What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo, Umu & Julmisse.

He had three incidents. Two non-violent and one violent. To my knowledge at least.

So that is the "tough" punishment to emulate? It is fine to argue Julmisse should not be allowed back, but Carrington is a dumb example to hold up of "doing it the right way" in regards to punishment.

So that is the "tough" punishment to emulate? It is fine to argue Julmisse should not be allowed back, but Carrington is a dumb example to hold up of "doing it the right way" in regards to punishment.

No Im saying we need to not value talent over character to that extent. Send the message that just because you can play football well doesn't meant that you have a free pass on something that serious.

Yes. Do you understand the plea deal in the article or not?

Yea, the man was offered a deal and took it. They had two witnesses. They probably have him in a lot of counseling or something as a stipulation. I've witnessed how DV cases go down, my friend was involved with one when his ex-girlfriend broke in to his apartment and assaulted his current girlfriend. She took a plea deal (entering unlawfully or harassment or something of that nature), has probation and extensive counseling. Maybe she didn't want to bury him with charges, the same way my friend didn't want to bury her and ruin her life. Idk look at my reasoning, if its so outlandish then disregard it. Im just opposed to Julmisse because I don't want that type of person representing CU. Ive made my point thoroughly enough haha so just take it for what it is worth.

Edit: This occurred in boulder in the last two years.

Yea, the man was offered a deal and took it. They probably have him in a lot of counseling or something as a stipulation. I've witnessed how DV cases go down, my friend was involved with one when his ex-girlfriend broke in to his apartment and assaulted his current girlfriend. She took a plea deal (entering unlawfully or harassment or something of that nature), has probation and extensive counseling. Maybe she didn't want to bury him with charges, the same way my friend didn't want to bury her and ruin her life. Idk look at my reasoning, if its so outlandish then disregard it. Im just opposed to Julmisse because I don't want that type of person representing CU. Ive made my point thoroughly enough haha so just take it for what it is worth.

All I am saying is that the initial police report and the actual guilty plea are wildly different, so just saying he beat his ex-girlfriend up is no better than saying nothing happened. If you want to argue he does not deserve another chance, have at it, but at least be somewhat cautious with phrasing. Because it matters a LOT in these cases.

Julmisse committed a crime like two weeks after the first. Different situations yea, but the same principle.

Worse, he was convicted of beating up his girlfriend who caught him cheating then stole someones phone following a car accident a few weeks after.

Put your mom, sister, girlfriend, wife, niece in that girls shoes and then tell me "Hell yes I want Julmisse back." Y'all seem like a bunch of freaks defending this clown.
Are you talking about Julmisse or Blake Robbins? Sorry I forgot my sarcasm font. I realize you haven't been around for awhile, but 90% of the people on here know everything you need to know about CU football. Don't act like a no it all because you are looking like a fool.

Dude, they have witnesses. Were you one of them or something? If he hadn't done any of it, there wouldn't be a plea deal. Maybe it was over exaggerated, who knows, but either way there were some serious issues going on with this kid and he injured a women to the point that the cops were contacted. This is a big issue ie. Greg Hardy, Ezekiel Elliot (look what happened to him with NO conviction.) I just want cu to steer clear. Not sure how that makes me a know it all for expressing my opinion and call me a fool for not wanting this guy all you want.

Did you actually read my post or not? Where did I imply nothing happened? I more took issue with you using extreme phrasing from the police report as purely factual. That is it. I am in no way trying to downplay the issue or am calling you names. I am merely saying at least choose your words a little more carefully.

Dude, they have witnesses. Were you one of them or something? If he hadn't done any of it, there wouldn't be a plea deal. Maybe it was over exaggerated, who knows, but either way there were some serious issues going on with this kid and he injured a women to the point that the cops were contacted. This is a big issue ie. Greg Hardy, Ezekiel Elliot (look what happened to him with NO conviction.) I just want cu to steer clear. Not sure how that makes me a know it all for expressing my opinion and call me a fool for not wanting this guy all you want.
I actually agree with the conclusion of your position (that we should steer clear of him), but I disagree with the statement "if he hadn't done any of it, there wouldn't be a plea deal". If I've learned anything from Law and Order (other than the definition of "hearsay"), I feel like one could definitely get in a situation where a plea deal is easier and more painless than litigating the details, even if you didn't actually do anything wrong or illegal. In this day and age we're too quick as a society to be judge and jury in the court of public opinion and what seems like happened ends up being written into history and consequence as the truth.

