What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Not sure how to do a clean post, but here is an article quoting our clown chancellor…
Putting my feelings aside and how I react to Phil as someone who has followed things so closely for years, I think that as a national article reaching that audience it was very positive for CU and the football brand. That's all that really matters.

Putting my feelings aside and how I react to Phil as someone who has followed things so closely for years, I think that as a national article reaching that audience it was very positive for CU and the football brand. That's all that really matters.
Todd Saliman making it happen but staying out of the spotlight. Thank you baby Jesus for President Saliman.

Agree, it’s hard to take issue with what he said here. Basically we’re staying in the Pac-12 unless it falls apart. The AAU mention against the B12 is not surprising and I’m glad he said it.

What makes this strange is the P12 media contingent keeps pushing us to the B12. Wilner had in the latest article the P12 could replace CU with SDSU and there would be no change in value.

What????

Yeah, ok let’s replace the hottest brand in CFB that will draw the highest ratings during this next contract with a G5 school and act like it’s no big deal. Unbelievable levels of denial.

I’d argue CU is the most important brand to P12 right now. You’d think the P12 media would call this out but instead they kind of want us gone.

Which is all to say wtf is going on here.

We’re obviously polarizing. With Prime, we’re both loved by some national media and then hated by our own conference media. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Agree, it’s hard to take issue with what he said here. Basically we’re staying in the Pac-12 unless it falls apart. The AAU mention against the B12 is not surprising and I’m glad he said it.

What makes this strange is the P12 media contingent keeps pushing us to the B12. Wilner had in the latest article the P12 could replace CU with SDSU and there would be no change in value.

What????

Yeah, ok let’s replace the hottest brand in CFB that will draw the highest ratings during this next contract with a G5 school and act like it’s no big deal. Unbelievable levels of denial.

I’d argue CU is the most important brand to P12 right now. You’d think the P12 media would call this out but instead they kind of want us gone.

Which is all to say wtf is going on here.

We’re obviously polarizing. With Prime, we’re both loved by some national media and then hated by our own conference media. I’ve never seen anything like it.
I loved that Phil emphasized a 5 year media deal, 7 years max. CU does not want to be tied down. Emphasizing the importance of AAU means that we put that stuff together and it adds up to the goal & plan is a drive towards the Big Ten. Until then, staying connected to academic peers while adding So Cal back in and moving into the DFW market makes a ton of sense.

Reading in-between the lines, Mr Magoo sounds like he expects low streaming with over $32k million per school for 5 years and soon.
If GK can do that then the PAC stays alive. Funny thing is why would I start believing anything that comes out of Phil's mouth.

Reading in-between the lines, Mr Magoo sounds like he expects low streaming with over $32k million per school for 5 years and soon.
If GK can do that then the PAC stays alive. Funny thing is why would I start believing anything that comes out of Phil's mouth.
$32K million per school! Wow! According to math, that's $32 BILLION!!!

Dr Evil GIF

Look we all love CU and Coach Prime but it's s bit early on a Sunday to be this high
You honestly think head to head people will tune into Washington or Utah over us? Not happening. Not even ESPN believes that.

Now Oregon, let’s see. I still think we out draw them.

Not sure how to do a clean post, but here is an article quoting our clown chancellor…

We can always leave for the Big Ten instead of the Big 12 at the end of this decade. But I don't think we are going back to the Big 12 anytime soon.

The only thing that matters is the ink drying on the new media rights deal and knowing what fans are going to get out of it.

My dad watched the Spring Game from Miami and detached from CU.

”How did you guys get ESPN to do that and you had Fowler and RG3?”

“I felt like I was watching an infomercial for CU.“

This got me thinking. What was ESPN up to? Im sure they see all the social media clicks. They see the recruting. Was this like a little ratings test for ESPN to factor i to heir bidding?

This got me thinking. What was ESPN up to? Im sure they see all the social media clicks. They see the recruting. Was this like a little ratings test for ESPN to factor i to heir bidding?
Possibly. I think ESPN skates to where the puck is going not where it’s been. They know 2022 means nothing and we are a top draw now.

On a different note, two weeks back the CU Barstool account posted a tweet with the B12 flag that got a lot of attention. I noticed today it was deleted. I wonder if RG had a talk with the admin about knocking off the B12 stuff.

Possibly. I think ESPN skates to where the puck is going not where it’s been. They know 2022 means nothing and we are a top draw now.

On a different note, two weeks back the CU Barstool account posted a tweet with the B12 flag that got a lot of attention. I noticed today it was deleted. I wonder if RG had a talk with the admin about knocking off the B12 stuff.

Deion Sanders’ Colorado Buffaloes draw impressive spring game audience for ESPN

This game averaged 551,000 viewers on ESPN, and 247,000 viewers in the 18-49 demographic. And the 247,000 viewers it got in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic was a solid number.

That’s an impressive number for a college football scrimmage. As per Jon Lewis at Sports Media Watch, that’s the second-largest audience for any spring game in seven years. Some of that is about being on the main network, of course; while ESPN aired almost three dozen spring games this year across its various linear and streaming platforms, this was the only one on the main ESPN channel (and only one other one, Georgia’s last week, aired on ESPN2.)

Things are going to heat up in the next month or so. SDSU needs to inform the MWC by June 30 about leaving the conference.

Matches Satisfying GIF

Talks about Info from 365Sports POD Cast.

IF this is true I don't see how all 10 schools sign,

20% Linear- 80% Apple Streaming

$ less than Big12

Believe this or not ... Laugh ...whatever.
Will be interesting to see if this ends up coming true or not.

Talks about Info from 365Sports POD Cast.

IF this is true I don't see how all 10 schools sign,

20% Linear- 80% Apple Streaming

$ less than Big12

Believe this or not ... Laugh ...whatever.
Will be interesting to see if this ends up coming true or not.

Damn, I’ll have to take the bait and laugh. You’re sharing a literal Baylor football podcast with what looks to have a very small reach outside of Waco.

Not saying it's true. Taking receipts as Coach says. Going to be interesting to see who gets it right.
Fair enough.

Fwiw, I don't think anyone who is talking really knows and I'm much more likely to take notice of potential credibility if there's a positive report from Big 12 shills or a negative report from Pac-12 shills.

New Mexico ??
Ugh
UNM makes sense as a non-football member. R1, flagship, geography, history with some current members. We'd love it for hoops and The Pit as a venue. But football is sad, population is less that Nebraska, and there's not much to recruit from their state prep ranks. Would be a strange take.

Back