What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I just heard the team is going to wear green jerseys tomorrow.

On that note, CU has turned Fitsimmons Army base in to a billion dollar medical facility. This has been while the CU FB program has been average at best.

It's sad to see all this misdirection that pins all responsibility on the fans, and whether or not blue is part of tomorrow's game day attire.

If the CU administrators had as much enthusiasm for the football team and CUAD as has been displayed in the creation of the CU Ansutz Medical complex, then things might be different.

Face it. Benson is no Gordon Gee. Nor was or Hoffman or Albino or any off the interim guys. Could Mac have won the mNC without Gee? There is a reason tOSU grabbed Gee.

A leadership team emphasizes what they do. They wanted clean. They got clean.
Right on Skiddy. But the negatores do not want to even consider that. Hawkins came in here not getting the obsticles. So fire his ass. But, you know what? The next candidates will now realize and understand the obsticles. And what top notch coach would come in here with them over his head? THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE DO NOT GET!

Right on Skiddy. But the negatores do not want to even consider that. Hawkins came in here not getting the obsticles. So fire his ass. But, you know what? The next candidates will now realize and understand the obsticles. And what top notch coach would come in here with them over his head? THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE DO NOT GET!

So now it's the obstacles that are keeping CU from winning? How is that happening? Keeping us from getting talented players? Because I'm pretty sure we've got some talented players on the roster. And we had more, but some of them left.

I really don't like the defense of Hawkins that "he just can't get good players into CU". Bull****. We have more than a few good players. The results have just sucked...

Did I spell "obsticles" right?

I don't know. I don't know what an "obsticle" is, which is an obstacle in trying to figure out if it is spelled correctly or not. :sorry: :smile2:

On that note, CU has turned Fitsimmons Army base in to a billion dollar medical facility. This has been while the CU FB program has been average at best.

It's sad to see all this misdirection that pins all responsibility on the fans, and whether or not blue is part of tomorrow's game day attire.

If the CU administrators had as much enthusiasm for the football team and CUAD as has been displayed in the creation of the CU Ansutz Medical complex, then things might be different.

Face it. Benson is no Gordon Gee. Nor was or Hoffman or Albino or any off the interim guys. Could Mac have won the mNC without Gee? There is a reason tOSU grabbed Gee.

A leadership team emphasizes what they do. They wanted clean. They got clean.
I believe the Fitsimmons project was funded in large part by a private endowment specifically for that purpose. That project had very little bearing on how the university supports the AD.

I'll be curious what the recruits think of this. Its nice to know that half the stadium wants to see the coach recruiting you gone.

If the admin and regents gave a flying ****, they'd stop restricting players getting in. And that is a big ****ing deal. We all bitch and moan about Hawkins but do not hold the Admin/Regents and TABOR accountable in any measure. That is unfair to Hawk, because he probably way underestimated the consequences of CU Boulder's/Colorado's stupid assed rules and regs as far as they concern the athletic program.

Come on. Our academic standards aren't THAT high. You have an argument for JuCo transfers, but not for high school kids. Even at the "lofty" level they are, the majority of football players come in with lower grades and test scores than average students.

I'll be curious what the recruits think of this. Its nice to know that half the stadium wants to see the coach recruiting you gone.

If these kids can't figure out that the coach of a 2-6 team might be facing some heat, they won't get admitted to CU anyway...:huh:

Come on. Our academic standards aren't THAT high. You have an argument for JuCo transfers, but not for high school kids. Even at the "lofty" level they are, the majority of football players come in with lower grades and test scores than average students.
No they don't. The majority have to meet the same standards as my kids did. As a matter of fact, my oldest didn't even get in at first. He had to prove himself at Metro. He had a 27 on the ACT and didn't get in.

I believe the Fitsimmons project was funded in large part by a private endowment specifically for that purpose. That project had very little bearing on how the university supports the AD.

I keep hoping that the expansion of CU into Aurora, Denver and the Springs might someday put more fans in the bleatures.

Your point about the Fitsimmons earmark underscores my point beautifully. This university has all these silos that are loosely related. The CUAD is a profit center. Each college has it's bureacracy. How much energy has been spent by the CUAD to establish internal relationships? Why couldn't Josh Smith get a class from CU Denver?

Basically the CUAD is an island in a sea of 'who cares', all under the CU banner. The leadership on top let Bohn do his thing in a vacuum. This model reaps what it sews.

What is it the populists from humble backgrounds similar to mine say . . . "these colors don't run." I wouldn't don the blue for the same reason I don't burn flags. That being said, I won't get my panties in bunch over someone exercising their free speech either. Doesn't stop me from exercising mine in disagreeing with them, though.

What is it the populists from humble backgrounds similar to mine say . . . "these colors don't run." I wouldn't don the blue for the same reason I don't burn flags. That being said, I won't get my panties in bunch over someone exercising their free speech either. Doesn't stop me from exercising mine in disagreeing with them, though.
Hey, I like that. Not to make this political, but should, say, you fly the American flag upside down because your pissed at the government?

Hey, I like that. Not to make this political, but should, say, you fly the American flag upside down because your pissed at the government?
Personally, I would have a problem with that. Too many good Americans have died defending that flag for me to agree to anything other than a respectful and authorized display with the proper respect and decorum. So, unless I was truly in distress, I would not do that.

I keep hoping that the expansion of CU into Aurora, Denver and the Springs might someday put more fans in the bleatures.

Your point about the Fitsimmons earmark underscores my point beautifully. This university has all these silos that are loosely related. The CUAD is a profit center. Each college has it's bureacracy. How much energy has been spent by the CUAD to establish internal relationships? Why couldn't Josh Smith get a class from CU Denver?

Basically the CUAD is an island in a sea of 'who cares', all under the CU banner. The leadership on top let Bohn do his thing in a vacuum. This model reaps what it sews.
Josh Smith could have gone to CUD but he didn't want to.

You fly the American flag the proper way, always! The flag is the symbol that give people the right to express their outrage at the government instead of blindly following leaders.

The American flag is not like our ****ing football uniforms. jesus ****ing christ DBT stop trying to dramatize this.

ok, kids... enough butseks jokes in this forum or you are all going off to the smack room.

thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

:sorry:

Tried to clean it up, but it won't let me move them into the smack room.... :cool:

no matter-- it is all just a spillover of the running gun battle between sir fatty and his rebellious ward, snobunny.

i just wanted to make a note before they turned up the dial to 11.

Back