Who knows what the truth is. But regardless of the details, as a university I don't think CU is obligated to take any more chances, he's had a few run-ins with the law. Don't have to run him down, but we also don't have to turn a blind eye to a pattern of behavior.

Last edited:
Did you actually read my post or not? Where did I imply nothing happened? I more took issue with you using extreme phrasing from the police report as purely factual. That is it. I am in no way trying to downplay the issue or am calling you names. I am merely saying at least choose your words a little more carefully.

@FightCu1414 was the recipient of the last portion, edited to avoid making another post. Perhaps the wording was a little aggressive and I do not like to base my points of hypothesized/non-factual information. That is why I cited the police report as there were witnesses and their accounts are really all we know, hence why I said to take it for what its worth. It's a sad and tricky situation that I hope CU athletics doesn't have to witness again.

@NeverGiveIn Its a very tricky legal situation, so perhaps that statement is not totally correct. My reasoning is, they would have cleared him if there was nothing so there has to have been something and he was kicked off the team. So thats where I stand. And like you said, in todays day and age people are quick to judge, we've have one blemish related to this topic so why take another risk..

At the end of the day, I just want to shoot the wind about CU sports!!

Last edited:
@FightCu1414 was the recipient of the last portion, edited to avoid making another post. Perhaps the wording was a little aggressive and I do not like to base my points of hypothesized/non-factual information. That is why I cited the police report as there were witnesses and their accounts are really all we know, hence why I said to take it for what its worth. It's a sad and tricky situation that I hope CU athletics doesn't have to witness again.

@NeverGiveIn Its a very tricky legal situation, so perhaps that statement is not totally correct. My reasoning is, they would have cleared him if there was nothing so there has to have been something and he was kicked off the team. So thats where I stand. And like you said, in todays day and age people are quick to judge, we've have one blemish related to this topic so why take another risk..

At the end of the day, I just want to shoot the wind about CU sports!!
In that spirit, from a pure football standpoint I just haven’t seen anything from Julmisse that suggests he’s a unique talent. We’ve got a lot of good receivers and some decent corners, and he’s not exactly Jabrill Peppers on the kick returns.

In that spirit, from a pure football standpoint I just haven’t seen anything from Julmisse that suggests he’s a unique talent. We’ve got a lot of good receivers and some decent corners, and he’s not exactly Jabrill Peppers on the kick returns.
I'm sure people would have said the same thing about bringing Evan Worthington back (regardless of lesser offences), yet he was the best player on a defense that included a 1st rounder. If people are so certain that Mac is a DB whisperer then maybe they shouldn't question it if Mac wants to bring Julmisse back, he must think quite highly of him as a player and a person if he thinks that's worth it.

MM already has a MAJOR strike against him for the handling of a previous case similar to this. He should learn his lesson and have a zero tolerance policy in my opinion. I can understand learning from a drug offense or a DUI or even a robbery, those I am not opposed to second chances. I just don't want people representing my school that have assaulted women nor do I want us to be the school that gives them their second chance. Weird and touchy subject, but I would just stay away. We have enough young DBs coming in that we will be ok.
8A1A00AB-1B5B-4EA6-A48A-0F6F193323F7.gif

AJ is in no way anything like Greg Hardy. He did not threaten to shoot & kill his ex. AJ did not allegedly throw the ex violently on a couch that was littered with semi automatic weaponry.

AJ was guilty of having terrible taste in crazy, getting handsy, and trying to defuse a situation that would’ve been better handled by the police. The woman did not have any injuries BTW (other than a broken heart). AJ was given a lesser charge of harassment and a year of probation. If he would’ve gone Greg Hardy on her, Boulder’s DA wouldn’t have given him a charge of harassment with a year of probation. Personally, I think his behavior at the auto collision is worse, but the Boulder DA’s office thought it was better to give him probation there too — served concurrently with the other matter.

Fortunately for all of us, one rabid poster on Allbuffs (who doesn’t understand the law very well) can’t dictate justice for the rest of society. If AJ can’t walk the straight/narrow and screws up again, he should be gone. But, if he gets counseling, works to improve his life, and shows himself to be a good citizen, he should get the playing time he earns.

AJ is in no way anything like Greg Hardy. He did not threaten to shoot & kill his ex. AJ did not allegedly throw the ex violently on a couch that was littered with semi automatic weaponry.

