What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

I just worked on an IT RFP response for a State for a similar number where we only had about a month to craft the response. Damn thing came in at like 1200 pages too. Issuers don't care if the bidders have to kill themselves to make the dates.

At my old company we wouldn't bid sometimes because we just didnt have the time. Then I'd get a call after the deadline passed nicely asking me to please bid. The implication being because they either. A. Didn't get enough bids to satisfy the internal requirements or B. they liked my number on a historical basis.

But yeah, some of those really suck.

At my old company we wouldn't bid sometimes because we just didnt have the time. Then I'd get a call after the deadline passed nicely asking me to please bid. The implication being because they either. A. Didn't get enough bids to satisfy the internal requirements or B. they liked my number on a historical basis.

But yeah, some of those really suck.

I've had the same thing happen several times. Always a government bid.

When does the coaches contract require facility improvements to break ground? When does it require completion? Without those hard numbers to drive this, I unfortunately think nothing happens but new paint, score boards, etc. Superficial stuff.

When does the coaches contract require facility improvements to break ground? When does it require completion? Without those hard numbers to drive this, I unfortunately think nothing happens but new paint, score boards, etc. Superficial stuff.

Nope. Flat out wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and the evidence is what?

Well for starters RG going to the regents to present first than to the campus planning committee shows that RG is in a hurry to get this going. Contractors with hard hats and clip boards walking around the DW. Paperwork that has been posted here in recent days

Looks, to me, like RG if forging ahead with the intent of applying "incentive" to the big donors.

Well for starters RG going to the regents to present first than to the campus planning committee shows that RG is in a hurry to get this going. Contractors with hard hats and clip boards walking around the DW. Paperwork that has been posted here in recent days

village-people-construction-worker.jpg

So you've got no real response?

It's a real response. The Village People will be performing on campus, you know. Can't believe you didn't know that. They must have been at the Dal Ward, signing their performance contract.

It's a real response. The Village People will be performing on campus, you know. Can't believe you didn't know that. They must have been at the Dal Ward, signing their performance contract.

Are they opening for Lady Gaga? You know.....I would give just about anything for her to perform in Folsom just to piss off the sheeple up north.

There is work that is already being done on the areas that are being renovated and are not new construction.

For example:

The school also is nearly finished with remodeling the football coaches' offices and part of that project was expanding MacIntyre's office to include a lounge area where he can meet with players, visitors and recruits.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_24888988/colorado-football-macintyre-doesnt-covet-vanderbilt-job

Good... not sure where they got the space. I went into Embree's office and it was tiny and so bland.

There is work that is already being done on the areas that are being renovated and are not new construction.

For example:

The school also is nearly finished with remodeling the football coaches' offices and part of that project was expanding MacIntyre's office to include a lounge area where he can meet with players, visitors and recruits.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_24888988/colorado-football-macintyre-doesnt-covet-vanderbilt-job
better quote:

MacIntyre hung a picture on the wall of that new space of a snow-covered buffalo walking through a storm. He says the photo fuels his desire to continue what he has started in Boulder.
"I keep putting one foot in front of the other just like that buffalo," he said.
rep to the first person who posts a pic of the snow white buffalo.

Umm..hence the renovation. Not sure you thoroughly read the article there.

No, I read it earlier. Ted Miller, back when we joined, rated our facilities (#7) better than ASU's. This was a much needed update to Sun Devil Stadium, just as ours are a much needed update to the Dal Ward and Folsom. The point is that ASU's facilities are not great, and certainly no where near the Oregon level that you associated them with.

I am not comparing the OU and ASU facilities to one another, rather I am comparing the presentation of their facility upgrades, which both have a certain shock and awe factor. I hope that when our facility upgrades get to this phase that we can gain some traction with recruits and boosters through a similar campaign. You have to admit both presentations were impressive, no?

I am not comparing the OU and ASU facilities to one another, rather I am comparing the presentation of their facility upgrades, which both have a certain shock and awe factor. I hope that when our facility upgrades get to this phase that we can gain some traction with recruits and boosters through a similar campaign. You have to admit both presentations were impressive, no?

agree 100%

Back