What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week! (Exhibition Style)

Uhh ... for Jabari to show up and play. 2 games and counting so far.

Lovering will be good once he outgrows his "Bambi" phase. Simpson is already good. Clifford and O'Brien look solid and should provide depth. O'Brien especially looks like he can bang (extra weight room work) when we go smaller.

The B1G usually gets 8-10 teams in the dance. The P12 will get 4.

We also have five freshmen.

It’s an exhibition. And again, we lost arguably the greatest player in school history. So I have to ask…

What the **** were people expecting for the first month or two?
I wasn't expecting Battey to be mediocre against half way decent competition and Walker to be 100000% MIA in the first two games. His effort and attitude have sucked so far and it's worrisome.

BuffinCali true: only teams w/ ****braska's perimeter size this year are UCLA, Tennessee, Kansas, USC & Oregon. We learn a lesson; we get chance at top-25!

Zachsquatch true too: I honestly don't think CU's fan-base realize we have 1 of elite player-development programs in country. Sports Illustrated advanced metrics measured Tad #1 in getting lowest ranked players to NBA years ago; it's still the case. Tad didn't ask transfers back because he promised guys develop. time!

I don't think I have to say I told you so re: Nique & Luke! But LUV their toughness, D & Rbding, (when Tristan/ 'Bari not in); their O just frosting on the cake!

I'm barely worried about the poor 3-pt shooting. Luke & Julian shot over 50% from 3 in HS; Tristan, Nique & Javon are good shooters; 'Bari, Kee & KJ will be fine if they manage shot selection. I'm more worried about Evan & Eli. We don't need to have their presence felt on O at 3-pt line; but we do need if felt on D & leadership!

We had 2 Top-20-level recruiting classes; we're on verge of getting couple more 4 star recruits! In-case I'm not being clear enough: I'm still on the bandwagon that a couple wins over borderline Top-25 teams this year puts us in Top-25 by December or end of year. Only question I have is does Tad get youngsters to believe!
I retract arrogantly saying "I told you so." What I meant is: I hope fan base is still not crying "the sky is falling" on the wings-with Quincy out for the year.

Yes, an argument can be made that Tad may have asked D'Shawn Schwartz &/or Maddox Daniels to come back, if he knew Quincy would be out all year.

But love wing strength starting 'Bari & Tristan, w/ Nique & Luke off the bench! And love having a top development coach that shows kids manner more than wins, by keeping his word to play underclassmen versus have a bunch of 6th year seniors or transfers! All-in on some youth-movements, as yearly Tourney still realistic goal!

Back