What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy is the new DC, then CU needs to do a better job in its public relations. I don't see how this hire would meet any of the qualities MM said he was looking for when he spoke to the press before. Last time I checked, CMU was no where near the Pacific Ocean or PAC 12 country, they aren't a P5 school, etc.

everyone knows I tend to be an optimist and think HCMM can turn this around. But I'll be pretty demoralized if we are to be impressed with a hire that doesn't even match the qualities they said were so important. Maybe he's a great coach but the way this was handled, if it's true, will be a major failure.

So I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow instead by a different announcement.

So Joe Tumpkins is the new DC. I don't know much about him.

Well, it looks like my prediction was a thud, sorry about that boys.

if the new DC is also going to coach lbs, Tumkin would seem to fit the description, as he has a history as a lb position coach. I wonder if he was the backup plan, and they couldn't land their top guy.

I always think lf allbuffs as a dumpster fire. But it's my dumpster fire. **** you cl34. Cl34, what kind of name is that?

I guess now everyone has low expectations with Tumpkin as DC so we can further exceed those when it's not him.

I guess now everyone has low expectations with Tumpkin as DC so we can further exceed those when it's not him.
Would be a brilliant move wouldn't it? Given the high expectations that the original hot board created, then the 2 month wait and the angry masses that have followed. Day before the announcement intentionally leak a guy most people would be disappointed in in order to hit us in the mouth with someone we'd think is a.) better than baer, and b.) better than the leaked name. RG and HCMM seem to be pretty savvy but not sure they pulled that one off.

Per footballscoop, Bumpas is retiring from TCU. Maybe he wants a change of scenery, but isn't ready to hang it up just yet. That would be an exciting hire without a doubt.

No clue on who it is, but hope it is as good as everyone is hinting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****, if this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

Red wine and bath tubs IMO.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Like the DB hire.

As for Tumpkin? Ugh. Didn't it take home like 5 years at Central freaking Michigan to finally field a quality defense? Last I checked we have maybe two years. This isn't gonna save MM

NCAA rankings for TOTAL DEFENSE since he arrived in 2010...

YEARRANKTEAMGPLAYSYDSYDS/PLAYOPP TDSYPG
201429Central Mich. 13 849 4621 5.44 40 355.5
201367Central Mich.128314862 5.85 N/A 405.2
201289Central Mich. 13 9315641 6.06 54 433.92
201196Central Mich. 12 8685145 5.93 48 428.75
201066Central Mich. 12 8164524 5.54 39 377.00

DC is gonna be LB coach as well. I don't think Ball would come as DB coach

I think you're right. Ball will be the one calling the defense. Tumpkin is coming as LBs coach with a co-coordinator title. I think we're gonna see a third change tomorrow, too. I think it will come out that Neinas will be replaced by Chris Demarest from Hawaii-He was safeties/ST coach IIRC, and I think he'll get that same gig here. This makes sense for two reasons.....One, MM mentioned about a monthish ago to Ringo that there could be an additional change. Two, it makes sense given the feedback that has made its way over here from Rivals (we're gonna be happy with these moves when the names leak).....Neinas has been a punching bag for the better part of the two years he's been here.

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

It's been 2 months - what's another 12 hours?

I'm savoring it, there's a very dull period coming up if basketball can't start getting it's footing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we are just hours away from everyone knowing the secret. Still shocked this thing hasn't formally leaked yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back