1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improvement

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Gary Indiana, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

Darth Snow likes this.
  2. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

It took what seemed forever to get to this corner. I am now impatient for the turn, but grateful we are there.

3. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

2-4 after 6 games this year.
    3-3 after 6 games last year. We have regressed. The team is more competitive on the field, but is now finding ways to lose. W-L is the only thing that matters at the end of the day, and record is all that people look at when comparing a team's performance from year to year.

We now play the #2 ranked most difficult remaining schedule in the country to finish out the season. It isn't going to get better.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

You are being myopic here. We played two FCS teams last year, and struggled to win those games. This year we have played zero FCS games, and have beaten as many FBS teams as we did all of last year. But yes, if all you care about is the number, we have not improved in the wins department due to a tougher schedule.

But do you disagree that the team is better at football?

5. buffedup

Yes. The two teams that Colorado beat last year and have played this year have apparently improved more than Colorado because both were losses this year. Scoring more points than last year is meaningless when at the end of the day there aren't any wins to show for it.

6. Darth Snow

You seem to be having issues being consistent. You said no, but then said the teams we played last year improved more than us. So did we improve at football or not?

7. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

FIFY

8. buffedup

I used the word apparently, but let me be clear. Games that were won last year, were lost this year, and the team has a worse record at the same point in the season. That is regression.

9. Darth Snow

So we are not better at football because some teams improved more than we did. Got it.

10. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

Buffedup has an agenda; facts that don't fit with that agenda are discarded, and facts that confirm that agenda are elevated to "critically important" status. This behavior is common in politicians, so it should be easy enough to recognize for what it is.

11. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

This is just wilful stoopid. No other explanation. "None so blind....." .and all that!

I'm beginning to think Buffedup is merely Syko's sock puppet! I expect him to start going berzerkers over DTs any time now.

12. Gary Indiana

I should have known better...

13. Darth Snow

eh, haters gonna hate. I think anyone without an agenda can see improvement is occurring, and just like most of us predicted, it hasn't shown up in the win column quite yet. Losing to CSU was a disappointment, but that team is turning out to be a solid opponent. Week to week, the team has been improving, and didn't really show a step back against OSU, which was more or less the stiffest competition we have had yet.

14. Bufffan68

No objective observer of this team can look at it and say we aren't a much improved team.

15. Gary Indiana

The frustrating thing is that I am not on here posting my opinion and then upset when people disagree. The quotes about our improvement and HCMM's coaching abilities are coming directly from the opposing Pac-12 coaches. I guess some on the board are able to judge our progress more accurately than Graham and Riley.

16. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Final 2012 F/+: 124
    Final 2013 F/+: 95
    2014 F/+: 67

Yep, regression

17. Darth Snow

Although those are flawed, they are a decent barometer and probably the best ones we can get unless anyone has access to the formulas used by Vegas.

That's gonna be real interesting to watch as we go through playing all these tough, but flawed P12 teams. Anything approaching competency in those games and that # will actually get better.

18. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

At this point in the season last year we had beaten CSU, CAU, and CSU

We beat 2 FBS opponents last year, and we have beaten 2 FBS opponents this year. Only 1 20+ pt loss (oregon) and 1 conference victory and I personally would consider the season disappointing but still an improvement.

19. goalline

goalline Club Member Club Member

This. Maybe the opposing coaches are just being nice, but the article also points out the use of second and third string players that aren't in the games this year. We're still losing, but it's close and to the first team, not to the bench.

20. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

anyone that has watched games the last 4 years knows that this team is greatly improved, anyone that does not see the improvement fails to admit just how bad this team was.

21. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

At the end of the day it's all about wins. If we win 2 or even 3 games this year it will be seen as a step back which will hurt our rebuild. Remember who lost close games? Dan Hawkins

22. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Dan Hawkins didn't arrive when we were losing every game by 4 touchdowns. Upon his arrival is when CU started losing to teams like Montana State. CU double downed on fail with two years of Embree.

23. Quattro

Do you honestly think using Hawkins is a good example to use here?

24. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

If you dont see improvement, and aren't excited for next season, you are an i d o t.

25. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I'm glad the last two games have been close but I'll wait for the next few games vs Pac powers before deciding. Just win

26. buffedup

Why not? Hawkins team improved dramatically and went bowling in year 2 after a 2-10 year 1. We all thought we were on our way and were dead wrong. You have absolutely no way of knowing what is in store next year. We honestly cannot know what the future holds for the team until MacIntyre starts winning games. Everything is just conjecture at this point.

I'm not trying to hate on the Buffs. I've been dying watching these close losses, just like everybody else.

Do they LOOK better this year? Undoubtedly. But at the end of the day WINS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS. That is a indisputable fact, and the ONLY thing that coach MacIntyre will be judged and retained on.

27. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Only thing that matters towards bowl eligibility and playoff participation. Fans can be excited about progress without the wins. They will need to come eventually or the fanbase will pick up the torches and pitchforks. However I am ok with the progress shown. Time to start turning that into victories.

28. Quattro

Maybe because the two situations they inherited are completely different?

29. Bufffan68

This will be a big test as the second half of our schedule is brutal. But either way, we are a much improved team.

30. buffedup

True, but the argument still stands with the improvement parallels that we don't know if and when wins will really come. I certainly hope so, but I've been burned enough over the years that drinking the kool-aid doesn't mean anything.

If others here want to feel better about the team, then feel free to pump sunshine. I need results. MacIntyre has yet to produce. I'm certainly behind him 100%, but I'm still waiting to see if he can win at Colorado, which is what he is ultimately hired to do.