What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

James Franklin / Vanderbilt

One of the great matters of importance of HCMM & Co, is "continuity", not "win immediately"; something I believe even the dimmest bulbs here should recognize( Bueller? Slider? Burpie?), even if YOU do not.

How is recruiting (and thus the entire program), ever going to improve to a decent level if the neg-recruiters on other staffs can merely whisper "CU changes coachs every three years" to impressionable mothers and their upper 3* and 4* star babies?
Should ever coach they hire get a minimum of 3 years? That didn't apply to Embree obviously. I guarantee you if they have a very bad year, many will be screaming to get rid of Mac2.

Coaches love going to places where they fire coaches every 2-3 years. Plus playing with a roster over half filled with transition classes is definitely a positive too. This thread is getting hilarious.

Coaches love going to places where they fire coaches every 2-3 years. Plus playing with a roster over half filled with transition classes is definitely a positive too. This thread is getting hilarious.
There's only so many college football head coaching jobs, only so many HC FBS jobs, BCS HC jobs, only so many HC Pac-12 jobs, only so many HC jobs in this part of the country. Worst case scenario, a coach will use CU as a stepping stone. My point is they can get someone.

We are talking about the need for stability. And again, you don't seem to think MacIntyre is special, but then say "someone" would take the job in his place. Excuse the rest of us if that sounds ****ty.

We are talking about the need for stability. And again, you don't seem to think MacIntyre is special, but then say "someone" would take the job in his place. Excuse the rest of us if that sounds ****ty.
The discussion was getting to the "why would a coach come here" with all the instability. Was there a lot of stability at Alabama before Saban? How much stability has there been at Notre Dame?

Sorry just giving you examples of unstable programs where coaches came despite it.

And why do you think they were able to land those coaches?

It's also worth noting the previous coaches at the schools coached there for five years each. So even the instability of those programs is not comparable.

The discussion was getting to the "why would a coach come here" with all the instability. Was there a lot of stability at Alabama before Saban? How much stability has there been at Notre Dame?

At this point, we're more on the level of the Indianas than the Alabamas.

Alabama (Shula-4 years) and Notre Dame (Weiss-5 years) were far more stable than having 4 coaches in 5 years. But if we could steal Pete Carroll from the nfl, like bama did, my opinion would change.

Sorry just giving you examples of unstable programs where coaches came despite it.

The fact that MacIntyre and his staff's recruiting is incredibly awful has somehow been purposely ignored by 99% of CU fans. The odds are very high he will fail at CU simply due to a lack of talent, no matter how good a coach he is. MacIntyre is clearly nothing special - my guess is he is an average to above average coach being more than offset by a staff which cannot recruit BCS caliber players, with a few exceptions

Oh Henderson decided to grace us with his presence again. How are those 16 year olds in Italy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, we're more on the level of the Indianas than the Alabamas.

Alabama (Shula-4 years) and Notre Dame (Weiss-5 years) were far more stable than having 4 coaches in 5 years. But if we could steal Pete Carroll from the nfl, like bama did, my opinion would change.
I was thinking way before that like post-Gene Stallings and post-Lou Holtz. Not post-Gary Barnett.

The fact that MacIntyre and his staff's recruiting is incredibly awful has somehow been purposely ignored by 99% of CU fans. The odds are very high he will fail at CU simply due to a lack of talent, no matter how good a coach he is. MacIntyre is clearly nothing special - my guess is he is an average to above average coach being more than offset by a staff which cannot recruit BCS caliber players, with a few exceptions

Jesus, Hendo. Let us sign a class and then we'll complain about the talent he brings in. Also, let's give him another year to develop the talent he has.

Your continued insistence that recruiting gets grossed over on this site I'd well past annoying. It is pure bull****.

Let me reiterate I don't want Mac2 to leave, I just not going with the whole "the sky is falling" mentality of he does. I'd be MUCH more concerned if Tad leaves.

Oh Henderson decided to grace us with his presence again. How are those 16 year olds in Italy?

Unfortunately, I don't think he has left yet. I used one of my 10 clicks to read his article chastising the bball team for beating OSU a week ago.

When last we saw him, he was in the CU-Oregon game thread. Seemed to disappear right about the time that CU pulled away for the win. Odd...

I don't think I'd ever neg-repped a guy before now. Woot.

Anyway, this is a thread that is borderline hysterical based on **** that is really all in our heads.

The thought that people think we're lower than Vandy is depressing though.

I don't think I'd ever neg-repped a guy before now. Woot.

Anyway, this is a thread that is borderline hysterical based on **** that is really all in our heads.

The thought that people think we're lower than Vandy is depressing though.
I think everyone agrees that Vandy's ceiling is worse than ours. They've been more successful than us in recent years. I don't think that makes it a "better job" though, but it's not inconceivable for someone to choose Vandy over CU (lots of factors involved). For example, Mac2 having the Vandy connection MIGHT sway him.

I think everyone agrees that Vandy's ceiling is worse than ours. They've been more successful than us in recent years. I don't think that makes it a "better job" though, but it's not inconceivable for someone to choose Vandy over CU (lots of factors involved). For example, Mac2 having the Vandy connection MIGHT sway him.

We hired Mac pretty late in the hiring cycle last year as I recall, so he wasn't exactly a hot commodity nationally. What has he done in 1 year at CU to suddenly make him a desirable candidate in the SEC?

Your continued insistence that recruiting gets grossed over on this site I'd well past annoying. It is pure bull****.

Seriously - most people are not pleased with the class, but what do we do at this point? You have to give Mac some time to stabilize the program, and see if he can start winning games.

We hired Mac pretty late in the hiring cycle last year as I recall, so he wasn't exactly a hot commodity nationally. What has he done in 1 year at CU to suddenly make him a desirable candidate in the SEC?
It wouldn't usually but this isn't a top-tiered SEC job AND he does have a connection to Vandy that sets him apart.

Let me reiterate I don't want Mac2 to leave, I just not going with the whole "the sky is falling" mentality of he does. I'd be MUCH more concerned if Tad leaves.

Out of curiosity, since it would not be a big loss, what type of coach do you think would CU actually be able to land right now?

Out of curiosity, since it would not be a big loss, what type of coach do you think would CU actually be able to land right now?
Someone comparable to Mac2. I would prefer not losing him, but I'm not writing out a blank check to keep him. If let's say Vandy offered him $3.5 million, do you up the ante to $4 million? Franklin was making $3 million I read.

Les Miles, Mike Shannahan, Gary Kubiak, Dave Logan. Done and done

Back