What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not talking about paying anybody 10x what they can make elsewhere and so I think you are overstating what money can do. People make career decisions for all sorts of reasons and money is only one of them.

And I'd argue that money seems to talk a bit in sports. I don't imagine he's making a ton of money as the Seahawks Passing Game Coordinator. Offer him good money and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We're not talking about paying anybody 10x what they can make elsewhere and so I think you are overstating what money can do. People make career decisions for all sorts of reasons and money is only one of them.

Yep.

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

I hear it's a culture issue.

Petri to LA Tech per Coaching Search ticker. Likely next DC still in NFL playoffs at this point. Either go off of MM's comments of DC should have PAC 12 experience or this coach has worked with MM in the past. Doubt we've struck out as much as we assume.

Off to germinate in Central Louisiana. Another swab story for CU fans.

And I'd argue that money seems to talk a bit in sports. I don't imagine he's making a ton of money as the Seahawks Passing Game Coordinator. Offer him good money and see what happens.

Money means a lot, but you are overstating its reach as it pertains to the CU defensive coordinator position. He has good job security in Seattle and is likely in line for much better jobs in the next 2-3 years. Coming back to the college game to turn around a Pac-12 bottom feeder is likely not too appealing.

Money means a lot, but you are overstating its reach as it pertains to the CU defensive coordinator position. He has good job security in Seattle and is likely in line for much better jobs in the next 2-3 years. Coming back to the college game to turn around a Pac-12 bottom feeder is likely not too appealing.

Just offering possibilities. Maybe he wants to come back to the college game. Maybe he likes the challenge of coming here. Maybe he isn't happy in Seattle. All possibilities.

I still think money has one of the loudest voice in a world of egomaniac's.

Just offering possibilities. Maybe he wants to come back to the college game. Maybe he likes the challenge of coming here. Maybe he isn't happy in Seattle. All possibilities.

If he is not happy in Seattle, he can find other jobs with much less risk. But something tells me he is very happy in Seattle (wife is originally from there) and the possibilities you are offering just sound a lot like wishful thinking.

No is disputing your assertion that money is important.

Yep, and with the NFL's financial struggles and CU being flush with cash, why on earth would he NOT come to CU?

If he is not happy in Seattle, he can find other jobs with much less risk. But something tells me he is very happy in Seattle (wife is originally from there) and the possibilities you are offering just sound a lot like wishful thinking.

No is disputing your assertion that money is important.

The possibilities are just things popping into my head as I wait. Seto is a Pac 12 guy, so if he wanted to come back to the conference he has limited options right now. Obviously this is all for not if he gets hired as a DC in the league, but that hasn't happened yet so god dammit I'm gonna believe.

Yep, and with the NFL's financial struggles and CU being flush with cash, why on earth would he NOT come to CU?

Thanks for your smartass answer. Now please, go back and attempt to understand what I'm saying in my posts or hit the road, Jack.

That's the crux of it: does he prefer working with you people or professionals? CU's only shot at Seto is if he's itching to get back on a college campus. The NFL opportunities seem like they're going to be there for him if he chooses that career path.

That's the crux of it: does he prefer working with you people or professionals? CU's only shot at Seto is if he's itching to get back on a college campus. The NFL opportunities seem like they're going to be there for him if he chooses that career path.
I think if CU was to have a shot with Seto he would of had to been the hire 2 years ago when Bradley was still the DC. Now though? Why leave when Quinn is gone in a few weeks or a year from now at most.

I think if CU was to have a shot with Seto he would of had to been the hire 2 years ago when Bradley was still the DC. Now though? Why leave when Quinn is gone in a few weeks or a year from now at most.

Maybe he isn't going to get the promotion?

It wasn't that long ago that he thought he was going to UCLA to be their DC. He must have some interest in the college game.

It wasn't that long ago that he thought he was going to UCLA to be their DC. He must have some interest in the college game.

Sark tried to get him to take the Washington DC job, too. Interest but Seto had given his word to a player that he'd stay put through then next year and wouldn't go back on it.

Sark tried to get him to take the Washington DC job, too. Interest but Seto had given his word to a player that he'd stay put through then next year and wouldn't go back on it.
Interesting - I hadn't read about that opportunity.

Have Seto and MMac crossed paths? I am not saying that is required; but if the had some familiarity Seto coming to CU would seem more likely. I would be happy if it happens. I just think it is a long long shot.
I don't think the delay in naming a DC means it's more likely to be a coach on one of the remaining active NFL teams. My guess is the delay is MMac being thorough and specifically stating what he wants which may not match with some of the candidates, MMacs desire to be part of the DC planning could have turned off Gibbs who knows.
I also don't think we are striking out left and right, maybe wishful thinking. When we hire a really promising young DC, we'll know the answer. Keep that positive energy out there.

Seto also seemingly loves working for Pete Carroll. No reason to think he'd up and be unhappy now randomly.

Dewayne Walker people. That's where we need to set our hopes and dreams!

Have Seto and MMac crossed paths? I am not saying that is required; but if the had some familiarity Seto coming to CU would seem more likely. I would be happy if it happens. I just think it is a long long shot.
I don't think the delay in naming a DC means it's more likely to be a coach on one of the remaining active NFL teams. My guess is the delay is MMac being thorough and specifically stating what he wants which may not match with some of the candidates, MMacs desire to be part of the DC planning could have turned off Gibbs who knows.
I also don't think we are striking out left and right, maybe wishful thinking. When we hire a really promising young DC, we'll know the answer. Keep that positive energy out there.

Mac was a coach for the Jets the same time Dan Quinn was coaching for the Jets. There certainly appears to be familiarity with Seattle's coaching staff to make an introduction.

the delay is not random.

either we are striking out left and right and scrambling to find the right guy or we are waiting for someone who is involved in other things right now, like the playoffs. or a combo of both.

please, mr. unicorn, shat forth a glorious dc riding a rainbow waterfall of recruiting triumph.

Unfortunately, this is what I'm hearing...

If Clune and Orlando took lateral conference moves rather than get an offer from Mac, then Mac better hire a name that would make those hypothetical hires here look small time by comparison. Otherwise a Mountain West team and an AAC team just clowned us.

If Clune and Orlando took lateral conference moves rather than get an offer from Mac, then Mac better hire a name that would make those hypothetical hires here look small time by comparison. Otherwise a Mountain West team and an AAC team just clowned us.

They weren't offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back