What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dave Logan to csu?

I wouldn't be worried about McElwain. Coordinator for one of the country's elite programs hasn't had any interest by any legit teams

I'd prefer Ft. Collins over Fresneck. Does McElwain have school aged kids? That would go far in my decision.

I think this is the best hire CSU could make. I'm not sure if he will make them much better but he was one of the better coaches available.

I'd prefer Ft. Collins over Fresneck. Does McElwain have school aged kids? That would go far in my decision.

I think this is the best hire CSU could make. I'm not sure if he will make them much better but he was one of the better coaches available.
Let's not forget that almost everyone had McElwain on their short list last year ....... If he is marginally successful in the Fort, he would be gone for greener pastures in no time. I see the CSU job as being the same as the Wyo job - a place for on-the-job training in order to move up the coaching chain.

Yep sounds like McElwain to CSU. Good hire on paper for them... I bet he won't do anything tho

Yep sounds like McElwain to CSU. Good hire on paper for them... I bet he won't do anything tho

Yep, graveyard of coaching. They even ended up firing the trashmouth saviour. Ft. Fun detroys all that fall into its grasp. Kind of like the Heat Miser, What ever I touch, starts to melt in my clutch!

All depends on the staff he assembles. When he was talked about as a candidate for CU, that was my major concern. I am not convinced his coaching contacts to assemble a good staff are all that extensive.

The University's first capital fundraising campaign was huge sucess. Almost $500MM in 3 years.: http://www.campaign.colostate.edu/index.aspx

It can be done and with the President finally acknowledging that athletics is a partial lense through which many view the academic credibility of the University, I am hopeful a similar capital campaign will get this on-campus stadium project done.

hmmm, I see something called the $500 million comprehensive campaign that says "seeks to complete a $500 million fundraising effort in the next three years," but where does it say that number has been achieved? I see a bunch of single digit million donations, a couple for more and one in-kind donation of $44.5 million (which means a matching fund, right?). I don't see any article that totals it up, let alone to $500 million. So this is just a campaign name, right?

hmmm, I see something called the $500 million comprehensive campaign that says "seeks to complete a $500 million fundraising effort in the next three years," but where does it say that number has been achieved? I see a bunch of single digit million donations, a couple for more and one in-kind donation of $44.5 million (which means a matching fund, right?). I don't see any article that totals it up, let alone to $500 million. So this is just a campaign name, right?

To be fair, these campaigns often include pledges in their calculations for reaching their total. So what they've actually received is almost always a lot less than what they show as raised.

All depends on the staff he assembles. When he was talked about as a candidate for CU, that was my major concern. I am not convinced his coaching contacts to assemble a good staff are all that extensive.
Exactly, it's not like any Bama coaches would be following him.

wtf-photos-videos-like-a-boss.jpg

It has to be said...

:lol:

soooo tired of the Logan coaching thing.....and I like Dave he is a Buff ! Please people - stop bringing his name up for every local position. He is not wanted outside of the borders and average at the high school level. this is Colorado.

soooo tired of the Logan coaching thing.....and I like Dave he is a Buff ! Please people - stop bringing his name up for every local position. He is not wanted outside of the borders and average at the high school level. this is Colorado.
Someone has his sarcasm detector turned off today ....

Welcome to Allbuffs Dave! It is about time you stopped by and got to know the group. Now would you start sending more of your talent up to CU when we want them? I mean, 1 a year is just not cutting it. You are a better Buff than that. Come On!

Better than I thought it would be for them. Still will be interested to see who he gets for his staff.

He's still going to be coaching in the national championship game right?

If so, he's not going to have much time this year to assemble a staff AND recruit anybody

I don't think McElwain is really a great coach, but he is the biggest splash that CSU could make, so good for them.

Will say that I'm extremely jealous that they've apparently found a way to turn on the spigot with their donors who are basically privately funding their buyouts, their new coaching staff, and their facility upgrades.

kill this thread!! Dave is going to be at mullen (playing a big game next season in cali), doing Bronco games and his radio show

I now know 2 things about Buffup:
1. He really loves logan. A lot.
2. He don't read good.

I now know 2 things about Buffup:
1. He really loves logan. A lot.
2. He don't read good.

actually **** dave logan (like him because he is a Buff), I just get tired of seeing his name for every coaching position in Colorado - he is set and happy

Back