What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good day re:CSU

I think this is why good ADs do not make buyouts so extreme. I get why CSU did it but it seems the buyouts are unenforceable or if the schools tries to enforce it the school might appear unreasonable to future coaches.

It's kind of like not letting a kid out of a scholarship. That **** will be used against you in the future. CSU would have been ****ing with ESECPN.

****! Oregeron would be perfect at CSU. Seriously ****.

Apparently Oregeron inquired about the UNLV job. He is certainly looking around for an opportunity. Given his background - he could be a more long term solution as well.

Guesses on how Foley convinced CSU? My money´s on Foley reminding them where Aaron Hernandez went to school.

Apparently Oregeron inquired about the UNLV job. He is certainly looking around for an opportunity. Given his background - he could be a more long term solution as well.

With TF and CSU loosening the academic restrictions I could see Oregeron doing even better than Sparkles up there. He would be a huge get. Maybe the SOS crowd would throw a fit but I don't think they know much about football. Between him and Eustacy the CSU AD's Christmas party would be a must event.

Really weird spin by Florida on the buyout. How do they tell their boosters and fans that sparkles Is their guy for $4 or $5 million but at $7.5 million he is no longer the guy.

holy **** that's a lot of money even to Flordia.

orgeron was a terrible head coach. the man can recruit, but lets tap the breaks a little here.

Horrible in the SEC but he doesn't have to beat SEC or PAC-12 teams in the MWC.

If he can recruit to CSU they will win. They will win a lot.

I can't believe UF just dropped that much cash for Sparkles :lol:

They can go get a pretty good coach with that kind of cash sitting in the bank.

OTOH, UF just placed a $12MM bet on Sparkles ($7MM in total to CSU, and $5MM to pay Muschamp to not work there anymore). If he doesn't pan out, UF is going to be in a world of hurt.

OTOH, UF just placed a $12MM bet on Sparkles ($7MM in total to CSU, and $5MM to pay Muschamp to not work there anymore). If he doesn't pan out, UF is going to be in a world of hurt.

I read it was more like $8MM to buyout Muschamp ($6.3MM alone) plus some of his other assistants. The pressure on McElwain will be intense.

assuming muschamp goes to auburn (or anywhere else for that matter) they won't be paying that.

I can't believe UF just dropped that much cash for Sparkles :lol:

Very odd. A lot of cheddar for a largely unproven coach. CSU made out like a bandit. Seems like best possible scenario to me. Good for them.

Chip Kelly on why he wasn´t interested in the Florida job: "I don´t think our pro offense would work at the college level."

McElwain met with the team 40 minutes ago and is currently meeting with his staff.

Back