy, but laughing at the prospect of staying in this conference isn't funny to me. That attitude is what got us in this spot to begin with. There will be a better brand of football & basketball, along with more money to be had, in the B12. Sorry you can't pull your head out of your won @ss far enough to see that.

So, other than the most important part of the deal, you don't know what we are waiting for?

Interesting take. This guy is connecting the dots and it makes a lot of sense what might be on the horizon.

Interesting take. This guy is connecting the dots and it makes a lot of sense what might be on the horizon.

By “4th Time Zone” I think the Big 12 means California, not Arizona. I know Arizona doesn’t do daylight savings time so are Pacific Time from March to November, but half the year they are Mountain Time. Maybe I’m over thinking.

By “4th Time Zone” I think the Big 12 means California, not Arizona. I know Arizona doesn’t do daylight savings time so are Pacific Time from March to November, but half the year they are Mountain Time. Maybe I’m over thinking
Two time zones one stone....

It's really going to come down to what the networks cook up + the B1G plans on further expansion. Then, ACC stability.

If the B1G decides to add 2 or more additional schools from the Pac-12, the conference folds.

If the ACC gets raided, then we're probably looking at a mashup of the most valuable properties from the ACC, Big 12 & Pac-12 becoming the quasi P3 conference.

If neither of those things happen, it may mean stability for 10-12 years and we might be in a Pac-12 for that time which has expanded with SDSU/FSU and maybe others.

If the Pac-12 doesn't fold, I'm not sure that CU can afford to leave. We owe the conference like $18M from the Covid relief loan.

I’m impressed that you can listen to that guy for more than 30s. I didn’t make it far but he seems to fit the thread title

At this rate, I think CU ends up staying in the Pac-12 which becomes MWC 2.0. MWC backfills with North Dakota State & South Dakota State and maybe the two Montana schools.

Back