What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Bama going to back into the NC game under the Nebraska rule?

I don't think you should be allowed in the national championship game if your kicker sucks. I don't want to see another game decided by ****** special teams.

In a perfect world we would trade ONeal to Bama for some cheerleaders

Is the title game at the Sugar Bowl this year? Thats hardly a neutral site, be like a damn LSU home game if so.

If Ok State destroys OU Saturday would that be enough to bump them to number 2? Isnt margin of victory factored into the equation?

So who should play if Okie Lite loses on Saturday?

At that point, I dunno. Maybe VA Tech or Houston. I just feel very strongly that non-conference champs have no business in the NC game. Win the conference and then you don't have to make bull**** arguments, IMO.

I would love to see Houston get a crack at em.... them boys could possibly just out score em

So if Georgia and OU win this weekend, we could have a thrilling Virginia Tech/Stanford MNC game.

Whoops, Stanford didn't win their conference either. So Virginia Tech/Houston for the title!

Except Clemson could beat Va Tech. Houston/Boise for the MNC!!!

Oops, Boise didn't win their conference. Houston/Arky for the title!!!

Oh ****. Well, how about Houston/Oregon for the MNC???!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Unless Skippy goes out with a win, I guess. Houston/OU!!! That's the game I want to see for the title!!!!!! Hell yeah!!!! :woot: :nod:

Houston wont get a shot, I heard Sugar Bowl if they win. I dont think Ok St. can make up that much ground on one weekend if they win. Only way, as Shldr put it, would be to win big. I just dont think they have the D to pull that off.

At that point, I dunno. Maybe VA Tech or Houston. I just feel very strongly that non-conference champs have no business in the NC game. Win the conference and then you don't have to make bull**** arguments, IMO.
I disagree, the top 2 teams should play regardless.

Yes. If you're not the best team in your own conference, you should not get to play in the NC game. Period, end of story. There should be no exceptions or do-overs. LSU and Bama played and Bama showed they were not up to the task that day.

OSU played the day they found out the women's hoops coach died. Not saying that's the reason, but it certainly may have been a factor especially after losing the men's hoops players and coaches a couple years ago.

and they came back and MADE a game winning field goal that was incorrectly called no good by the refs!

Until there is a playoff bigger than 4 teams... win your conference or STFU.

The argument that a team which didn't its conference can't play for the NC is a hollow one. The 2 best teams in the country happen to be from the same conference (or even the same division in this case) this season. And who cares if they've already played, they're still the 2 best teams so they should and will play for the NC.

No way. Win your conference or STFU.
I guess it all depends on what you want to see. I want to see as close to a true national championship game as possible. I have no problem believing that LSU and Bama would still meet in the final game of a 16 team playoff.

In a perfect world, Id agree with you. This system couldnt be farther from perfect. I think this is already a done deal regardless of the weekend games, thats just mho tho.

But, but, but...what about Texas?
LSU v Longhorns for the mNC. Athletic department revenue should be part of the BCS formula in the farthest from perfect scenario.

Rino's argument doesn't fail if chaos happens in the championship games. That is the system's fault, not the argument.

The argument that a team which didn't its conference can't play for the NC is a hollow one. The 2 best teams in the country happen to be from the same conference (or even the same division in this case) this season. And who cares if they've already played, they're still the 2 best teams so they should and will play for the NC.
\

I dont understand why you think they are the best teams? Out of 120 total teams, they each beat the same 6 teams in the same conference. They are the best 2 teams in the SEC, sure, but they dont' play anyone outside of that. There is no way of comparing them to a Big 12 team (A&M had Arky destroyed until they gave, OSU killed A&M etc...), or a Big 10 team besides Penn State who got beat by 4 or 5 other teams.

If the title game is 2 SEC teams I may not even watch.

\

I dont understand why you think they are the best teams? Out of 120 total teams, they each beat the same 6 teams in the same conference. They are the best 2 teams in the SEC, sure, but they dont' play anyone outside of that. There is no way of comparing them to a Big 12 team (A&M had Arky destroyed until they gave, OSU killed A&M etc...), or a Big 10 team besides Penn State who got beat by 4 or 5 other teams.

If the title game is 2 SEC teams I may not even watch.

OSU killed A&M?

I'd say there is really only one (maybe two) big 'what-ifs' in there. The rest are realistic results.

Those teams should win their conferences if they want a shot at the NC. If you're not the best in your conference, how can you be the best in the country? It really is that simple.

Those teams should win their conferences if they want a shot at the NC. If you're not the best in your conference, how can you be the best in the country? It really is that simple.
Because you are still better than anyone else. Pretty simple

I agree. However, I'm not sure if it's fair to always use one game (eg. the Conference Championship game) as the lone determining factor as to who is the best in the conference. Like, if UCLA wins this weekend, I'd still think that UCLA is truly not the best team in the Pac12. IMO, USC, UO, and Stanford would still be the better teams.

Last edited:
I agree. However, I'm not sure if it's fair to use one game (eg. the Conference Championship game) as the lone determining factor as to who is the best in the conference. Like, if UCLA wins this weekend, I'd still think that UCLA is truly not the best team in the Pac12. IMO, USC, UO, and Stanford would still be the better teams.

With SC on probation, the P12 is a special case this year. You could make an argument that SC is the best team in the conference. UCLA, not so much...

With SC on probation, the P12 is a special case this year. You could make an argument that SC is the best team in the conference. UCLA, not so much...

How about Stanford, a one loss team vs UCLA, a six loss team? I'd still pick Stanford who also beat UCLA in the head-to-head.

Back