What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Decision Day #2 Thread

DP is reporting that Davis is flying to Charlotte for the Belk Bowl Game Presser with the SID from the school. That's not good news...

Not the actions taken by a coach that is interested in taken the CU job. I hope I am wrong but doesn't look like he is interested. The best we can hope for now, is that he stays silent for a couple of more days, this will give us the chance to go after another guy secretly. Let the Butch Jones story occupy the headlines. In my opinion Butch Jones is not the best candidate, could be a blessing in disguise.

Not the actions taken by a coach that is interested in taken the CU job. I hope I am wrong but doesn't look like he is interested. The best we can hope for now, is that he stays silent for a couple of more days, this will give us the chance to go after another guy secretly.

Yeah he's clearly not interested despite coming to Boulder for 9 hours, cancelled his early flight, and is horribly conflicted about what job to take...

Not the actions taken by a coach that is interested in taken the CU job. I hope I am wrong but doesn't look like he is interested. The best we can hope for now, is that he stays silent for a couple of more days, this will give us the chance to go after another guy secretly. Let the Butch Jones story occupy the headlines. In my opinion Butch Jones is not the best candidate, could be a blessing in disguise.
it means nothing either way if he stays or goes...

Except people consider this a good job right now and a great job with new facilities.

No they don't. A coach that comes in here is facing a major rebuilding job with marginal support from the school. We are not in a recruiting hotbed so recruiting is a major challenge. A guy that comes in is looking at a losing record for a couple of years - not something that everyone wants on their resume.

No they don't. A coach that comes in here is facing a major rebuilding job with marginal support from the school. We are not in a recruiting hotbed so recruiting is a major challenge. A guy that comes in is looking at a losing record for a couple of years - not something that everyone wants on their resume.

Not from what I've heard through multiple media outlets.

I am not so sure that I buy the "horribly conflicted" line that everyone is throwing around. It's not like he is choosing which of his three kids to save from a burning building. It's pretty apparent that he is playing us for a better deal elsewhere. None of the other coaches who have been hired recently or who are in the process of being hired have acted like this and drug things out publicly. Purdue got the message, perhaps it is time for us to do the same.

I think that was true before they decided to spend +$2.5M on a coach with guaranteed facility upgrades. The admin could still do something about admissions/majors offered to get more talent here and recruiting is tough, but not any tougher than competing against OSU, Michigan and Penn State for recruits, but the state of Colorado is not a hotbed so travel becomes an issue.

The way I measure a job is: Can you win and win big here?

The answer at Colorado is yes and yes. Colorado has many disadvantages to go with the advantages, but so does 95% of our competition. There are only so many Texas, Florida, USC's in the world that have every conceivable advantage in their lap.

If that was true we wouldn't be waiting breathlessly by the phone waiting for a Big Least coach to get back to us. Damn

This Big Least Coach has been interviewed for Big 10, Pac 12 and SEC jobs. He is a legit target.

The way I measure a job is: Can you win and win big here?

The answer at Colorado is yes and yes. Colorado has many disadvantages to go with the advantages, but so does 95% of our competition. There are only so many Texas, Florida, USC's in the world that have every conceivable advantage in their lap.

Agreed.

Also, I view the current state of our program as a possible plus as well. There's really no pressure to win a bunch of games. Just show basic improvement and start winning a few and you're fine. You can show you know how to build a program from nothing.

I don't know how much more committed CU can be to football after Auburn signed their new coach to a contract that is $200k less than what CU offered Jones. That is a school that just won the National Championship and allegedly bought a QB for $180,000.00.

The $2.5 million figure is what Wisconsin was paying their coach as well.

It's also a school that paid the former coach $7.5 million to leave. That doesn't include the assistants. If you include the assistants, the buyout might be closer to $9.5 million. Not a lot of money to offer the new coach.

I feel you pain guys, this is getting a bit tiresome. If he does leave UC I will be upset that he continued to do the pressers. There is no way he decides to leave and is allowed and/or wants to coach us in that bowl, and if he does, your AD really does have his head up his ass. That is prime recruiting time you all would miss out on.

I feel you pain guys, this is getting a bit tiresome. If he does leave UC I will be upset that he continued to do the pressers. There is no way he decides to leave and is allowed and/or wants to coach us in that bowl, and if he does, your AD really does have his head up his ass. That is prime recruiting time you all would miss out on.

It isn't uncommon for a departing coach to do their bowl game. I believe the Belk Bowl is during the dead period anyway. And CU has a tiny class this cycle anyway.

Nothing new around here.

What the word for those in chat ?

Last I heard is there may be a players meeting in Cincy right now. Are we waiting to see how fast news breaks from that ?

I have a feeling he is going to get grabbed, if not by us. Then another school next year. Just depend what job he wants to take.

Back