What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers first to be rejected by Tad

I couldn't help but notice this little nugget from some reporter herald story on Miles leaving.

"It's my expectation going forward that Colorado State University is not going to be viewed as just a stepping stone by coaches to advance their career," he said, "but rather that this is a place that coaches are going to be desperately interested in coming to and staying and spending the rest of their lives."

http://www.reporterherald.com/sport...o-state-players-disappointed-but-not-angry-at

Desperately interested?? Aha aha ahahahahahaha!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously what is in the water up there?

After checking the map, CU doesn't own any of the land around S Boulder Creek, so no dice with that awesome plan.

I don't know if anyone saw this when it was in the news a while ago but Naropa is working on a plan to move to a place where they can have all of their programs in one place. My guess is that CU would LOVE to take that land off their hands. Problem solved.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_18050098

I couldn't help but notice this little nugget from some reporter herald story on Miles leaving.

"It's my expectation going forward that Colorado State University is not going to be viewed as just a stepping stone by coaches to advance their career," he said, "but rather that this is a place that coaches are going to be desperately interested in coming to and staying and spending the rest of their lives."

http://www.reporterherald.com/sport...o-state-players-disappointed-but-not-angry-at

Desperately interested?? Aha aha ahahahahahaha!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously what is in the water up there?

That quote wasn't from the reporter, that came from the Athletic Director Jack Graham. Now the question is how they are going to do this. Considering that they have the lowest athletic budget in a conference without any money they aren't going to be able to pay enough to be competitive with the major schools much less have facilities even comparable with the bottom of the major conferences. The only way they are going to be a "destination" for coaches is if they take coaches who nobody else wants. Guys who are losers or guys who are to old or to flawed to be of interest to other schools.

That quote wasn't from the reporter, that came from the Athletic Director Jack Graham. Now the question is how they are going to do this. Considering that they have the lowest athletic budget in a conference without any money they aren't going to be able to pay enough to be competitive with the major schools much less have facilities even comparable with the bottom of the major conferences. The only way they are going to be a "destination" for coaches is if they take coaches who nobody else wants. Guys who are losers or guys who are to old or to flawed to be of interest to other schools.

I know it is from the AD. The story was from reporter herald, not some reporter at the herald.

No, it was Maude.
maude_l.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is amused at the fact that the fuskers first went after Boyle, who turned them down flat, then they went to Miles, who couldn't get out of Fart Collins fast enough.

This... it says every single thing one needs to know about the appeal of the institutions in question. And to our lamb friends there is just no other way to spin this: CU = a place to stay and build a winning program; CSU = a place to burnish your resume so you can get the F someplace better ASAP (insult to injury - Stinkcoln > Ft. Fun).

Miles is an idiot. A complete dumbass for taking this job. Wait another year or two and a much better job would have come up.

Miles is an idiot. A complete dumbass for taking this job. Wait another year or two and a much better job would have come up.

CSU is a dead end. He knows that. He can't afford to wait another year or two. His value is probably as high as it would ever be right now. He's striking while the iron is hot.

CSU is a dead end. He knows that. He can't afford to wait another year or two. His value is probably as high as it would ever be right now. He's striking while the iron is hot.

Disagree. Most of his team was returning next year. He was primed for another strong run which would have increased, then solidified his value. He could have had much bigger programs looking into him.

Disagree. Most of his team was returning next year. He was primed for another strong run which would have increased, then solidified his value. He could have had much bigger programs looking into him.

^^^^^This^^^^^

He just got an at large bid with a team that has been to the tourney once in 20 years, from a conference that traditionally only gets 2 maybe 3 bids a year. AD's from better basketball schools would have taken notice.

I hear what you guys are saying, but I think he was looking for the first ticket out of Ft. Collins. He couldn't wait to get out of there. Whether it's an issue with the new AD, or facilities issues, commitment from the administration, or he just plain hates Ft. Collins. I don't know. It does seem pretty obvious that he wants out, and sooner better than later.

I hear what you guys are saying, but I think he was looking for the first ticket out of Ft. Collins. He couldn't wait to get out of there. Whether it's an issue with the new AD, or facilities issues, commitment from the administration, or he just plain hates Ft. Collins. I don't know. It does seem pretty obvious that he wants out, and sooner better than later.

Might not have been happy with how the previous AD was let go, which is something I didn't think of at first. But he low-balled himself on this deal.

Turns out the new AD didn't even bother going to support the team in either the MWC or NCAA Tournaments. **** like that shows you how little basketball is appreciated in Ft. Collins. They're going for their football stadium, and completely blowing a chance at a legit basketball program in the process.

Turns out the new AD didn't even bother going to support the team in either the MWC or NCAA Tournaments. **** like that shows you how little basketball is appreciated in Ft. Collins. They're going for their football stadium, and completely blowing a chance at a legit basketball program in the process.

Mexico-gate is quite funny to follow on ramnation.

I haven't been following - what is Mexico-Gate?

some of their fans are saying the AD was in Mexico during the tournament others say he was getting his hip fixed. The sides are yelling at each other like Lbuff and rino in the polotics forum.

It would be pretty sad if their new AD was in Mexico rather than attending their first NCAA Tournament game in 20 years

some of their fans are saying the AD was in Mexico during the tournament others say he was getting his hip fixed. The sides are yelling at each other like Lbuff and rino in the polotics forum.
He was probably getting his hip fixed in Mejico, and the lammies are yelling at each other for nothing.

Sounds like Graham talked himself into a job he had no idea how to do. Great work, lammies. Contrast that to Mike Bohn, who was front and center during the Pac 12 and NCAA tournament run. Hell, he was right there, sitting directly behind the CU bench, the entire time. He was mixing with fans, getting them pumped up, you name it. Graham was... in Mexico?

:wtf:

Ram fans saying he supposedly had hip surgery. Either way, I'm interested to see who they go for. Mike Dunlap or Steve McClain?

I'm surprised that there are no delusional CSU fans who think boyle is going to go there.

Best thing about this thread is how it appears on the forum list page when it's the latest hoops post.

After I post, it will display as:

Huskers first to be rejected...
by buffnik

:smile2:

Best thing about this thread is how it appears on the forum list page when it's the latest hoops post.

After I post, it will display as:

Huskers first to be rejected...
by buffnik

:smile2:

That'll hit Husker fan if they see the thread.

Like everything else that sucks about CSU maybe they have crappy health insurance and the AD was forced to get his hip fixed at some Mexican clinic in Juarez and the tequila err anesthesia didn't wear off in time to make it back for the one and done performance.

I think it is pretty sad how quickly most of their fan base has turned on Miles

Like everything else that sucks about CSU maybe they have crappy health insurance and the AD was forced to get his hip fixed at some Mexican clinic in Juarez and the tequila err anesthesia didn't wear off in time to make it back for the one and done performance.

I don't know what to make of that AD. It's starting to seem like he likes running his mouth with no plan other than hoping the one rich billionaire donor will cut a huge check for athletics. It's starting to be questionable how much he's emotionally invested in the CSU programs. I hope I'm wrong.

FWIW, even when I've been frustrated with Bohn in the past the one thing I never questioned was how much he cared about making CU athletics a great environment for the CU coaches, athletes, spirit squads, alumni, fans, faculty and community. I never wondered whether he was genuine.

Back