What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Washington State

Props to the fans today - just saw this visitor note on a Coug board

We went to the games in 2003 and 2011. In 2003, the Buffs were overmatched so the crowd noise wasn't an issue. In 2011, they were sucking, we were sucking, there wasn't a great amount of energy and the crowd noise wasn't a factor. We were at the game today and they were legitimately loud. It wasn't Auburn loud, but it was far louder than the ASU game we went to a few weeks ago and probably the loudest stadium I've been in since 2013 at Auburn. I was not expecting that after prior experiences.

48,658 is your number. 70 more than ASU and the biggest crowd of the Mac era. Students did a good job all things considered. Utah needs to sell out though.

Average of 27 serious guesses was 48,833, which was closer than anybody's individual guess, so we all win.
Is that the official number? What's Folsom's max capacity?

That's the capacity?! How in the world didn't you guys sell out this game? The attendance didn't even hit 90% capacity in the biggest game Folsom has seen in years!??!

Buffs have always struggled with attendance, and it is going to take some time for the fans that CU shed over the past 10 years to come back

Every seat under $100 was sold. They need to really rethink their pricing at Folsom. They want Denver Bronco prices and it's nuts.

Place looked packed on tv. Crowd was obviously a factor with the noise. Can only imagine what sold out against Utah is going to look like

Buffs have always struggled with attendance, and it is going to take some time for the fans that CU shed over the past 10 years to come back
Fair enough...it just stinks to see that it couldn't get filled up. They shouldn't have had a problem selling tickets. I was planning on trying to go to the Utah game next week, my first Buffs game ever...is there a possibility that will sell out?

Fair enough...it just stinks to see that it couldn't get filled up. They shouldn't have had a problem selling tickets. I was planning on trying to go to the Utah game next week, my first Buffs game ever...is there a possibility that will sell out?

Tickets are moving fast right now - but there will be some available.... but anything less then $100 is probably gone.

Good to know. Will see what I can find.
Damn, just saw Clemson's rivalry game was just slated for the same time slot as Buffs-Utes...maybe I won't be making it to the game, after all. If I were to drive up to Boulder from Denver, would any of you have a good recommendation for tailgates/bars to watch games at?

Well, Sackman runs a tailgate in the midst of a million other tailgates.

CU attendance issues broken down:

1. Denver is a pro sports town. CU is in the top 10 and just won a huge game. The Broncos are on a bye week. The sports talk on Monday will be 95% Broncos anyway.

B. Colorado is a front-runner state. With the exception of the Broncos (who don't really have down stretches), every pro or college team in the area gets no attention when they're struggling to get wins. If a team starts to win, they'll eventually get attention, but when you've been down as long as CU has, it's going to take a bit.

4. Colorado is a carpetbagger state. I heard something one time that I don't know is true but don't doubt, that there has never been a time since white settlement where people born on the Front Range haven't been outnumbered by people from elsewhere. A lot of those people bring their own allegiances, and especially now in the age of the internet and every game being on TV, there's a lot of people who live here that have no interest in seeing the local school, when they team they really care about is playing elsewhere.

CU attendance issues broken down:

1. Denver is a pro sports town. CU is in the top 10 and just won a huge game. The Broncos are on a bye week. The sports talk on Monday will be 95% Broncos anyway.

B. Colorado is a front-runner state. With the exception of the Broncos (who don't really have down stretches), every pro or college team in the area gets no attention when they're struggling to get wins. If a team starts to win, they'll eventually get attention, but when you've been down as long as CU has, it's going to take a bit.

4. Colorado is a carpetbagger state. I heard something one time that I don't know is true but don't doubt, that there has never been a time since white settlement where people born on the Front Range haven't been outnumbered by people from elsewhere. A lot of those people bring their own allegiances, and especially now in the age of the internet and every game being on TV, there's a lot of people who live here that have no interest in seeing the local school, when they team they really care about is playing elsewhere.

Colorado isn't ****ing Nebraska. There's actually stuff to do.

Crowd was legitimately great at stretches! But too many little kids wiping their noses whining over the cold. The 200's cleared out above the end zone after halftime, it was pretty sad to see. Also CU needs to fix folsoms issues, they're immense. Having no restrooms on the west side of Folsom outside of balch is a joke, put some port a pottys or something for gods sake. Also, locking people in the field house for a beer does nothing but make the after halftime crowd look sparse because they're all waiting in there for a beer and to piss. Then this...I scanned my ticket, went to the practice facility and got a beer and hit the team store. I drank it and was told I had to go outside instead of back into the facility. Went outside thinking I'd still be in the stadium, had to get back in line outside and wait to go back through security. It was a cluster **** and really annoyed me, I won't go back down there again anytime soon.

Last edited:
Crowd was legitimately great at stretches! But too many little kids wiping their noses whining over the cold. The 200's cleared out above the end zone after halftime, it was pretty sad to see. Also CU needs to fix folsoms issues, they're immense. Having no restrooms on the west side of Folsom outside of balch is a joke, put some port a pottys or something for gods sake. Also, locking people in the field house for a beer does nothing but make the after halftime crowd look sparse because they're all waiting in there for a beer and to piss. Then this...I scanned my ticket, went to the practice facility and got a beer. I drank it and was told I had to go outside instead of back into the facility. Went outside thinking I'd still be in the stadium, had to get back in line outside and wait to go back through security. It was a cluster **** and really annoyed me, I won't go back down there again anytime soon.

Whomever told you you had to exit practice facility and then reenter security was mistaken.

Crowd was great, we were loud...and I was in the quiet boring section. Student section looked good. My wife really liked when we sang Living On A Prayer...

Whomever told you you had to exit practice facility and then reenter security was mistaken.

It was confusing to me too! There was a massive line and I asked if I had to stand in that line or was there other exits back into the stadium. I told her I had gone through security and didn't want to have to do that again. She told me any of the exits would take me right back inside. So she scans my ticket and sends me outside! I was pretty livid lol.

I fvcking hated that Living on a Prayer

1. what's the message in context of our football season?!?!! Song is implying that the wins are due to divine intervention and not hard work, coaching and talent!?!?!?!

2. associating our school with 80's pop-metal songs (Bon Jovi, FFS!!!).

Terrible game day marketing move there

Back