What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

James Franklin / Vanderbilt

MM had a better resume this time a year ago. Too bad for him the Vandy job wasn't open then. Honestly, I'd prefer he stay, but if he leaves, how much worse can things really get?
Basically how I feel on the whole matter but I'm getting crushed for that position.

I do wonder if both CU/Vandy were open in the same year, which one he'd take? CU is the better job after all.

Are we trying to see how things go when you have 3 transition classes in a 4 year period? I'm always down for some theoretical football, but that just doesn't seem wise.

Here's the real question--if HCMM decides to bolt to Vandy, who would be the best candidate to replace him? After all, CU would be a late-commer to the coaching carrousel, and there are still schools out there competing for the best new coaches. My (serious, I mean really, I am serious) suggestion would be someone with extensive head coaching experience, someone who can recruit and can recruit in Pac-12 territory, someone who knows football, and who knows Boulder and our University, and someone who has the gift of gab and can talk to the media and schmooze donors. With those qualifications in mind, I (seriously) think that there is one candidate, and one candidate only that would fit the bill and could lead CU to success--Rick Neuheisel.

I know that many buffs fans will hold numerous grudges against him (I did for many years), but we should get over that and realize that he might be exactly what the doctor ordered if CU has to engage in a new coaching search. First, he has had success as a head coach, both here and in Washington. Second, he is available. Third, he wants to get back into coaching in the worst way (as could be discerned by his most recent comments on the PAC-12 Football Podcast), and would jump at the job and would probably not demand any more money than CU was paying HCMM. Although I was initially hesitant to have him as an analyst on the Pac-12 Network due to the aforementioned grudges, I have grown to like him and respect his football acumen. He has a deep knowledge of the teams in the Pac-12, the coaches, the players, the schemes, essentially everything. It would be hard for CU to do much better, and we could do a heck of a lot worse.

Rick Neuheise[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Here's the real question--if HCMM decides to bolt to Vandy, who would be the best candidate to replace him? After all, CU would be a late-commer to the coaching carrousel, and there are still schools out there competing for the best new coaches. My (serious, I mean really, I am serious) suggestion would be someone with extensive head coaching experience, someone who can recruit and can recruit in Pac-12 territory, someone who knows football, and who knows Boulder and our University, and someone who has the gift of gab and can talk to the media and schmooze donors. With those qualifications in mind, I (seriously) think that there is one candidate, and one candidate only that would fit the bill and could lead CU to success--Rick Neuheisel.

I know that many buffs fans will hold numerous grudges against him (I did for many years), but we should get over that and realize that he might be exactly what the doctor ordered if CU has to engage in a new coaching search. First, he has had success as a head coach, both here and in Washington. Second, he is available. Third, he wants to get back into coaching in the worst way (as could be discerned by his most recent comments on the PAC-12 Football Podcast), and would jump at the job and would probably not demand any more money than CU was paying HCMM. Although I was initially hesitant to have him as an analyst on the Pac-12 Network due to the aforementioned grudges, I have grown to like him and respect his football acumen. He has a deep knowledge of the teams in the Pac-12, the coaches, the players, the schemes, essentially everything. It would be hard for CU to do much better, and we could do a heck of a lot worse.

Rick Neuheise
They could go the Arkansas/Ohio State interim coach route if there really is no good coach available.

Neuheisel only had success with Mac's team. And the dude ripped CU on the way out (probably deserved, but still not a great way to leave). He started the dumpster fire that led to where we are today (together with CU admin). No thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neuheisel only had success with Mac's team. And the dude ripped CU on the way out (probably deserved, but still not a great way to leave). He started the dumpster fire that led to where we are today (together with CU admin). No thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can John Henderson coach?

I'd rather take back Barney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we trying to see how things go when you have 3 transition classes in a 4 year period? I'm always down for some theoretical football, but that just doesn't seem wise.
A lot of people on here consider this a transitional class anyway. I know I am disappointed.

Rick Neuheise[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Just when I thought this thread couldn't possibly get any stupider...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it was already discussed, but he got 6 years at 4.5 per year from Penn State.

I don't know if it was already discussed, but he got 6 years at 4.5 per year from Penn State.

Wow, I know PSU has a lot of tradition, facilities, fan base and whatnot, but the pay scale of getting coaches is getting steeper. It seems like a lot of schools are going to have to suffer from their own Hawkins if they have to buyout their contract. :wow:

This thread is ramnation delusional

I'm sure either Jon gruden or bill cowher will be our hc

I heard from a reliable source that Gruden bought a parcel of land in Colorado a few years back on a tax sale, or a relative did, or something.

Back