What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dave Logan to csu?

The three most important things you need to fill a stadium are location, location, location.

CSU would have better luck attracting 50K fans if they moved the stadium a little closer to their alumni. The new CSU stadium should be built on their Denver campus.

Still wouldn't matter, have you seen the upper deck on the east side of SAFMH the last few years? I could count the number of people in it.

The three most important things you need to fill a stadium are location, location, location.

CSU would have better luck attracting 50K fans if they moved the stadium a little closer to their alumni. The new CSU stadium should be built on their Denver campus.

Great idea.

Now all CSU needs is a Denver campus. Any idea what they might spend on that?

Still wouldn't matter, have you seen the upper deck on the east side of SAFMH the last few years? I could count the number of people in it.

The NFL has priced Joe Sixpack out of the market for season tickets.

I do agree with you, though. I think that CSU would have a tough time getting 50K in either Denver or Fort Collins when their schedule is made up of teams from non-AQ conferences. Even at $20 per ticket, there are only so many people who want to watch New Mexico versus CSU when there are more meaningful games on TV.

I think he was talking about Mile high during the Rocky Mountain Tickle Fest Presented by Cinch Jeans.

Oh. You guys meant that game that kicks off before noon and is hosted by Argus and the Denver PD.

Nevermind.

Guys, you're looking at this the wrong way - we should be praying they do get this built. It would do a couple things, both of which are good. 1) it would end the Denver game forever. That game is on it's last legs anyway, due to a variety of factors. Not the least of which is the toxic atmosphere that surrounds that facility. 2) it would put pressure on CU to upgrade it's facilities. This could be the kick in the ass our administration has needed.

The idea that they can't fill their current 25K stadium, so how could they fill a 50K stadium is valid. I'd counter that by bringing up the issue of Sports Authority/Invesco/Mile High stadium and it's less than enjoyable atmosphere. Hughes is a dump. It's in the middle of nowhere. There's two roads into the place, both of which get clogged with traffic on gameday regardless of the actual attendance. The students can't walk to the stadium. It's not a part of the university itself. Put the stadium on campus and all that changes. Does it change enough to put 50K into the stands? No. It does help, though.

I applaud Graham and his willingness to think big. Big thinkers accomplish big things. Even if he falls short, he will have raised the bar in Ft. Collins. Good for him.

Guys, you're looking at this the wrong way - we should be praying they do get this built. It would do a couple things, both of which are good. 1) it would end the Denver game forever. That game is on it's last legs anyway, due to a variety of factors. Not the least of which is the toxic atmosphere that surrounds that facility. 2) it would put pressure on CU to upgrade it's facilities. This could be the kick in the ass our administration has needed.

The idea that they can't fill their current 25K stadium, so how could they fill a 50K stadium is valid. I'd counter that by bringing up the issue of Sports Authority/Invesco/Mile High stadium and it's less than enjoyable atmosphere. Hughes is a dump. It's in the middle of nowhere. There's two roads into the place, both of which get clogged with traffic on gameday regardless of the actual attendance. The students can't walk to the stadium. It's not a part of the university itself. Put the stadium on campus and all that changes. Does it change enough to put 50K into the stands? No. It does help, though.

I applaud Graham and his willingness to think big. Big thinkers accomplish big things. Even if he falls short, he will have raised the bar in Ft. Collins. Good for him.

closet ram fan

About 20 years ago I would have felt the same. The way their fans are towards CU, **** them. I hope they continue sucking and beign the laughing stock of the state. **** that joke of a program and their dumb ass fans. I wish nothing but the worst for them.

I think in this situation Bohn needs to be ruthless. Tell them the game stays at SA@MH and if they don't like that then 2 in Boulder 1 in Ft. Collins.

I'm serious too. I'm sick of CU supporting CSU's football team and getting ripped by their fans and the local media despite the welfare.

closet ram fan

About 20 years ago I would have felt the same. The way their fans are towards CU, **** them. I hope they continue sucking and beign the laughing stock of the state. **** that joke of a program and their dumb ass fans. I wish nothing but the worst for them.

Not even in the closet - I want CSU to do well. Their fans are irrelevant. So they hate CU? I probably would if I were them, too. No big deal. In all honesty, I'd love it if the CU/CSU game were always played on campus, and was always played at the end of the year, and was between two ranked teams from BCS conferences. Building a 50K stadium is the first step in that process. There are many more that they'll need to take, but I applaud them for trying to take that first step. It will help us, too.

I think in this situation Bohn needs to be ruthless. Tell them the game stays at SA@MH and if they don't like that then 2 in Boulder 1 in Ft. Collins.

I'm serious too. I'm sick of CU supporting CSU's football team and getting ripped by their fans and the local media despite the welfare.

Wait a minute here... I thought we all hated the game at Invesco. I know I do. I probably won't go again. So now we're saying that Bohn needs to demand to keep it there? That makes no sense at all. Either we want it there or we don't. The correct answer is "we don't".

Not even in the closet - I want CSU to do well. Their fans are irrelevant. So they hate CU? I probably would if I were them, too. No big deal. In all honesty, I'd love it if the CU/CSU game were always played on campus, and was always played at the end of the year, and was between two ranked teams from BCS conferences. Building a 50K stadium is the first step in that process. There are many more that they'll need to take, but I applaud them for trying to take that first step. It will help us, too.

it might be different if you lived in ram country and had to deal with these assholes every day. They are like Nebraska fans but worse, because they can't sniff the history and tradition Nebraska fans can claim. Oh and most CSU fans like Nebraska.

