What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Utah feeling like a rivalry to you now?

Is the "Rumble in the Rockies" a rivalry again?

• Yes

• Getting closer, but not quite there yet

• A bit closer, but light years away from feeling like a rivalry

• No. Just ain't happening.

Results are only viewable after voting.
By definition - rivals are entities competing for something only one can have. In this case, they both want the south championship. Until the game decides that, directly and repeatedly, this won't really be a rivalry. Had Utah won the Oregon game, this year would have been a much bigger step toward establishing a rivalry.

Didn't have a rivalry feel at all even though the magnitude of the game was absolutely enormous. Just wanted the Buffs to win, and didn't really care who was on the other side of the ball.
I could see Utah viewing it as more of a rivalry going forward since Colorado has now lapped them in the Pac 12 even though they had been on much firmer footing the previous years. Not sure if they may grow an inferiority complex rival mentality since they are the only team in the conference that is still recently known as a WAC/MWC school.

Didn't have a rivalry feel at all even though the magnitude of the game was absolutely enormous. Just wanted the Buffs to win, and didn't really care who was on the other side of the ball.
I could see Utah viewing it as more of a rivalry going forward since Colorado has now lapped them in the Pac 12 even though they had been on much firmer footing the previous years. Not sure if they may grow an inferiority complex rival mentality since they are the only team in the conference that is still recently known as a WAC/MWC school.

Utah has more wins in the Pac 12 South than any other school since they joined. They just haven't been able to capture a title during that time.

Utah has more wins in the Pac 12 South than any other school since they joined. They just haven't been able to capture a title during that time.

Kyle Whittingham is the Pac-12's Bill Snyder. Always play hard, tough and well-coached. Rarely have a talent advantage against the better teams.

I had a lot of fun trash talking Ute fans on Pac12Board...they weren't too happy at all!

I still sense that inferiority complex from those Ute fans and it'll worsen now that the Buffs did something they couldn't do the last six years: win the South.

The inferiority complex will be there for a while. They haven't won anything since joining the conference. We have a few CC championships, a men's basketball championship and now a South division football championship. Utah has none of these things, regardless of their overall level of competitiveness in the conference.

The inferiority complex will be there for a while. They haven't won anything since joining the conference. We have a few CC championships, a men's basketball championship and now a South division football championship. Utah has none of these things, regardless of their overall level of competitiveness in the conference.

I think they won women's gymnastics and baseball but that would be it.

I liked Rick Majerus coached WAC teams too much to ever give in to the hate I'd have for an actual rival, but the Utah football games definitely are more significant as they are the last game of our season and division races often come down to the outcome of that final conference game.

Now if Nik posts the lyrics to that "Utah Man" garbage next year I may say **** it and really start to hate them.

I liked Rick Majerus coached WAC teams too much to ever give in to the hate I'd have for an actual rival, but the Utah football games definitely are more significant as they are the last game of our season and division races often come down to the outcome of that final conference game.

Now if Nik posts the lyrics to that "Utah Man" garbage next year I may say **** it and really start to hate them.

You seem to be the only one. Others seem to like Utah's jolliness.

There has to be something else. A catalyst.

All Buff fans wanted to beat Nebraska, but after "Sal is Dead, Go Big Read", the **** got real.

Most Buff fans considered CSU a nuisance of a little brother right up to the point where BVP spiked the ball off the top of the head of our defender in the end zone and we followed it up the next year with Vickers manhandling their DB at the goal line, throwing him backwards on his ass in the end zone (less unsportsmanlike, but equally fulfilling).

Until something like that happens, they are just our red-headed pseudo mormon step children to the west with good snow and some great accessible ski resorts closer to a less populated metro area.

Saturday night could have been a catalyst had they not choked against the Duck. We don't have a regular rival. CSU is little brother, and it only hurts us to play them. Utah still is too much of an arranged marriage. Growing up in the Big 12, Nebraska was it, and probably will stay that way if we become a regular fixture for each other in Septembers to come.

Back