What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If CU finishes 6-6, should CU decline bowl invitation?

Should CU say no to free exposure on national TV and in key recruiting areas?

• Total voters
images

Honestly, I don't view that as a good reason.

As a fan, I've attended exactly one bowl game, and somewhat regret it (VT beat UTenn in the Chik-fil-A bowl on NYE). Bowls are nothing more than glorified exhibition games with over-priced tickets. I could've gone to what turned out to be an epic Widespread Panic show across the street, instead of watching a meaningless game.

I'd feel differently if we were talking about the Rose Bowl or one of the CFP bowls.

It's not the #1 reason (unless you are Nebraska with a whole state full of people looking for any excuse to leave in the middle of winter) but it is a reason. Those who don't want to don't have to go but for lots of others it is an excuse to go someplace and have some fun while wearing their Buff gear. Any time you create good experiences for your fans you enhance the program.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

For those of you who joined at the end of Hawk-love or during the dark days of the Embree era, this was an honest-to-god argument on this board during the early Hawk years. It was stupid then, but iirc, the main argument forwarded by some idots was that 1) CU was to proud to go to the Dirt n' Rocks bowl in Idaho or whatever the **** and 2) they could spend all December lifting weights and getting stronger (nevermind the fact that you get 15 free additional practices if you qualify for a bowl).

Now, I normally would applaud the OP if he was slyly referring to this, but I see that they didn't join until 2011...yeesh.

Also, this isn't going to be an issue. CU's finishing 9-3 at worst.

I just don't see a good reason to go to a bowl game with a 3-6 conference record. I'd rather eat a box of Chez Crackers and then suffer pain on the toilet seat than to watch CU in a bowl game after going 3-6 in conference play. I would be okay with a 4-5 record but I prefer 5-4 or better in conference play if CU is to go bowling.
You don’t have to go to the bowl game if you don’t want too.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

For those of you who joined at the end of Hawk-love or during the dark days of the Embree era, this was an honest-to-god argument on this board during the early Hawk years. It was stupid then, but iirc, the main argument forwarded by some idots was that 1) CU was to proud to go to the Dirt n' Rocks bowl in Idaho or whatever the **** and 2) they could spend all December lifting weights and getting stronger (nevermind the fact that you get 15 free additional practices if you qualify for a bowl).

Now, I normally would applaud the OP if he was slyly referring to this, but I see that they didn't join until 2011...yeesh.

Also, this isn't going to be an issue. CU's finishing 9-3 at worst.

8-4 possibly, but that'd be just fine as well IMO.

I'm presuming they're both guys. but that's irrelevant to them getting married.

Imagine telling a Juwann Winfree, that has spent his entire career just trying to get and stay on the field, that you're going to end his career a game early and deprive him of a postseason game because of some petty bull****.

Imagine telling a Juwann Winfree, that has spent his entire career just trying to get and stay on the field, that you're going to end his career a game early and deprive him of a postseason game because of some petty bull****.
be careful. I got booed once for questioning his durability

You got **** because you did not and still do not understand the premise of that thread.

And your response to Jeric here makes no sense either.
Totally understand the premise of said thread. Someone that looks the part but doesn't play the part. I just expect AllBuff members to read between the lines a little. We don't have to spell out every detail like grade school students. The majority of Our members probably understood the just of my comments.

Here is the origin https://english.stackexchange.com/q...-the-phrase-looks-like-tarzan-plays-like-jane

Last edited:
Back