What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Allbuffs still the best CU site on the web?

thanks for the help. i think i've settled it. i'll go with a salad and a bourbon. with an umbrella in the bourbon for sport.

and, THIS is why allbuffs is the best fan site on the innerwebz.

ps. gate, if you find yourself up in nocal, i'll be the guy with the insouciant smile at the end of the bar with an umbrella in his bourbon. Just don't ****ing touch me.

nm

I've got a couple of things to say.

1. Gate, I'm glad you've returned to the board. I'd like to apologize for the way I treated you. It was rude and disrespectful. SoCal, my apologies for being disrespectful to your wife. It's bothered me for a long time.

2. That being said, the way I have behaved on this board has changed. In the past, I've had a few dust ups with people. TBD is another I can think of that digressed. The shaggybevo statue link was sent to me by Wally, and I started lurking on Allbuffs. It was the first board I participated in, and the first one I really spent any time reading before I joined. I just didn't know how message boards worked. So I've learned a lot over the last 16 months.

3. Learning the ebbs and flows of this board may be a little difficult at first. I still think we should start a n00b forum where questions could be asked. If allbuffs was easy, I think it would be less valuable in terms of interaction.

4. As far as threadjacking goes, I love it! I think a few pages of tree puns are great. However, I think the people that have a problem with wit, attempted wit, and half-wit should consider this: We half-wits have to endure endless pages of mindless regurgitated crap from people who start with "Just my 2 cents" or SIAP, or "didn't read the read..." etc...Then proceed to say something that has already been said. I realize the internet is a great place for people who would otherwise be ignored because they are officious, obnoxious, or dull but if I have to put up with unfunny nothingness, I think it's reasonable to ask you to put up with funny nothingness. It's a fan board first, so irreverence is to be expected. Unless you're a visiting Stanford fan, or pabuff.

5. You're welcome. (For the burrito button)

tl;dr

Good post overall... although tree puns will never be "great".

Way to go out on a limb there.....

He's thinking about fishing of course. Duh.

GATE!! i knew you couldn't quit us. sure, you'll fly in and post something inflammatory and then go dark, but we still love you, through it all.

let's work things out. communication is the answer. perhaps we should try relationship counseling? i'm dedicated to trying to make this work.

:woot:

GATE!! i knew you couldn't quit us. sure, you'll fly in and post something inflammatory and then go dark, but we still love you, through it all.

let's work things out. communication is the answer. perhaps we should try relationship counseling? i'm dedicated to trying to make this work.

:woot:

From Long Distance ofcourse....

"1. Gate, I'm glad you've returned to the board. I'd like to apologize for the way I treated you. It was rude and disrespectful. SoCal, my apologies for being disrespectful to your wife. It's bothered me for a long time."

Thanks BP for that. I really appreciate it.

As far as returning, really, I just jumped in the other night for the first time in months. I left last April after my birthday, because I realized this was not the place for me...especially as I get older. Bob continued through the season, going to game day chat, etc., because he enjoyed it..especially the chat. But our memberships were up in November and I knew I wouldn't re-new...I told him to, but he didn't. May again when football starts back up.

Hi Liver! I'll think of you whenever I see an umbrella drink.

Philly...I also was joking about Slade. I guess my "humor" has been forgotten.

Take care everyone.

"1. Gate, I'm glad you've returned to the board. I'd like to apologize for the way I treated you. It was rude and disrespectful. SoCal, my apologies for being disrespectful to your wife. It's bothered me for a long time."

Thanks BP for that. I really appreciate it.

As far as returning, really, I just jumped in the other night for the first time in months. I left last April after my birthday, because I realized this was not the place for me...especially as I get older. Bob continued through the season, going to game day chat, etc., because he enjoyed it..especially the chat. But our memberships were up in November and I knew I wouldn't re-new...I told him to, but he didn't. May again when football starts back up.

Hi Liver! I'll think of you whenever I see an umbrella drink.

Philly...I also was joking about Slade. I guess my "humor" has been forgotten.

Take care everyone.

If her membership has expired, why does she still have an avatar? UNFAIR, UNJUST, WRONG!

Ha...doubt that. About the "intelligent" part. All you all talk about is getting drunk and laid. Duh. Time to move on when your old married folk.

Yeah..you posted soon after I did on NBs...within minutes. But whatever. Carry on.

P.S. Why is Dio worried about the site? And it would help if you actually updated pages like the home page. Rather old info, don't you think?

gate came back?!?!?!?!?

If her membership has expired, why does she still have an avatar? UNFAIR, UNJUST, WRONG!

i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that socal bob re-upped for both of them so he could maintain his arcade privileges...

...hopefully she never finds that thread that snow started in barzil though.

Wow, not going to read through all 18 pages so far, but here's my suggestion, which is probably related to this thread being 18 pages long...

Add a way to "up" vote or "down" vote a post in a thread. I've seen this on other sites, and when it gets voted down enough it becomes hidden (but can be shown if you click on it). It allows the thread to be neatened as you go and you get less off-topic banter cluttering it up.

Wow, not going to read through all 18 pages so far, but here's my suggestion, which is probably related to this thread being 18 pages long...

Add a way to "up" vote or "down" vote a post in a thread. I've seen this on other sites, and when it gets voted down enough it becomes hidden (but can be shown if you click on it). It allows the thread to be neatened as you go and you get less off-topic banter cluttering it up.
Good idea. Let allbuffs vote on things. that always ends well. 96, make it so!

Speaking of which you need a new name. Poll anyone?

Ever since we won the Pac 12 tourney, this board has been pretty "on-topic". It's been boring me to tears.

I'm thinking about checking out CNN to be honest.

Back