What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does it piss you off as much as it pisses me off....

How do you feel about CSU in a bowl game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Speaking of pissing:
Boise State QB has polygraph to prove he didn't pee off balcony (link)

A classic who-dun-it.

The best part: Upon returning to Boise, Southwick took a polygraph test to prove he, in fact, did not pee off the balcony.
"Really, this gives me a leg to stand on," Southwick told KTVB regarding the polygraph.

More like a third leg.

Does anyone else see this as another potential sign that the program that has been Boise State for the last decade is in danger of crumbling down in a heap.

Have they had their run of success and now revert back to simply being what should still be a fairly successful non-BCS level program instead of the national darlings and the "BCS busters."

I can't see the school continuing to fund them like a BCS conference school without having BCS level revenues coming in over the long run.

Does anyone else see this as another potential sign that the program that has been Boise State for the last decade is in danger of crumbling down in a heap.

Have they had their run of success and now revert back to simply being what should still be a fairly successful non-BCS level program instead of the national darlings and the "BCS busters."

I can't see the school continuing to fund them like a BCS conference school without having BCS level revenues coming in over the long run.

No - I see it as college students being, well, college students. I just think its a bit of an over-reaction to send a kid home for this, unless he targeted someone below the balcony or caused significant damage to something. I do find the situation amusing, however, especially going to the lengths of getting a polygraph.

Was Mtn serious with that post?

Just as a thought. Boise had a down year by their standards, they lost their coach, they haven't been the media darling this year.

I have no doubt that things like peeing off balconies (even if he claims he didn't) in past years. When you have +/- 85 college kids enjoying a bowl trip it's hare to imagine something much bigger not happening. How is it now that it comes out and the QB gets sent home instead of them finding a way to ignore it.

In the grand scheme of things not a big deal, maybe no deal, but it kind of fits with a pattern of Boise potentially having had their run of success and now starting to fall back to the pack.

I think the NCAA penalties causing Boise State to lose its AD and the general economic problems in the Boise metro are the main bad signs for them right now. There's a shift from the 'everything is coming up roses' positivity they had going for a long time.

I think the NCAA penalties causing Boise State to lose its AD and the general economic problems in the Boise metro are the main bad signs for them right now. There's a shift from the 'everything is coming up roses' positivity they had going for a long time.
Are they still selling out their games? I realize there's other factors like donations maybe down as well as spending at the games. I think Boise had it's run, it's hard to sustain that kind of thing at a mid-major conference. Maybe they'll be relevant here and there. I mean if they go undefeated, they could very well not being playing the playoff depending on their schedule.

It's hard to sustain that kind of run anywhere, mid-major conference or not.

A little - But, this pisses me off more...

"McElwain becomes almost giddy when talking about three big freshman wide receivers who redshirted in 2013: Sammie Long (6-foot-3, 180 pounds), Elroy Masters (6-2, 208) and Xavier Williams (6-3, 205)".

They can get receivers like this ^^... Do we not even try?? and quit trying about 7/8 years ago??

"McElwain becomes almost giddy when talking about three big freshman wide receivers who redshirted in 2013: Sammie Long (6-foot-3, 180 pounds), Elroy Masters (6-2, 208) and Xavier Williams (6-3, 205)".

They can get receivers like this ^^... Do we not even try?? and quit trying about 7/8 years ago??

The **** are you talking about?

The **** are you talking about?
more jealousy then pissed I guess - look at the size of the kids THEY GET TO RED SHIRT we have midgets and slow short guys... If they red shirt, they stay home or get in trouble and don't come back.

more jealousy then pissed I guess - look at the size of the kids THEY GET TO RED SHIRT we have midgets and slow short guys... If they red shirt, they stay home or get in trouble and don't come back.
Bryce Bobo - 6'3" 190
Elijah Dunston - 6'0" 185 w/ ~4.4 speed
Devin Ross - 5'10" 180 and PRich said he was faster than he was

Spruce is also 6'1". It's ok to have shorter guys in the slot. I'm not comparing any of these players to Welker but the best slot WR of all time is only 5'9". Lee Walker is 6'0" 180 as of Fall '12 and signed to Arizona initially, Dick Rod is a pretty good offensive mind and has a good history with receivers. Shay Fields, a WR taking a OV in January is 5'10" 170. Other than DD Goodson I'm not sure where you're seeing a bunch of short guys, and other than McCulloch as far as WR's who play none of them are slow, even Spruce. MacIntyre showed a little interest in Masters but it wasn't all that serious if I remember correctly. I watched the film on them from high school...other than all three having height they were pretty meh, def. not players at this point that I'm jealous about.

Bryce Bobo - 6'3" 190

Spruce is also 6'1". It's ok to have shorter guys in the slot. I'm not comparing any of these players to Welker but the best slot WR of all time is only 5'9". Lee Walker is 6'0" 180 as of Fall '12 and signed to Arizona initially, Dick Rod is a pretty good offensive mind and has a good history with receivers. Shay Fields, a WR taking a OV in January is 5'10" 170. Other than DD Goodson I'm not sure where you're seeing a bunch of short guys, and other than McCulloch as far as WR's who play none of them are slow, even Spruce. MacIntyre showed a little interest in Masters but it wasn't all that serious if I remember correctly. I watched the film on them from high school...other than all three having height they were pretty meh, def. not players at this point that I'm jealous about.
Stop explaining stuff to the CSU fan. He's clearly missing the point.

Bryce Bobo - 6'3" 190

Well see as they say.

I'm not really sure BuffUp's point was countered that well. We do not have much size at WR. We'll see how it works out in 2014.

Back