What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Embree Press Conf.

That would make a lot of sense if the conference commissioner came threatening. Bohn has to listen to that. CU was embarrassing the conference on the gridiron

Tune into 1043. Donor has inside info and says there is a Strong Likelihood that we'll get major announcements in a week. New coach and facilities. Great call! More Donor's on deck too.

How did Bohn suddenly get so many supporters on Allbuffs? He seemed universally disliked just days ago.

:lol:

My guess is they finally saw that Bohn got his way, when he showed up at a meeting with POCU and DeSteph with a sh*# load of threatened season ticket and funding/donation cancellations, as well as a warning note from Larry Scott!

Bohn was not resonsible for Hawk's failure(Who could have foreseen that? DH was everybody's choice! Boise wasn't talking, they knew who the real power was and were glad to see DH go!)) nor was Embo his choice. People realize that now.

Actually, when left to his own devices, even with few resources, Bohn shows pretty well, getting good CU/ Colo connected coachs who are on the rise. I remember all the early whining about the CU-hosted Big12 Track & Field meet; and when all was said and done it was universally acclaimed as the best league meet, evah, thanks to Bohn's efforts. (BB, VB and golf coachs speak for themselves. K Mack was just another DH; everyone lauded the choice at the time.)

Last edited:
Bohn and company should not escape criticism for hiring him in the 1st place and signing off on EB and Bwon as coordinators. That being said, Embree showed he couldnt do the Xs and Os so had to go. 1st step. Now we need a big time hire and facilities announced, and more football support $$$. Without all these the football ceiling is capped. And even then there are no guarantees. However, what Bohn said about hoops is true, get the right coach and facilities/commitment it can be done, but football is more $$$ and harder to turn.

Make that "and company" only Bohn wanted no part of Embo; he was forced on Bohn.

I really fail to see why is was such a "debacle" both sides said their peace. Embree blamed everyone and everything but himself, threw out the race card and cried like a baby. Bohn told us what needs to happen moving forward. Bohn gets my respect and Embree can keep it moving, he didn;t do himself any favors in terms of getting another gig.

He spent two years sulking on the sidelines and Buff or not I am disgusted by his coaching, his sideline antics and his comments today. You love this University so much, well act like it! And the fact that it is still raw is no excuse, you are an adult, you worked in the NFL and College. This stuff happnes. Win games or at the very least don't get embarassed week in and week out and you wouldn't be in a position to be balling and crying like a child on national TV. Go away.

Done ranting? Good.

Tune into 1043. Donor has inside info and says there is a Strong Likelihood that we'll get major announcements in a week. New coach and facilities. Great call! More Donor's on deck too.

In a week or within a week?

Another booster on the phone with 1043... "Supports Bohn. Embree hire not endorsed by Mike Bohn... Benson pushed for a CU Guy... Look at UCLA, it was a mess and they fixed it. A lot bigger contract coming to the next coach..."

Agree. While they said nothing in the two year disaster under Embree, you can be damn sure they are going to be venomous when it comes to the next coach

Klatt and his pimp-weasle friends in B4L, can be bought off with a few freebie tix and a couple of free beers in the Club section or a sideline pass or two! That's all they wanted in the first place!

Don't forget this either: Klatt had his bell rung a few too many times through GB's carelessness. Who knows what planet he's on?

I've only seen clips of the presser on buffzone, but doesn't look like Embree handled it well. Keep in mind, though, that he was fired from his dream job yesterday. His whole coaching career had been with the CU HC position in mind. It's also worth noting that academically CU football is in the best shape ever. Unfortunately, the results on the field simply weren't there.

I do agree that the donor made a good point. I think Bohn already has some plans in place. It may be longer than a week to put it all together, but this happened quickly for a reason. I think Larry Scott pushed for CU to make serious changes, donors have stepped up with cash for a new coach and Bohn wasn't married to JE. I'm excited.

When Embree played the race card and didn't take responsibility, that is when it became obvious that the right decision was made to fire Embree.

I hate to say this but I am glad that the Utah game was only the second CU game I have watched all season long. I'm going to hold off on resuming my support of CU until the new coach is announced and the adminstration gets going on facilities. I'm glad basketball is off to a good start this season although.

I don't think Embree will even sniff a coaching job even in the MWC. :wink2:

I don't ever post on this cite but as an Alum/season ticket holder I do often read the forum. I feel the need to post on something that is being said repeatedly on this forum that I do not believe is true. I listened to the entire press conference today with Jon Embree. It's unfair to say he played the race card. He was asked a direct question on the issue of race and he answered it. He did not ever assert that his firing had anything to do with the fact that he is an African American. I thought he could have found a way to be more composed through the press conference. That part was disappointing, but claiming that Embree played the race card is not fair.

I don't ever post on this cite but as an Alum/season ticket holder I do often read the forum. I feel the need to post on something that is being said repeatedly on this forum that I do not believe is true. I listened to the entire press conference today with Jon Embree. It's unfair to say he played the race card. He was asked a direct question on the issue of race and he answered it. He did not ever assert that his firing had anything to do with the fact that he is an African American. I thought he could have found a way to be more composed through the press conference. That part was disappointing, but claiming that Embree played the race card is not fair.

You should post more often. I'm serious.

Just because he walked through the door opened by the media about race doesn't mean he didn't still walk through it. He didn't play the race card without assistance, but it was still played. He could of just stated that it had nothing to do with his firing, which is the truth. Instead, he simply played into the media's desire to create an issue from nothing.

I agree, Embo answered the question, didn't play the race card. He was right though, Not many African Americans get an opportunity to coach in BCS or Division 1. About 11 African American coaches in the entire 1st division represents a problem.

CU has just lapped Auburn as the job no coach wants. - Matt Hayes senior writer for Sporting News :bang:

Matt must have a lot of time on his hands these days, since his primary job of being Rick Neuheisel's personal fluffer probably doesn't take much time these days....

Klatt is calling into The Fan, and he ACKNOWLEDGED that the media had animosity when the administration came on the stage

There's a donor on 1043 right now explaining how much the donor's wanted this fire to happen. $10,000 minimum to donate? Didn't know that. Mentioned that Larry Scott has a big role. Makes total sense!

$10,000 minimum to donate? :wow:

I'm more impressed now with all the people here who promised to donate to make this happen. Who knew we had this many people with $10k to throw around??

$10,000 minimum to donate? :wow:

I'm more impressed now with all the people here who promised to donate to make this happen. Who knew we had this many people with $10k to throw around??

I believe I made 4 separate donations in 2012. Just wait until my wife finds out we're on the hook for $40k. :lol:

Back