What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If CU finishes 6-6, should CU decline bowl invitation?

Should CU say no to free exposure on national TV and in key recruiting areas?

• Total voters
Totally understand the premise of said thread. Someone that looks the part but doesn't play the part. I just expect AllBuff members to read between the lines a little. We don't have to spell out every detail like grade school students. The majority of Our members probably understood the just of my comments.

Here is the origin https://english.stackexchange.com/q...-the-phrase-looks-like-tarzan-plays-like-jane

You might want to start in the future, just to help yourself through posting.

This shouldn't be a question. The Buffs need all the additional practice time and game play they can get.

What in the actual ****? Why on earth would we turn down the extra practices, exposure and money? Are we so awesome now that we don’t need those things? This is ****ing downright idiotic.

I just don't see a good reason to go to a bowl game with a 3-6 conference record. I'd rather eat a box of Chez Crackers and then suffer pain on the toilet seat than to watch CU in a bowl game after going 3-6 in conference play. I would be okay with a 4-5 record but I prefer 5-4 or better in conference play if CU is to go bowling.
this post is ****ing terrible. You should take a break from posting for a week or the rest of your life.

This is as good as the guy who said he hasn’t had time to watch movies like caddy shack because he’s “too busy raising a family.” While posting 15,000 times on allbuffs in a 10 year span.
wait, who the **** said that!?!?!

I just don't see a good reason to go to a bowl game with a 3-6 conference record. I'd rather eat a box of Chez Crackers and then suffer pain on the toilet seat than to watch CU in a bowl game after going 3-6 in conference play. I would be okay with a 4-5 record but I prefer 5-4 or better in conference play if CU is to go bowling.
Cu will finish 2 or 3 wins more than 6

LOL...I was never looking to anger anyone with that poll or troll anyone. I want to see CU finish 8-4 if not better and I believe that will happen. I do not want to see CU finish 6-6 in this instance at all because that means the replacement of HCMM will be inevitable.

Some of you mentioned recruiting. Honestly if CU was to finish with a 6-6 record, recruiting is going to suffer anyway because in the eyes of a recruit, HCMM is a dead coach walking and how can you convince the recruit that CU is going to continue to beat the teams CU beat with new head coaching hires this year especially after getting off to a 5-0 start that included victories over a FCS team and three teams with new coaching staffs? Going to a bowl game is not going to change the writing on the wall for the program overall. A 3-6 conference record would mean that CU beat Oregon State, another team with a new coaching staff this season and CU's wins in conference play would be over new coaches that struggled at the time they played CU. No bueno!

If those extra bowl practices were so essential, how come CU didn't make a bowl game last season? What would a bowl game with a 6-6 really achieve? I don't think it will help recruiting at all since it's going to be in free-fall at that time and if those bowl practices didn't help CU get to a bowl game last season, what good is it going to be when CU has to go on the road five times in conference play plus we would play Oregon & Stanford instead of Oregon State & California? Maybe the team will really rise to the occasion and shock the world next season but it would be hard to believe that would actually happen.

HCMM and his coaching staff are coaching for their jobs in the last half of this season.

LOL...I was never looking to anger anyone with that poll or troll anyone. I want to see CU finish 8-4 if not better and I believe that will happen. I do not want to see CU finish 6-6 in this instance at all because that means the replacement of HCMM will be inevitable.

Some of you mentioned recruiting. Honestly if CU was to finish with a 6-6 record, recruiting is going to suffer anyway because in the eyes of a recruit, HCMM is a dead coach walking and how can you convince the recruit that CU is going to continue to beat the teams CU beat with new head coaching hires this year especially after getting off to a 5-0 start that included victories over a FCS team and three teams with new coaching staffs? Going to a bowl game is not going to change the writing on the wall for the program overall. A 3-6 conference record would mean that CU beat Oregon State, another team with a new coaching staff this season and CU's wins in conference play would be over new coaches that struggled at the time they played CU. No bueno!

If those extra bowl practices were so essential, how come CU didn't make a bowl game last season? What would a bowl game with a 6-6 really achieve? I don't think it will help recruiting at all since it's going to be in free-fall at that time and if those bowl practices didn't help CU get to a bowl game last season, what good is it going to be when CU has to go on the road five times in conference play plus we would play Oregon & Stanford instead of Oregon State & California? Maybe the team will really rise to the occasion and shock the world next season but it would be hard to believe that would actually happen.

HCMM and his coaching staff are coaching for their jobs in the last half of this season.

tenor.gif

Trolling can be explained away easily, believing in something so colossally stupid is much harder.

You aren’t exactly helping your case here.

Back