What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dave Logan to csu?

part of me hopes they get a stadium on campus and a huge practice facility, then maybe our donors will step up and start kicking money to our program.

Did just have a conversation with a friend of mine whose family is well-connected at CSU. He says they do have deep-pocket donors willing to commit cash, but that they're hesitant to jump in right now. He confirmed that the new AD is just all bluster right now, and hasn't actually raised a cent.

Did just have a conversation with a friend of mine whose family is well-connected at CSU. He says they do have deep-pocket donors willing to commit cash, but that they're hesitant to jump in right now. He confirmed that the new AD is just all bluster right now, and hasn't actually raised a cent.

That is a very risky game to play. He could kill the entire program by pulling a stunt like that.

Meaning they aren't willing to commit cash.

What's stopping them? The fact that they are donating to csu?

Basically they want to see signs of life before jumping in. He did say that Stryker might be willing to commit A LOT of cash - like funding most the new stadium herself.

Basically they want to see signs of life before jumping in. He did say that Stryker might be willing to commit A LOT of cash - like funding most the new stadium herself.

:lol: Chicken or the egg situation.

This is so hilarious. Everybody loves to talk a big game and big bucks, but I guarantee you Pat Stryker's inner circle if financial advisors are saying that this would be the worst investment of her life.

This is so hilarious. Everybody loves to talk a big game and big bucks, but I guarantee you Pat Stryker's inner circle if financial advisors are saying that this would be the worst investment of her life.

It's not an investment. It's an attempt at immortality.

CSU prez confirms Ram fan's worst nightmare regarding a new on-campus stadium:

"Well, I think we’ll try hard to get there. Immediately, when you say something like that, people say, ‘Where are you going to get the money?’ We don’t know. We haven’t raised a penny for it. There’s not been a cent committed."

lol

"Well, I think we’ll try hard to get there. Immediately, when you say something like that, people say, ‘Where are you going to get the money?’ We don’t know. We haven’t raised a penny for it. There’s not been a cent committed."

lol

Truth hurts for sheep fans. 0% is a pretty crappy start.

$0 raised. Back to reality.
Just an outspoken-booster-turned AD blowing smoke about CSU 'going bigtime'. Like an injured, cornered animal, knowing the end is near.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol
Link?

lol

What?? No Pat Styker Stadium featuring the Sonny Lubick North End Zone?!?!?

Damn, that sucks for them. They want so desperately to be relevant, but they just can't get there.

I’d stack us up academically with almost every institution in the Big 12. You might leave Texas out because of the massive size, but I’d put us up with the rest. I don’t think that we frequently get thought of in that area.”

CSU president Tony Frank looks into the mirror and pretends that he sees Brad Pitt.

Well I know I've been the crusty bastard telling Rammie that it was all a hoax to make them think that something big was happening when it wasn't. Told you so lambs.

Back