What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Day - University of Louisiana Monroe

CitizenKane

For those of you that don’t know, and really I mean everyone who isn’t from Louisiana, ULM sits on the Bayou Desiard River east of Shreveport Louisiana and west of Jackson Mississippi along highway 20. Yes, this does mean it is smack dab in the middle of nowhere. But don’t think this means they can’t play hoops. After all, they beat a bunch of centenarians who could still dribble while using their walkers and they were within 6 points of Texas with 14 minutes to go in the game (Plus they were 21-10 last year). Here is a bit of information about some of their players.
Marvin ‘the confused Franco-Cajun’ Jean-Pierre - Despite his Cajun sounding name he clearly isn’t Cajun as he appears to have all his teeth. He also seems a bit confused as he found it necessary to inform everyone he is Str8 in his twitter handle (Doth protest too much?). Someone really needs to tell this poor confused soul, that it is ok if he is Str8 or if he isn’t. 13 is his lucky number and he will be attempting to hit that point total for the third game in a row.
“I ain’t” Jordon, Harris – His parents named him after the greatest of all time…and he insists on wearing the same number, and even scored 23 points against the centenarians…but his play against Texas and his nick name is all we need to know.
Nick “Francis Ford” Coppola – Now that this movie making days are done and he has given up on ever making a good bottle of wine Mr. Coppola has moved down south, shaved his beard and is quite possibly the second best player on the ULM roster.
Sam “Evil headband” Alabakis – Gave up a less than lucrative career in the Aussie vs Roo grecko roman wrestling league to join the ULM basketball team and spread the cult of bad headbands. This 6’11” Aussie has been known to force opposing players away from rebounds using only his sharply pointed adams apple.
Sam ‘Morph’ McDaniel – Another Aussie who somehow found his way to the middle of nowhere Louisiana….Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised, I mean whose ever heard of Morphett Valle Australia? Thanks to their excellent academic programs ULM has seen fit to morph two words into one and lists his home town as Morphettvale. He also loves the number 13 and averaged 13 pts per game last season.
Travis “Chapstick” Munnings – This rabid Bahamian wears #1 on his jersey and is the number one guy CU must keep off the boards. Even though he is only 6’6” tall he had 13 rebounds against the Centenarians (No they can’t jump with their walkers) and 10 against Texas. Oh and no, I can’t explain why someone from the Bahamas would decide to end up in northern Louisiana....maybe they abducted him?

For those of you that don’t know, and really I mean everyone who isn’t from Louisiana, ULM sits on the Bayou Desiard River east of Shreveport Louisiana and west of Jackson Mississippi along highway 20. Yes, this does mean it is smack dab in the middle of nowhere. But don’t think this means they can’t play hoops. After all, they beat a bunch of centenarians who could still dribble while using their walkers and they were within 6 points of Texas with 14 minutes to go in the game (Plus they were 21-10 last year). Here is a bit of information about some of their players.
Marvin ‘the confused Franco-Cajun’ Jean-Pierre - Despite his Cajun sounding name he clearly isn’t Cajun as he appears to have all his teeth. He also seems a bit confused as he found it necessary to inform everyone he is Str8 in his twitter handle (Doth protest too much?). Someone really needs to tell this poor confused soul, that it is ok if he is Str8 or if he isn’t. 13 is his lucky number and he will be attempting to hit that point total for the third game in a row.
“I ain’t” Jordon, Harris – His parents named him after the greatest of all time…and he insists on wearing the same number, and even scored 23 points against the centenarians…but his play against Texas and his nick name is all we need to know.
Nick “Francis Ford” Coppola – Now that this movie making days are done and he has given up on ever making a good bottle of wine Mr. Coppola has moved down south, shaved his beard and is quite possibly the second best player on the ULM roster.
Sam “Evil headband” Alabakis – Gave up a less than lucrative career in the Aussie vs Roo grecko roman wrestling league to join the ULM basketball team and spread the cult of bad headbands. This 6’11” Aussie has been known to force opposing players away from rebounds using only his sharply pointed adams apple.
Sam ‘Morph’ McDaniel – Another Aussie who somehow found his way to the middle of nowhere Louisiana….Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised, I mean whose ever heard of Morphett Valle Australia? Thanks to their excellent academic programs ULM has seen fit to morph two words into one and lists his home town as Morphettvale. He also loves the number 13 and averaged 13 pts per game last season.
Travis “Chapstick” Munnings – This rabid Bahamian wears #1 on his jersey and is the number one guy CU must keep off the boards. Even though he is only 6’6” tall he had 13 rebounds against the Centenarians (No they can’t jump with their walkers) and 10 against Texas. Oh and no, I can’t explain why someone from the Bahamas would decide to end up in northern Louisiana....maybe they abducted him?
tumblr_mzh97yzowk1ql56ddo1_500.gif

This is also the 9 yr anniversary of ULM beating Bama in football.

Yes, we finally get to see Peters.

Is Bryce Peters done with his suspension? Playing tonight?
I am really excited to see what Peters can do. The team really needs him to step up and be as good as the hype now that Dom is injured. From the article this morning it also sounds like he has to really focus on his academics too.

Sun Belt usually has some good athletes. Monroe was picked in the middle of the Sun Belt. This is a tougher opponent than our first two, granted one we should beat rather easily

I don't know about 36, but 70 EB just opened from Vail to Denver with traction laws in effect. Be safe all of you driving it, it's a little rough out there.

Lol what? If you get pac12 network on Comcast you get all of the regionals as well.
lol, nope. I only get 431/840, which is the Pac-12 Network in SD and HD. I don't get 430, which is the Pac-12 Mountain. Yes, I can watch online, but that's just bull****, and a failure for the Pac-12.

Why, as a Comcast victim in Denver, do I not get this game? Oregon hanging with Valpo is certainly impressive, but am I missing a magic channel to get the game happening 30 minutes away?? Help.

Miller would score 25-30 a night if he played in the Sun Belt.

I think the pollsters and "experts" are expecting a big drop off for the Buffs in the frontcourt with Scott gone. Tory and Wes are going to be fine up front, the wings are going to be able to get all over the offensive glass.

Back