What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How I think this all plays out

According to TeamRankings, these are CU's win probabilities in the ten remaining games, as of today:

View attachment 54247

Obviously favored to lose in every game, with the easiest game being a 61.8% loss probability for the Buffs, at home against Cal. However, if you combined all the losing percentages from 61.8% vs. Cal to 98.2% at USC and everything in between to come up a probability of losing all 10 games, it works out to 21.5% chance of that happening. So, inversely a 78.5% chance of winning at least one of the remaining 10 games. If there's a silver lining in this dark cloud, that would be it.

Appreciate the analysis. Can’t believe we only have a 78% chance of winning one game… that is pathetic.
Also…
Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Rooster Teeth

Isn't it a time for the (dreaded) "vote of confidence" by the administration. They should be aware of the **** show and show their support or they don't care and want to avoid dealing with it.

I'm really tired of the coach speak and how we're having such great practices. I want to hear some passion and anger -- and no, that doesn't mean attacking photographers -- that says the systemic issues need to be addressed.

Isn't it a time for the (dreaded) "vote of confidence" by the administration. They should be aware of the **** show and show their support or they don't care and want to avoid dealing with it.

I'm really tired of the coach speak and how we're having such great practices. I want to hear some passion and anger -- and no, that doesn't mean attacking photographers -- that says the systemic issues need to be addressed.
I'd settle for someone acknowledging the uncertainties of conference realignment, the precarious situation CU finds itself in, and a commitment to making ourselves as attractive as possible as a member of an athletic conference.

Some at CU have their head in the sand. Others simply don't care. Some have realized that expressing concern and suggesting action would be very bad for job security or avoiding punitive annoyances against you in trying to get your work done.

I found this interesting from Howell's chat a few days ago-

• Sep 12, 2022 10:25 AM
    Do you foresee another exodus to the transfer portal should we continue to struggle? Do we have players that other Power 5 programs would be excited about?

• Sep 12, 2022 10:26 AM
    I think the NCAA has set up a situation where there is always going to be a bunch of players leave for the portal, and more so for teams that aren't winning. I absolutely think we'll see 15-20 guys in the portal. But, I think if they were 6-6 we'd see 15-20 guys in the portal.
I'm curious if he's implying that many players can't stand KD no matter what.
It’s the HC’s job, one of his jobs, in this era to create buy in. Doing that when you are a loser is a tough sell but it’s his damned job to do that. If kids aren’t buying what you are selling, how in the hell can you win?

It’s the HC’s job, one of his jobs, in this era to create buy in. Doing that when you are a loser is a tough sell but it’s his damned job to do that. If kids aren’t buying what you are selling, how in the hell can you win?
It has to start with belief in the vision and trust in the leadership. If we don't have those things, there's no reason to hope for a brighter future.

Against both TCU and the AFA the real story was on the sidelines.

We saw a team that very much looked like it didn't believe it could win and was past caring.

Some individual players were still focused on and trying to win but the bulk of the team was already gone.
It was telling to me that the camera stayed on Dorrell for what seemed like forever last week, and didn't say a single word to anyone the entire time. Didn't move. Didn't do anything.

Most coaches are on the headset with their coordinators or QB every single play. Dorrell just exists on the sideline. Doesn't do anything.

It was telling to me that the camera stayed on Dorrell for what seemed like forever last week, and didn't say a single word to anyone the entire time. Didn't move. Didn't do anything.

Most coaches are on the headset with their coordinators or QB every single play. Dorrell just exists on the sideline. Doesn't do anything.
With that eeyore like sad face as his default expression.

I think the question is how many guys who are starters or seeing major playing time are entering the portal. If you lost 10 starters, and the 3rd stringers decide to stay because they now see opportunity (and they have no chance of another P5 scholarship), well that's quite different than losing 10 guys who are going to try to hook on at a directional school in a lower level of football.

Also, I see a lot of comments here that we have just G5 players and that rings as untrue to me. We have high school coaches at the top.

And neither assistant coaches nor players seem to seek him out and interact with him like they do with other coaches.

This.

On the Shutdown Fullcast (highly recommend, btw) this week, they talked about the fact that nubs fired Frost 3 weeks early to the tune of $8M.... but for who? Then they said that "like someone running for president, this is going to take someone with a dangerous degree of self confidence. You need someone that doesn't think they can fix nubs, they need someone who believes they're going to fix nubs." same applies with CU. We're going to need someone that not only has a plan to fix CU and can execute it, but also can create a culture here.

Reactions: DBT
Bienemy seems like a splash hire...but I think I'm done hiring coaching or player alums...
There is a reason teams keeping passing over Bienemy. Sorry I still have PTSD remembering the Embree years. No thanks to Eric! No way!
CU needs to get lucky and get a young great coach with passion, recruiting prowess and a winning aura ala Baylor with Aranda.
A young up and comer with enough experience not to be a total question mark but not enough cache to his name to make him a flight risk like Mel.
Someone who will rebuild the program and stay at least five years.
That’s the sweet spot for the next hire.

There is a reason teams keeping passing over Bienemy. Sorry I still have PTSD remembering the Embree years. No thanks to Eric! No way!
CU needs to get lucky and get a young great coach with passion, recruiting prowess and a winning aura ala Baylor with Aranda.
A young up and comer with enough experience not to be a total question mark but not enough cache to his name to make him a flight risk like Mel.
App State's coach or CCU...or did that guy already take a new job

Bieniemy is a non starter. He doesn't want to be in the college game anymore. He was asked if he was interested.

EB isn't stupid. He knows what the limitation are on this program and that unless some of those are changed the job is a coach killer.

If the administration changes it's attitude and removes those limitations then we wouldn't be looking at EB.

Dorrell is Embree circa 2022

Talk me off the ledge.

My current guess is that, assuming that @Arizona goes similarly to this past week:

CU fires Wilson as DC as a cost effective move. The hope would be that this would turn the heat down on KD. Then, they play the youth card, point to what KD is building, pump up Sanford for how he's getting the offense turned around, and sell us on how bright the future is on O if we stay the course.

Everything to avoid busting the budget and give KD + Sanford (signed a 3-year deal) the opportunity to return in 2023. Next year at about this time, they'd be around $6M owed to KD (maybe better if they extend him but offer easier termination terms after the season). And it makes it so the next Chancellor has to deal with it, which is a huge factor in this.

Talk me off the ledge.

My current guess is that, assuming that @Arizona goes similarly to this past week:

CU fires Wilson as DC as a cost effective move. The hope would be that this would turn the heat down on KD. Then, they play the youth card, point to what KD is building, pump up Sanford for how he's getting the offense turned around, and sell us on how bright the future is on O if we stay the course.

Everything to avoid busting the budget and give KD + Sanford (signed a 3-year deal) the opportunity to return in 2023. Next year at about this time, they'd be around $6M owed to KD (maybe better if they extend him but offer easier termination terms after the season). And it makes it so the next Chancellor has to deal with it, which is a huge factor in this.
You shut your dirty wh*re mouth Nik. Give me Arizona 50+ and Karl eating Hersheys alone in Louisville by next Sunday evening

Rick gets a t-shirt cannon to the nuts if he denies me

Talk me off the ledge.

Oh, I feel like this may be setting up for Dorrell getting the full season and maybe another year if he can win 1-2 games.

Back