I'm tired of the double standard. If Mike Bohn said something about trying to raise $100 million dollars for football it would be front page news in the DP and on 9 news about how we are wasting money in these tough times blah blah blah. They fire their AD, Football coach both with buyouts, and want a 100 million dollar on campus stadium and nobody says anything.

Wait a minute here... I thought we all hated the game at Invesco. I know I do. I probably won't go again. So now we're saying that Bohn needs to demand to keep it there? That makes no sense at all. Either we want it there or we don't. The correct answer is "we don't".

i sure as hell don't want it there. If CSU gets a new stadium they won't want it there either. They would come hat in hand asking for Bohn to do CSU another favor. Great time to show our power. We should not be playing CSU every year home and away. We would do that for Wyoming or New Mexico. Why are we doing it for CSU?

i sure as hell don't want it there. If CSU gets a new stadium they won't want it there either. They would come hat in hand asking for Bohn to do CSU another favor. Great time to show our power. We should not be playing CSU every year home and away. We would do that for Wyoming or New Mexico. Why are we doing it for CSU?

Because CSU is different and you know it.

Great idea.

Now all CSU needs is a Denver campus. Any idea what they might spend on that?

What? This little storefront on17th and Glenarm doesn't count? There may be a really nice alley behind it.

CSU-Denver-Center.jpg

I'm tired of the double standard. If Mike Bohn said something about trying to raise $100 million dollars for football it would be front page news in the DP and on 9 news about how we are wasting money in these tough times blah blah blah. They fire their AD, Football coach both with buyouts, and want a 100 million dollar on campus stadium and nobody says anything.

If Mike Bohn said something about raising $100MM, he would probably have the smarts to already have around $75MM of that accounted for.

Interesting thing about this "double standard" you speak of. Troy Renck (DP sports writer) spoke at my Rotary club last week. He mentioned that CU is "still on their radar", but that CSU "might as well be on the moon". Yeah, we get more attention than they do, and most of it negative because they can get away with it. At least they still care.

And back on topic for a second - Dave Logan isn't even the best high school coach in the state. If CSU hires him, it will be a collossal mistake.

Does Ohio state play @ Ohio?
Does LSU play @ Louisiana?
Does Texas play @ Texas st?

Does Florida play at Florida State?
Does Iowa play at Iowa State?
Does South Carolina play at Clemson?

That's the kind of thing I envision. I don't know if it'll ever get there, but it could. That would be great for everybody involved.

Because CSU is different and you know it.

Totally different. But CSU has risen up to think they can bully us into anything. Bohn has pissed me off by kowtowing to their demands. Now is the time to take back the flagship status. They should be happy we are playing them every year. We bring out the fans, both our and theirs. We will have a small window of time to take advantage.

I'm tired of being a paper enemy. If we are going to be treated like the villains then lets embrace it. Give them a reason to hate us.

Totally different. But CSU has risen up to think they can bully us into anything. Bohn has pissed me off by kowtowing to their demands. Now is the time to take back the flagship status. They should be happy we are playing them every year. We bring out the fans, both our and theirs. We will have a small window of time to take advantage.

I'm tired of being a paper enemy. If we are going to be treated like the villains then lets embrace it. Give them a reason to hate us.

So you would rather keep the game at Invesco, just to piss off CSU?

So you would rather keep the game at Invesco, just to piss off CSU?

Nope, I don't believe it will come to that.

I HOPE what he is saying is that we should use that leverage and make it a 2 for 1 home and away.

:nod: I think we could offer them the 2 for 1 or something similar. I would even be nice and allow them to play us at Ft. Collins for the first game in their new stadium.

They wouldn't let us back out of the deal if we wanted to.

Maybe I'm just being an asshole but I'm sick of being the bad school and fans for no ****ing reason.

If Mike Bohn said something about raising $100MM, he would probably have the smarts to already have around $75MM of that accounted for.

Interesting thing about this "double standard" you speak of. Troy Renck (DP sports writer) spoke at my Rotary club last week. He mentioned that CU is "still on their radar", but that CSU "might as well be on the moon". Yeah, we get more attention than they do, and most of it negative because they can get away with it. At least they still care.

Being still on the radar of those guys means that CU is still targeted by mortar rounds and the occational missile strike.

When it comes to the DP, no press is better than bad press.

Nope, I don't believe it will come to that.

:nod: I think we could offer them the 2 for 1 or something similar. I would even be nice and allow them to play us at Ft. Collins for the first game in their new stadium.

They wouldn't let us back out of the deal if we wanted to.

Maybe I'm just being an asshole but I'm sick of being the bad school and fans for no ****ing reason other than because they serve us fries because we are just better, smarter, and better looking than them
fify. No offense State girls, but you got all that cali competition at CU. Feel free to prove me wrong :smile2:

Being still on the radar of those guys means that CU is still targeted by mortar rounds and the occational missile strike.

When it comes to the DP, no press is better than bad press.

I agree completely. In my perfect world, CU has a stadium with 80K seats and fills it every week. No way does the DP mess with a school that commands more attendance than the Broncos. It's probably a pipe dream, but I'd dearly love to see it happen.

Conference realignments are making this interesting. Let's see -- csewe fires their AD & HC, claims to have uncovered really rich and willing doner(s), and further state that they plan on building new facilities including a stadium.

Just in time to be a part of a conference with 5 schools.

They must have some serious donors lined up - cause they will end up paying out Fairchild and their AD to the tune of a little over $1MM in total

Conference realignments are making this interesting. Let's see -- csewe fires their AD & HC, claims to have uncovered really rich and willing doner(s), and further state that they plan on building new facilities including a stadium.

Just in time to be a part of a conference with 5 schools.

Just a hunch, but I'd bet that CSU is making a play to be part of the Big 12 once it goes back to 12 teams.

Back