AJ was guilty of having terrible taste in crazy, getting handsy, and trying to defuse a situation that would’ve been better handled by the police. The woman did not have any injuries BTW (other than a broken heart). AJ was given a lesser charge of harassment and a year of probation. If he would’ve gone Greg Hardy on her, Boulder’s DA wouldn’t have given him a charge of harassment with a year of probation. Personally, I think his behavior at the auto collision is worse, but the Boulder DA’s office thought it was better to give him probation there too — served concurrently with the other matter.

Fortunately for all of us, one rabid poster on Allbuffs (who doesn’t understand the law very well) can’t dictate justice for the rest of society. If AJ can’t walk the straight/narrow and screws up again, he should be gone. But, if he gets counseling, works to improve his life, and shows himself to be a good citizen, he should get the playing time he earns.

...well, for the record, he was arrested again in August following the first arrest.

Your reading comprehension skills need work.

I acknowledged both incidents in my two most recent postings RE: AJ. The Boulder DA gave him probation for both incidents to be served concurrently (at the same time). If AJ was as bad as you describe, they would’ve thrown the book at him. Instead he pleaded guilty to lesser charges and has to be a good citizen.

...well, for the record, he was arrested again in August following the first arrest.

Your reading comprehension skills need work.

I acknowledged both incidents in my two most recent postings RE: AJ. The Boulder DA gave him probation for both incidents to be served concurrently (at the same time). If AJ was as bad as you describe, they would’ve thrown the book at him. Instead he pleaded guilty to lesser charges and has to be a good citizen.

Ah, you’re right, my mistake.

I don’t think he’s that “bad”, I’m sure he’s an okay dude. But from a football perspective, the benefits don’t strike me as outweighing the mounting risks.

Re: Umu, if accurate: I don't want a "walking talking anger management cliche" on the team.
I kind of do...I mean if he can control it just enough that he doesn't fight his team mates...this team needs some nasty...ok, this team needs a lot of nasty. Football teams that are made up of nothing but good guys don't succeed. Far as I am concerned Umu can be this teams Romo.

Yea, the man was offered a deal and took it. They had two witnesses. They probably have him in a lot of counseling or something as a stipulation. I've witnessed how DV cases go down, my friend was involved with one when his ex-girlfriend broke in to his apartment and assaulted his current girlfriend. She took a plea deal (entering unlawfully or harassment or something of that nature), has probation and extensive counseling. Maybe she didn't want to bury him with charges, the same way my friend didn't want to bury her and ruin her life. Idk look at my reasoning, if its so outlandish then disregard it. Im just opposed to Julmisse because I don't want that type of person representing CU. Ive made my point thoroughly enough haha so just take it for what it is worth.

Edit: This occurred in boulder in the last two years.
Just to let you know, the victim in a DV case can't "bury" anybody, unless they lie about the incident. The state files charges whether the victim wants to or not.

Ok, but me and the board of regents don't. Remember when they put of signing his extension and brought it to a vote? That was due to the Tumpkin situation, there was an investigation and everything. I'd say that it was the most legitimate strike we could possibly reference and it tarnished the end of the 10 win season by bringing us into the national spotlight over the alleged mishandling of a domestic violence case by the upper management of CU.
Wrong again. The board of regents has 2 very anti football members, one of whom tried everything she could to sabotage the extension, The majority of the board understands, and agrees with, how a strong football program helps the overall university.

I kind of do...I mean if he can control it just enough that he doesn't fight his team mates... Far as I am concerned Umu can be this teams Romo.

Bad example. Ask Marcus Williams. The fact is guys like Romanowski belong in jail, forever, in civilized society.

@SupremeBuffalo

A few posts back you complained about your tuition dollars supporting AJ. None of the athlete scholarships come from your tuition. The AD pays scholarships out of the PAC 12 TV rights deals and ticket sales. Overall, the AD tries to be self supporting despite paying all scholarships at out-of-state rates back to the school. Football and basketball fund the rest of the department. Some years they've had to get a loan from the school, but usually it's a net gain for CU.

Last edited:
@SupremeBuffalo

A few posts back you complained about your tuition dollars supporting AJ. None of the athlete scholarships come from your tuition. The AD pays scholarships out of the PAC 12 TV rights deals and ticket sales. Overall, the AD tries to be self supporting despite paying all scholarships at out of state rates back to the school. Football and basketball fund the rest of the department. Some years they've had to get a loan from the school, but usually it's a net gain for CU.

Exactly. Was just about to type this out. Maybe it's best if those that are in school, and don't truly understand how the AD works, stay off the board

Back